Ticia
+73|5333
Republicans along with two democrats made "don't ask don't tell" won't go away with a swift 56-43 vote. The democrats had higher salaries for troops and increased funding which republicans usually support but that was not enough to get their vote.

"This is a victory for the men and women who serve our nation in uniform. At least for now they will not be used to advance a radical social agenda,” said Family Research Council president Tony Perkins.
Link

Still waiting for a good argument defending this absurd policy.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5235|Cleveland, Ohio
ask clinton
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

11 Bravo wrote:

ask clinton
tell bush
11 Bravo
Banned
erm obama is prez
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

blame obama
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

I think Starship Troopers has it right (good short read)
11 Bravo
Banned

burnzz wrote:

blame obama
im not blaming anyone.  she asked for a good justification...well go research clinton and his reasons.  fuck sake burz.  back to ee with you.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

i was just getting the hang of the two word reply. oh well, never having served, i really have no opinion.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

It's a fairly okay policy. Don't tell anyone and no one will will make an issue out of it. No one will ask you either.

Seems fair. As far as the "I want to openly serve and be proud of who/what I am", you're in the military, you're supposed to be able to kill on command with ease. Harden the fuck up.
11 Bravo
Banned

burnzz wrote:

i was just getting the hang of the two word reply. oh well, never having served, i really have no opinion.
ask clinton is a perfect response since it was his policy therefore if you didnt know that then its just repub bashing
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

Macbeth wrote:

It's a fairly okay policy. Don't tell anyone and no one will will make an issue out of it. No one will ask you either.

Seems fair. As far as the "I want to openly serve and be proud of who/what I am", you're in the military, you're supposed to be able to kill on command with ease. Harden the fuck up.
This is part of it, yeah. A persons sexuality is not supposed to be discussed in the military, gay or straight. That said, men and women who get 'found out' shouldn't be kicked out of the military for it. That's just stupid.

The only reason I see any issue whatsoever with DADT's repeal is that it would be a logistical nightmare. Right now males and females are split up and live separately. Do you now house lesbians with guys and gays with the women? Stupid, yes, but you have to understand the military's dress right dress obsession. Everything in its place etc.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ticia
+73|5333

11 Bravo wrote:

burnzz wrote:

blame obama
im not blaming anyone.  she asked for a good justification...well go research clinton and his reasons.  fuck sake burz.  back to ee with you.
Clinton only good reason was that before him military policy dictated homosexuality was incompatible with the military service.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

JohnG@lt wrote:

The only reason I see any issue whatsoever with DADT's repeal is that it would be a logistical nightmare. Right now males and females are split up and live separately. Do you now house lesbians with guys and gays with the women? Stupid, yes, but you have to understand the military's dress right dress obsession. Everything in its place etc..
What about bisexuals?

Last edited by Macbeth (2010-09-21 18:28:42)

Reciprocity
+721|6579|the dank(super) side of Oregon
isn't the pentagon set to release a report recommending the repeal of DADT?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

When did the Republicans take back control of the Senate?
11 Bravo
Banned

Ticia wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

burnzz wrote:

blame obama
Clinton only good reason was that before him military policy dictated homosexuality was incompatible with the military service.
no thats a cop out
Ticia
+73|5333

JohnG@lt wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

This is part of it, yeah. A persons sexuality is not supposed to be discussed in the military, gay or straight. That said, men and women who get 'found out' shouldn't be kicked out of the military for it. That's just stupid.

The only reason I see any issue whatsoever with DADT's repeal is that it would be a logistical nightmare. Right now males and females are split up and live separately. Do you now house lesbians with guys and gays with the women? Stupid, yes, but you have to understand the military's dress right dress obsession. Everything in its place etc.
You were in the military,weren't you? Want to tell me how long did it take before discussions became sexual?

Well if i was in the military i would have some issues with showering with a hairy morbidly obese woman, i don't expect the government to give a damn about my issues.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

I find it hilarious that the military exists to kill people, but everyone's getting all hung up about the possibility of gay people sneaking in.

"At least for now they will not be used to advance a radical social agenda,"
No, instead they'll be used to advance another social agenda.
11 Bravo
Banned

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I find it hilarious that the military exists to kill people, but everyone's getting all hung up about the possibility of gay people sneaking in.

well most people in this country are catholics, catholics hate gays, so by simple math once again we can blame religion.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

Ticia wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

You were in the military,weren't you? Want to tell me how long did it take before discussions became sexual?

Well if i was in the military i would have some issues with showering with a hairy morbidly obese woman, i don't expect the government to give a damn about my issues.
Obese women can't pass the physical. Still though, when did the Republicans take control of the Senate? Still was almost a Democrat supermajority last time I checked.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

11 Bravo wrote:

well most people in this country are catholics, catholics hate gays, so by simple math once again we can blame religion.
Protestants make the majority of religious U.S. kthx.

Catholics are the majority in the most liberal gay loving states.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ticia wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

On official work time? Rarely. 'Off work' in the barracks and stuff? All the time. The problem is that soldiers are considered to be on the clock 24/7 and the military can and does control their every waking breath.

As I said, the only issue I can possibly think of that the military could have is of simple logistics, and it's not a difficult problem to solve. Hell, I say tear down all the walls and have the men and women comingled from the word go It will kill off the sexual tension.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

Macbeth wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

By the 2010 Yearbook of American and Canadian Churches, from which members in the United States are combined with Canadian members, and of the National Council of Churches, the five largest denominations are[11]:

The Catholic Church, 68,115,001 members
The Southern Baptist Convention, 16,228,438 members
The United Methodist Church, 7,853,987 members
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 5,974,041 members
The Church of God in Christ, 5,499,875 members

source: wiki
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

By the 2010 Yearbook of American and Canadian Churches, from which members in the United States are combined with Canadian members, and of the National Council of Churches, the five largest denominations are[11]:

The Catholic Church, 68,115,001 members
The Southern Baptist Convention, 16,228,438 members
The United Methodist Church, 7,853,987 members
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 5,974,041 members
The Church of God in Christ, 5,499,875 members

source: wiki
Damn beaners.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard