Default is all you need.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Stimey wrote:

Uzique wrote:

minecraft: a game that apparently makes building pixel-block ghettos 'fun'

jesus christ stimey are you designing another warsaw there or something
was actually thinking dachau, gonna add some minecart tracks then funnel them all into a big room with furnaces as far as the eye can see.

Finray wrote:

Gay texture pack m8.
yea i dont like it either actually, y friend put it on.
you have one thats better?
There's a pretty good Zelda one floating around.

(I use default.)
Stimey
­
+786|6121|Ontario | Canada
i like some of both tbh.

for example i like my current water and grass textures, but the default wood and smoothstone are much nicer.

might muck around in the actual file myself and mix and match.
­
­
­
­
­
­
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

I wish this game allowed you to make 'circuit blocks.' It's so irritating digging up the floor just to make a simple redstone OR gate for a door switch.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black
Shadow893
lel
+75|6693|England
wow interest in minecraft has slowed down a lot lately.

just a 10-minute-wonder game i guess
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6632|New Hampshire, USA

Shadow893 wrote:

wow interest in minecraft has slowed down a lot lately.

just a 10-minute-wonder game i guess
Its an insanely fun game, but its just limited in what you can do.

That being said, the game kept my interest for 5 whole weeks.  Which is more than can be said for most $60 retail games nowadays...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

^this

Aside from mining for diamond so you can mine for more diamond, the game is a bit limited. I've taken to abandoning an area entirely to go boat around and look for interesting terrain to start over in (with hard to find stuff packed with me, of course).

I wouldn't call it much of a ten-minute wonder, because it always seems to suck you back in after a few days. Exploring makes it fun.
Stimey
­
+786|6121|Ontario | Canada
I quit it cause its too addicting and i have exams soon
­
­
­
­
­
­
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Stimey wrote:

I quit it cause its too addicting and i have exams soon
sssssssssss
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6000|The Mitten
Yea... Default glass.....
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/31499/2010-11-30_02.43.38.png
But it looks good from here
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/31499/2010-11-30_02.44.19.png
I haven't added doors yet, but there you go.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/31499/2010-11-30_02.45.11.png
This is just a small part of my home in this world.
EE (hats
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

I like the default glass.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6000|The Mitten

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I like the default glass.
It's not that it's terrible, but it just gets in the way sometimes.
EE (hats
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

If this game could make use of different levels of transparency, it would actually be pretty cool.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6000|The Mitten
Yea. I'm thinking about modding it so there's only a white mark in the corner...
EE (hats
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6000|The Mitten
There... that look a little better?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/31499/2010-11-30_04.54.13.png
EE (hats
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

It does, actually. Incoming pics of my own in a sec...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

World 2 (Hard Mode). Cross between simple, utilitarian stuff and deco. From first to last:

• Bedroom chamber, sans wood and bed. Located away from the seemingly inescapable cow, water and zombie noises. Will install fishless fishtank with lava lighting (not visible lava; just the bright light) and a fireplace in the center.
  • First static workshop of the world. Four double-boxes, a quad oven and a work table. Two exits on this floor plus a staircase underneath leading to the bedroom above, the zombie trap, farms and experimental redstone chambers and both buildings in the next image.
  • Outside the above workshop.
  • Off to the east a bit, a spawn point shelter.
  • Mineshaft Alpha, a view of the portals from the outside (looks cooler and brighter at night).
  • M-Alpha, from above.
  • Every five blocks down are exploratory shafts, or the starts of them, in four cardinal directions.
  • At the very bedrock-spattered bottom of M-Alpha, a fishbowl to jump into. Saves time, and I haven't died on it yet. For some reason, the ladders slow me down before I even hit the water.
  • M-Alpha, from below. Unfinished glass railings towards the bottom.
  • Upper left: there's hundreds of obsidian blocks from when I was flushing monsters out of a giant chamber. This system is huge and wraps around almost every level and direction from the center of the shaft. Lower right: lots of redstone to be had by bedrock if you don't mind the occasional uncovered lava block to have to fill in a hurry. Keeps things exciting.
  • An offshoot of the tunnel between the primary workshop and the building on the right in the third picture, I finally discovered the source of the constant zombie noises. A spawner, which I turned into a drowning trap instant feathers. Took me awhile figure out how to set water currents to bring them all to one block.
  • The cave systems are so extensive that I surfaced on a completely different island. The place has coal in roughly 20x20 block sections.
e: Currently looking for a mostly bedrock enclosure to put a vault. I'm pretty sure I won't find one, but in the meantime I'm discovering tons of gold, redstone and diamond.
e2: The game pretty much comes down to how long you can play in a sandbox. Me? Apparently longer than in a linear game. Unfortunately, the game is far too easy even on hard mode, once you're supplied. Don't fall into any pits or lava, watch out for anything over one skeleton and keep yourself in at least steel armor and you're fine. I don't think you need to take more damage from anything at this point.

WISHLIST
The realistic and the silly, in no particular order:
  • Sound muffling available vs non-hostile mobs.
  • Secure your portals! Sometimes a ghast or aggro zombie pigmen may get through.
  • Hardcore mode (optional): Death is permanent.
  • Birds. May be non-interactive. Also, occasional insect noises.
  • Better pathing and tracking algorithms for mobs, also heightened aggression in the lower levels.
  • 'Rare' airborne mobs to counter the effectiveness of 'building up' into towers and castle walls.
  • Water mobs (surface skimmers (rare), neutral fish, sharks, water 'floor' eels.
  • Seasonal mob appearances.
  • Rare predatory trees added along with varied tree types. May attack mobs if planted creatively.
  • Reduced knockback vs zombies to increase threat level.
  • Immunity to drowning for skeletons. Also, skeletons sink, not swim, but are unable to fire arrows underwater. Balance this out with the possibility of sword-wielding skeletons.
  • Timer-based wall-climbing (or occasional two-block high jumps) and weak poison for spiders. Weak physical attack and strong poison for small spiders (chicken-sized). 'Large' spiders may fit through any 1x2 hole, even if they have to turn sideways to fit through a doorway.
  • Small spiders drop 'poison extract' which could be applied to arrows and projectile traps. Harmless vs undead. Opens up utility for 'alchemy' in cures.
  • Enmity between live mobs and undead mobs, with live mobs never initiating conflict vs undead. Creepers excluded from formula.
  • Creeper size variable, with associated explosion radius. 'Chameleon' spawn colors (white in the snow, gray underground, green on the grass, yellow on the sand, etc).
  • Some sort of magma dweller. Perhaps a lizard or beetle that attacks only when robbed of its element.
  • Event director: Similar to L4D, in case things start getting too easy or predictable. A mob of spiders pouring out of a cave, for instance, would probably send me into a panic. Not just mobs, but perhaps magma surges?
  • Digging mobs: a new hazard, low damage, but able to fit through 1x1 block holes or make its own (spawning only in the deep underground).
  • Door strengths associated with event directors. More likely to try and break through wood than steel if aggravated. melee only.
  • Allied units, such as hunting dogs. Release the hounds! Horses would actually be useful if the terrain wasn't so scattered by water. Speaking of which...
  • Decreased landscape fragmentation: Minecraft currently consists primarily of small islands not too far apart. It would be nice to have significant expanses of land and actual seas that take awhile to cross.
  • 'Boat' box. Tie one boat to another and put a chest in one boat. As a penalty, pilot boat must use oars or a sail.
  • Small boat penalty for expansive waters. Ability to combine two boats into a larger boat and add a sail (mentioned elsewhere in this list) to counter for this fact. Overturning risk; Pontoons for rough water textures.
  • Some way to spread mushrooms and flowers.
  • Wheat will spread on its own over time.
  • More natural hazards: Event-triggered cave ins, pockets of gas in new areas (miner's canary?) and, also mentioned elsewhere, magma surges or 'eruptions' through open pockets of landscape on the surface.
  • Expanded trap systems: gas traps, true trap doors (without having to use dynamite), arrow traps, etc.
  • Stackable tools: ...to at least 3. Shovels burn out way too quickly, and I'm tired of having to run back to the workshop all the time or break out a temporary bench to build more. If we have to make weak (wood/stone) tools at the beginning, at least let us pack more. May exclude steel/diamond.
  • 'Ironwood' and different wood types modding durability to whatever tool is made with it.
  • Obsidian tools: These should be a pain in the butt to make. If diamond gets ~1000 uses, obsidian should get ~4000.
  • Furnace heat level requirements for furnace crafting.
  • A new, efficient 'forge' crafting tool for metals made using smoothstone rather than cobblestone.
  • Cannons, capable of shooting both explosive and non-explosive shot. May be 'manned' and turned 30 degrees in any direction. Used primarily for defending vs events, and may be attached to traps. Gunpowder and/or redstone triggered, explosive shot created in packs of four using four steel blocks surrounding TNT. Must reload after each shot, and the cannon itself has endurance.
  • Bows given endurance. Broke your regular wood bow? Try ironwood!
  • Adamant material: I dunno, combine diamond and obsidian in a really slow furnace process involving pails of magma and a forge. Diamond core, obsidian box. Creates small blocks that may be combined in increments of 9 to get building blocks, breakable only with adamant tools (and 2x longer than breaking obsidian with diamond) May use to create doors.
  • Usable books: I'd like to actually write a paragraph down on something and chain it to a wall near a sign in case I need to refresh my memory about the specifics of a corridor, or whatever.
  • Rubber material.
  • Double-workbench. Like double boxes, only turning your space from 3x3 to 4x4 or something else for more complex recipes.
  • On-site tool construction: with place block-parts built with the forge and double-workbench outside to construct various fueled or electric earth movers and drills.
  • Expanded redstone utility. So many computers are built with these things that we might as well have integrated circuits. Give us AND/OR/etc. gates and let us combine these into more powerful one-block units! This may be combined with glass vials for tubes if 'steampunk' must be preserved.
  • Lighthouse mechanism: long-range light visible through any fog.
  • Oil deposits: liquid material used for recipes, as furnace fuel, for fire traps (static pool fire wall or burning oil trap) and to increase duration of torches when the guttering out bit gets implemented.
  • Vial: single glass block makes 3 glass vials. Used for crafting and whatever expanded chemistry and alchemy may be implemented.
  • Lighter: glass vial + flint & steel + oil + steel block or something like that.
  • Water-sealed light.
  • Fire arrows: arrow + cloth/oil. Usable when lighter is in inventory. Dynamic light when fired, strong vs undead, will burn on the wall briefly like a torch. Will ignite doused torches.
  • Food troughs: I'd like something that could attract all the loud animals away from my surface home without employing scorched earth on all the nearby grass. Could be expanded to attract different kinds of animals or even 'roving' animal spawns. Get all those loud-ass cows to spawn in an enclosed pasture! Adjacent 'barns' to attract them inside at night. Aggressive mobs may not spawn inside fenced borders.
  • Inverted 6-block staircase (to smooth the appearance of sloped ceilings and smoothstone staircase.
  • Smooth angled surfaces. The game can handle it with fluids, so why not solids? This could be done simply by 'cooking' a 6-block stone staircase. True pyramids could be built!
  • Improved boat utility: fix glitchy boat exiting, add mooring mechanism (with rope or string), allow steel boats. Allow a sail to be attached to wooden boats for long range trips.
  • Teleporters: we have portals to hell, so why not something a bit simpler? Give them an associated risk, such as damage or appearing in the wrong (but nearby) spot. Whoops, you're underground!
  • True-north compass: I'm so used to looking at the sun to get my bearings that it's hard for me to consider the spawning location 'magnetic north.' Of course, that kind of compass should still be available. How about wood and redstone?
  • Conveyor belts: rubber and steel. Link one of these to a storage box to automatically fill it. Just throw your redstone on the thing, pull the lever and watch it go. May also be used as an 'escalator.'

That's it for now, I guess.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6000|The Mitten
Nice.
That's a pretty large wishlist too
I'll have to go through and screenshot/catalog my house in this world at some point - it started as a cave-turned shelter, then expanded as I kept digging.
EE (hats
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black
I lost my world when my hard-drive died.

Both my main hdd and my older install (which had an older version of the same world) went at the same time. Not played since.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Yeah, it's a pretty big wishlist, but I mean most every bit of it. Doesn't mean I'll see it, though. Stability is more important than feature creep.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6000|The Mitten
Yea, stability > features. To a point....
The only thing I wonder, especially with small indie games like this, is when the 'wanted features' outgrows the abilities of the game engine, and would require a total re-write of the code...
I've noticed, from looking on the forum, that even something like Glass would require a bit of code work to really change - especially with something like dynamic frames (i.e. more than one block blend together)
EE (hats
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

I'm mostly interested in things like improved ai, pathing, variable aggression per depth, more types of mobs, friendly mobs and buffs for existing mobs. With, of course, more crafting recipes, more materials, more utility items, more redstone tech and more kinds of farming. Attack and environment events (magma blocks appearing dynamically, more things like sand-style cave-ins, etc.) would preclude a feeling of complete safety more than just causing torches to gutter out.

I tried to keep my list large, but mostly filled with bits I'm guessing the engine could tolerate. Things like integrated block machinery and large vehicles would really have to wait. Can't wait to see this thing once it's through with alpha/beta.
im a fan of deadmau5 on facebook, i noticed he just started his own minecraft server. it's that awesome. you can oin with him if you want i think read his page.  .. just sayin

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard