Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6757|St. Paul, MN
so I guess radeon 9200 & 9250's as well as geforce 5700 and lower, and probably a lot of other cards are getting
left behind to die on the pre-1.2 battlefield.
Thank you so much EA for giving us a loaded deal. We pay for your game and now we have to pay for new hardware.
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6757|St. Paul, MN
why do you build me up (build me up)
buttercup baby just to let me down,
and mess me around and then worst of all (worst of all)
you never call baby when you say you will,
but I love you still
I need you (I need you)
more than anyone darling
you know that I had from the start,
so build  me up (build me up)
buttercup don't break my heart....
Barnyard
+0|6781
Cards suppported at release.

- Video Cards
  Battlefield 2 only supports the following video cards:
  Radeon X700 (PCIe)
  Radeon X600 (PCIe)
  GeForce 6600 (PCIe)
  GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe)
  GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)
  ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition
  ATI Radeon X800 PRO
  ATI Radeon 9800 Series
  ATI Radeon 9600 Series
  ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)
  ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series
  ATI Radeon 8500 Series
  ATI Radeon X300 Series
  NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
  NVidia GeForce 6800 GT
  NVidia GeForce 6800
  NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series
  NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series
  NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6716|New York
The 5500 and up are working fine 2 clan Mates have them and all is well with the patch.

ATI, Dunno I Have a X800Xl, so cant comment

Oh One clanmate has a 8500 ATI that wont work now, But he has a 9800Pro comeing tomarrow.

Harry

PS  Id be Pissed Too!!
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6757|St. Paul, MN
well then they should have gotten their facts straight and not supported the 9200 and 9250 like it said on the box instead of letting them play for half a year and then fucking them.
and as for me, I'm on that list (NVidia GeForce FX 5700) so I certainly shouldn't have to buy a new card.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6663

Kkookie wrote:

but I love you still
I need you (I need you)
more than anyone darling
MEH <3 TAHT SONG!!!!111!11! OmFg IT TEH PWnZ0r2!!!!!!1!1111!!111one!!11!!
Empathy
+12|6715
wow dude. you must be like, 12 or something if you cant afford a 50 dollar video card that is 2x better than a 5700FX. and anyways, if the box said the 92xx and 57xxFX cards were MINIMUM requirements then you really screwed yourself more than anything. Reccomended requirements can really play the game in most situations with everything at low, minimum requirements just get the game running in singleplayer at most.
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6757|St. Paul, MN

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

Kkookie wrote:

but I love you still
I need you (I need you)
more than anyone darling
MEH <3 TAHT SONG!!!!111!11! OmFg IT TEH PWnZ0r2!!!!!!1!1111!!111one!!11!!
the ODB version is the only way to go
Flyboy63
+8|6718|South Australia
I guess it comes down to Dice not being able to optimize mid-high range video cards w/o compromising low end cards. IMO low end cards are on the way out & the newer ones are becoming cheaper & more the 'main stream'. So I think they have done the right thing (IMO who wants to play BF2 on a shitty vid card with all detail turned off anyway).
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6742|Madrid, Spain
this is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!

minimum requirements for that game have been listed not only on the web since the day BF2 was released, but like every other games, they're also mentioned in the box (retail package)... If your graph card sucks, go buy another one and stop bitchin'
Since I started gaming I have changed my card at least once a year, it's called evolution.
Maybe you are one of those guys who would like to see BF2's resolution as crappy as good old first fps games like medal of honor allied assault or maybe counter strike....
I personally think BF2 has best graphics ever, best looking maps, water effects, dynamic lights and all that stuff I have never seen for a multiplayer PC game. And believe me, as a long time gamer and map designer I know about all that stuff. So plz... stop moaning, save some money to buy yourself a better card and enjoy the game the way it's meant to be.
If you don't like the results you should have bought The Sims.
D-Klaus
+1|6703
I have a GeForce FX 5700 (256mb) card, and it works great.  I have everything on Medium quality and it runs smooth.
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6757|St. Paul, MN

Empathy wrote:

wow dude. you must be like, 12 or something if you cant afford a 50 dollar video card that is 2x better than a 5700FX. and anyways, if the box said the 92xx and 57xxFX cards were MINIMUM requirements then you really screwed yourself more than anything. Reccomended requirements can really play the game in most situations with everything at low, minimum requirements just get the game running in singleplayer at most.
how "empathetic" of you.

the point is that they should not have put the 5700 on the box if they were planning on discontinuing support for it.
And how did I 'screw myself over'? by not upgrading because I can't afford it (and shouldn't have to) I am 'screwing myself over'?

I'm sure I'll find some way of getting ahold of some hardware but the point is I shouldn't need to.
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6757|St. Paul, MN

Stratocaster wrote:

If your graph card sucks, go buy another one and stop bitchin'
fuck you.

don't you get it? people shouldn't have to buy more hardware if it states on the box that their computer can run the game.
you don't have to be an asshole about money either. some people just want to play and don't want to spend their money on hardware. or others can't afford it or have to use their money for more important things. some people don't have jobs, like kids. I'm in high school and don't have time for a job.
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6742|Madrid, Spain
fuck you, noob kid asshole

"people shouldn't have to buy more hardware if it states on the box that their computer can run the game"

If you can't make it work, you don't know a thing about computers, I have run the game with a fx5700 card on my girlfriend's pc, and it works. So you are a fuckin pro, your knowledge is way beyond official EA testers, hahaha, if the card is listed to work with the game, it works, check the ram, the processor, or your brain, motherfucker.

"others can't afford it or have to use their money for more important things"

If you can afford a pc, a broadband, internet access, and the game itself, you can afford a decent card. If you really can't, then make an effort, stay home a couple of weeks instead of having beers and smoke crack.

"I'm in high school and don't have time for a job"

OOOOOhhh too bad, so sad, I'm gonna cry.....Yeah, I can imagine, you hang around with friends instead of studying or doing anything constructive. If you really want to work, you can do it, Just do it. You can make it if you try, try just a little bit harder ROFL :p
How do you think Howard Hugues or Rotschild started? Obviously you are not as clever.

Please don't reply I'm not gonna answer. You are wrong, I am right, face it or die.
The time you spend playing or reading the forums you could help your neighbours with their gardens for a couple of bucks. In no time you have a decent card again, moron!
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6777

Barnyard wrote:

ATI Radeon X800 PRO
  ATI Radeon 9800 Series
  ATI Radeon 9600 Series
OMFG Why... WHY do they always leave out the 9700?!?!
Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6718
Well mate you just dont know how to use a computer i run a Nvidia FX 5200 fine mate and that only has a puny 128mbs of power and as for being in High School and not able to get a job what a cop out i was a A grade student and held a job down since i was 14yrs 6mth(youngest age allowed to be employed) i only stopped working when i hit my final year so i could concentrate for the final year exams so i think you just are lazy and would rather hang out with your Bum chums so as i always say "if theres a will theres a way" theres no such thing as too hard just too much excuses and as someone famous said "Excuses are like Assholes, Everyone has one and they all STINK!"
DSRTurtle
+56|6700
The highschool kid is right.  However, all of you should be chided for your language.   EA should not drop support for video cards that were listed as supported at the time of release of the game.  If I remember reading correctly some of the lesser video cards are not supported on Special Forces, ie. Radeon 7500.  I had a Radeon 9000 Pro at the time of release of Battlefield 2.  It worked prettty well most of the time.  Before I got Special Forces, I upgraded to a 9600XT.  Looking at the requirements when I got Special Forces, I was quite happy to have already upgraded to my 9600 XT, as I believe the 9000 is not supported by Special Forces. 

As the 1.2 patch applies to both Battlefield 2 and Special Forces, I believe that may be the reason "lesser" video cards and or systems may be experiencing issues.  I am in agreement that the "lesser" video cards should be supported by the patch since EA stated on the orginal packaging that it is supported, all be it at low settings and such.

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-02-15 03:59:35)

AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6801|Hanging onto the UAV
Stratocaster FTW!

I couldn't agree more.
dracul
+2|6821
If you care enough tobe this passionate about it, you care enough to go dig in the bargain bins at your local discount pc shop.

Trust me, they will have something.
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6706|Sweden

AnarkyXtra wrote:

Stratocaster FTW!

I couldn't agree more.
Iv always wonder what FTW means, please tell me.

Edit: I have Geforce FX 5200. I need a new card.

Last edited by JON.ANTONSSON (2006-02-15 04:45:39)

ChibiAlpha
+0|6664

Coolbeano wrote:

Barnyard wrote:

ATI Radeon X800 PRO
  ATI Radeon 9800 Series
  ATI Radeon 9600 Series
OMFG Why... WHY do they always leave out the 9700?!?!
They grouped 9500/9700 together on the line right under it.  Probaby due to the fact that the two cards are a generation or two older the other 9xxx series.

As for them "raising the requirements", I'm pretty sure most online games have disclaimers somewhere on the box or in the EULA about the game changing during online play.  However, I know quite a few people that have cards far worse than the ones supported(GF4MX, GF3s, etc) but they seem to run decently on mostly low settings.

I think RAM influences gameplay for BF2 a lot more than a videocard does, and can even offset some of the load.  If you're running under a gig, I suggest you bump it up to a gig at least.. and it's much cheaper than a new video card.

Also, the patch optimized shaders again.. did you delete the old optimization files?  Defragging after that also helps boost performance a bit.
monkeyboy
+8|6679
Yeah, they've got tons of disclaimers about discontinuing support.  If you try and complain though, they'll just tell you that you can still play the game on single player, or on a lan with an older patch.

Personally I think it's a good thing they didn't support geforce 4's and they're dropping support for other low end cards. Sure people who have to upgrade feel screwed, but pc developers who cater for these people are just holding back the development of the games.

When they make a game totally scalable, so it can look brilliant on a decent system yet still work on a crap one, it ends up performing worse on a high end system that it would if it had been optimised for a fast pc in the first place. When its a choice between screwing the low end users, or compromising serious gamers, there's really only one fair option.

If you can't afford to upgrade a pc regularly, you don't really have much sympathy from me. There's these things called "consoles" for people like that

Last edited by monkeyboy (2006-02-15 05:12:02)

Legit_Xero
+0|6701
i have a 256MB version of a 5600 and i have had it since day one of BF2, and the only thing different i have noticed about the graphical aspect of the game so far with the new patch if anything is that it has actually INCREASED my performance, take for example the iron gator map, it still runs like crap on my system and is not playable to the average person, but i get about 5 fps better than before the patch now.
I2elik
+12|6766|Perth, Western Australia
x300 here, it's what..$120 Australian now?
I can run bf2 perfectly on medium.
airborne916
+24|6679

Barnyard wrote:

Cards suppported at release.

- Video Cards
  Battlefield 2 only supports the following video cards:
  Radeon X700 (PCIe)
  Radeon X600 (PCIe)
  GeForce 6600 (PCIe)
  GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe)
  GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)
  ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition
  ATI Radeon X800 PRO
  ATI Radeon 9800 Series
  ATI Radeon 9600 Series
  ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series
  ATI Radeon 8500 Series
  ATI Radeon X300 Series
  NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
  NVidia GeForce 6800 GT
  NVidia GeForce 6800
  NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series
  NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series
  NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series
does that mean my x700pro is not covered?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard