Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4958|Dundee, Scotland.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Finray wrote:

If he hadn't looked through her phone then none of this would have happened.

Looking through phone without permission = worse than talking in class.
well excuse me but i always look for the root cause.
root cause is the principal/school officials/police violated her 4th amendment rights to illegal search and seizure.  Taking pictures of yourself is not illegal.  Taking naked pics of yourself is not illegal.  Confiscating someone's personal property and searching it is illegal.  That's the root cause you're looking for.

You're free to judge her character all you want, but don't get things twisted regarding 'root cause'.
perfectly worded +1
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6120|North Tonawanda, NY

jord wrote:

Lucien wrote:

jord wrote:

Although I disagree with usm I don't think going against the US constitution is such a bad thing, the way people fall back on it like its gospel handed down by Thor himself to be aheared to at all costs. The worst argument someone can use is "but the constitution says"...
I think there are much worse arguments to use than "it's a constitutional law"
It's still a poor argument.
Clinging to the constitution is hardly a poor argument.  It's the basis for the entire system of government here.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5249|foggy bottom
1st amendment has nothing to do with searching anything
Tu Stultus Es
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5955|London, England

You don't have any rights in school... They can search your shit
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
jord
+2,382|6668|The North, beyond the wall.

SenorToenails wrote:

jord wrote:

Lucien wrote:

I think there are much worse arguments to use than "it's a constitutional law"
Clinging to the constitution is hardly a poor argument.  It's the basis for the entire system of government here.
Everything should be questioned and logic always upheld.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5249|foggy bottom
youre just jealous cus you have no constitution.  you should run for king jord
Tu Stultus Es
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4958|Dundee, Scotland.

Mutantbear wrote:

Yeah but presumably with good reason.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

jord wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

jord wrote:

And thus the purpose of the legal system.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5955|London, England

Camm wrote:

Mutantbear wrote:

I wonder if the principal kept the pictures
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
jord

eleven bravo wrote:

I'm not jealous, if I want to refer to an old piece of paper written by people that have long since passed for my arguments I'll refer to the magna carta, thanks.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5249|foggy bottom
divine right to rule
Tu Stultus Es
jord

SenorToenails wrote:

jord wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

Legislation is not logic, there is nothing logical about many laws.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

jord wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

I'm not jealous, if I want to refer to an old piece of paper written by people that have long since passed for my arguments I'll refer to the magna carta, thanks.
Is the problem that the document was written by people who are dead?  The concept of fundamental freedoms being protected is not a dated one.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

jord wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

jord wrote:

Legislation is not logic, there is nothing logical about many laws.
The legal system is not just legislation.  It is the entire system by which those laws are interpreted and enforced.  This can evolve over time, but it is slow.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6622|949

Mutantbear wrote:

Camm wrote:

Mutantbear wrote:

I wonder if the principal kept the pictures
They can search your locker if it's school property (ie. on school grounds).  They could search a laptop they give out to students (as it's still school property).  They can't search any personal property without your permission.  Police can if they have a warrant or can demonstrate probable cause.
jord

SenorToenails wrote:

jord wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Is the problem that the document was written by people who are dead?  The concept of fundamental freedoms being protected is not a dated one.
No, there's no problem. I'm just yet to see the constitution questioned here yet, I find it odd when its raised in a debate its like some card that trumps all other cards...
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

jord wrote:

No, there's no problem. I'm just yet to see the constitution questioned here yet, I find it odd when its raised in a debate its like some card that trumps all other cards...
People question it and it's interpretations here all the time.  Commerce clause anyone?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5249|foggy bottom
the constitution is law, not a trump card to win an argument.
Tu Stultus Es
jord

SenorToenails wrote:

jord wrote:

People question it and it's interpretations here all the time.  Commerce clause anyone?
They don't question it as a force though. Whenever the right to bear arms comes up you can guarantee rather than the subject being debated solely with logic, reason and facts someone will come in and start shouting "read the 2nd amendment fags" like it has any bearing on the discussion at hand... It pains me.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5249|foggy bottom
youre confusing cable news and forum posters for actual jurisprudence
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5227|Cleveland, Ohio

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Finray wrote:

If he hadn't looked through her phone then none of this would have happened.

Looking through phone without permission = worse than talking in class.
well excuse me but i always look for the root cause.
root cause is the principal/school officials/police violated her 4th amendment rights to illegal search and seizure.  Taking pictures of yourself is not illegal.  Taking naked pics of yourself is not illegal.  Confiscating someone's personal property and searching it is illegal.  That's the root cause you're looking for.

You're free to judge her character all you want, but don't get things twisted regarding 'root cause'.
thats the root cause of the lawsuit, yes.  the root cause of the whole issue remains as i stated.
jord

eleven bravo wrote:

I'm not confusing anything charlene, I'm simply commentating on what I've seen in debates here.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5227|Cleveland, Ohio

Lucien wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Lucien wrote:

too little, too late
you say i am trolling, yet what have you done in this thread?
I've pointed out that you are trolling

continue
how is speaking to the topic trolling?

which btw you are not doing.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5249|foggy bottom

jord wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

I'm not confusing anything charlene, I'm simply commentating on what I've seen in debates here.
thats my point, giggles.
Tu Stultus Es
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

jord wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

jord wrote:

They don't question it as a force though. Whenever the right to bear arms comes up you can guarantee rather than the subject being debated solely with logic, reason and facts someone will come in and start shouting "read the 2nd amendment fags" like it has any bearing on the discussion at hand... It pains me.
See, here's the thing though--that right to bear arms and how it has been interpreted is the law of the land.  In order to change that, one would need to pass an amendment.  Until then, there isn't much to discuss other than 'how much is too much' for gun control.  Saying that the second amendment is outdated is certainly an argument, but it's a firmly entrenched freedom.

Besides, people do argue about the comma placement in the wording of the second amendment.  Most of us on BF2s aren't legal scholars though, so such minutae would be lost on us.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard