Hunter/Jumper
+117|6347
I used to wake up in Manhattan about 9 am,make a phone call and sleep to 10:30 am, leave at 11 am and be back home at 1 or 2pm.
Now I usually have to get up at 4:30am or so to travel to NYC, luckily I do it less than 4 times a week ( 2 to 3 usually )

15min car - 1 hour 30 Min's train - 30 Min's subway and / or walking.

The truth is I wish I had moved here years ago. Today I will head in late so it will be about 2 hours on a train packed with Rubes.
Heading to the United Nations today, I hate working there. I wish uziqes Friends would smack it. I will try and get some pictures,  It usually produces some good if dumb stories.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-09-20 06:17:53)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
lol you work for the UN? pretty ironic
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6347

Cybargs wrote:

define irony if you can and explain how Working there ( not for *) would be so.

*about 4 sentences, yet you had some trouble didn't you.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6557|Area 51
For school: 10-15 minutes walking. 35 minutes train. Another 10 minutes walking

For work: 15 minutes of cycling
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

define irony if you can and explain how Working there ( not for *) would be so.

*about 4 sentences, yet you had some trouble didn't you.
I assume he means because you seem to be the antithesis of everything the UN is about.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina
10 to 15 minutes of highway.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
https://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj256/Dilbert_X/Mildura002.jpg

https://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj256/Dilbert_X/Mildura001.jpg
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
25 minutes each way 4 days a week
Tu Stultus Es
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6278|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
When I was still in school it was 100km in each direction... Took alot of red-bull to avoid sleeping at the wheel...

Now it's about 2 metres to my desk from my bed
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England
Took me an hour to drive five miles today.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6673|Disaster Free Zone
3 minute walk to bus stop, 40-60 minute bus trip depending on traffic. 15-25 minute walk (depending on how late I am).
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5991|Vortex Ring State

JohnG@lt wrote:

gridlock, eh?

good thing you didn't have to wait until rush hour was over...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Trotskygrad wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

gridlock, eh?

https://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb139/winterkiss42/traffic.jpg

Red circle on the left is where the accident was. It backed up traffic to the right side of the map and probably beyond. The green line is the route I took to drop off my gf at work. It took five minutes to get to her office and an hour for me to return home.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Trotskygrad
бля

JohnG@lt wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

gridlock, eh?

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb13 … raffic.jpg

Red circle on the left is where the accident was. It backed up traffic to the right side of the map and probably beyond. The green line is the route I took to drop off my gf at work. It took five minutes to get to her office and an hour for me to return home.
how many lanes was that highway and how many did that semi cover?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Trotskygrad wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

gridlock, eh?

It's four lanes in either direction. It's the Long Island Expressway, the main artery for the entire island. When it backs up like that a million people are late to their jobs in NYC. It's why I get so irate when people don't maintain their cars and/or don't pay attention while driving. Breaking down on the highway should be cause for a prison sentence.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-09-20 08:40:27)

-Frederick Bastiat
Trotskygrad
бля

JohnG@lt wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

It's four lanes in either direction. It's the Long Island Expressway, the main artery for the entire island. When it backs up like that a million people are late to their jobs in NYC. It's why I get so irate when people don't maintain their cars and/or don't pay attention while driving. Breaking down on the highway should be cause for a prison sentence.
accidents will happen either way, only true solution is to create more capacity.
13rin
+977|6471
ee thb.

3 miles in, 5 back.  10 minutes in the morning, 20 minutes returning (Son pickup).  If no on is on the road and I hit greens 5 minutes in, 10 back.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2010-09-20 08:46:49)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Trotskygrad wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

accidents will happen either way, only true solution is to create more capacity.
There is no room. The highway system around here is FUBAR. Highway mergers should be seamless but every one of them backs up traffic for miles around here. Piling four lanes into one and having it merge without a protected lane is so stupid it's not even funny. Yet it's the norm. As much as I hated Texas, at least they got their interchanges right.
-Frederick Bastiat
13/f/taiwan
+940|5691
belt/bqe is the worse tbh. almost always traffic on any given day/time of the week.
Trotskygrad
бля

JohnG@lt wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

There is no room. The highway system around here is FUBAR. Highway mergers should be seamless but every one of them backs up traffic for miles around here. Piling four lanes into one and having it merge without a protected lane is so stupid it's not even funny. Yet it's the norm. As much as I hated Texas, at least they got their interchanges right.
raze more houses.

Watch the rage

lol @ the people who are calling it unconstitutional despite amendments
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Trotskygrad wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

raze more houses.

Watch the rage

lol @ the people who are calling it unconstitutional despite amendments
Eminent domain is the most ghastly practice imaginable.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Besides, it's not houses, it's existing bridges, parks, service roads, noise walls etc.
-Frederick Bastiat
Christbane
+51|6227
my .3 mile commute to work is enough to drive anyone insane!  takes 5 minutes if the one light is red.
TravisC555
+118|6211|Cox Convention Center, OK
Took about 20-30 mins (15 miles) going the "back country" way when I was in college. I also avoided rush hour in the morning on the interstate, which was nice.

Last edited by TravisC555 (2010-09-20 09:37:24)

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6278|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Christbane wrote:

my .3 mile commute to work is enough to drive anyone insane!  takes 5 minutes if the one light is red.
Awwww poor you.. 5 minutes, your life is hell surely? Q.Q

srsly, the only bad thing about beeing 5minutes from work is the risk of getting called in for extra hours...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard