mikkel
+383|6603

JohnG@lt wrote:

Let's just round everything to the nearest dollar. Or better yet, let's get rid of the $1 bill and just move on to the $5 bill.
Are you just here to make pointless noise?
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6579|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

JohnG@lt wrote:

Let's just round everything to the nearest dollar. Or better yet, let's get rid of the $1 bill and just move on to the $5 bill.
Buying a bubble gum 5$ a piece?
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6744|London

Or better yet, get rid of all cash and use only electronic payment
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England

Roger Lesboules wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Buying a bubble gum 5$ a piece?
Fuck yeah!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

mikkel wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I just think you're a moron who jumps on the bandwagon of whatever is the popular idea of the day without giving it any thought. Ooooh, several other countries have gotten rid of the penny, we should too! Nevermind that it will cause price fluctuations up the wazoo for no real gain.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-09-18 17:11:43)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
BVC
+325|6697
This thread inspired me to dig out my old coin collection.  I just discovered a US half dollar, and didn't even realise such a denomination existed, its from 1964 and has Kennedy on the back.  Here is my entire US currency reserve:
https://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8228/usmoney.jpg

Thats $1.87, high roller style.

The only real difference between dollar coins and notes is that you can end up with a shocking amount of shrapnel in your wallet if you're not careful, $40 worth of coins after a night at the pub isn't uncommon.

Last edited by Pubic (2010-09-18 17:16:25)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Pubic wrote:

This thread inspired me to dig out my old coin collection.  I just discovered a US half dollar, and didn't even realise such a denomination existed, its from 1964 and has Kennedy on the back.  Here is my entire US currency reserve:
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8228/usmoney.jpg

Thats $1.87, high roller style.
Baller!
-Frederick Bastiat
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

Dauntless wrote:

Would be the best actually! Think about it, no more coke/disease ridden bills/coins.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5239|Cleveland, Ohio
pennies are useless
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

Would be the best actually! Think about it, no more coke/disease ridden bills/coins.
Sure. Would be easier to devalue it and/or steal it. Sounds groovy. Wave of the future.
-Frederick Bastiat
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

11 Bravo wrote:

pennies are useless
Only old people pay with em actually.

I for myself keep em, roll em and bring em back to the bank every now and then, not really worth it you might say but at least i dont trow money away like everyone does with those pennies.
11 Bravo
Banned
i toss them in that thing at the grocery store
mikkel
+383|6603

JohnG@lt wrote:

mikkel wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I just think you're a moron who jumps on the bandwagon of whatever is the popular idea of the day without giving it any thought. Ooooh, several other countries have gotten rid of the penny, we should too! Nevermind that it will cause price fluctuations up the wazoo for no real gain.
You also thought I was a "liberal," whatever that entails in your world. On the other hand, your knee-jerk reaction is to first author a couple of posts of insults with no legitimate substance to them, and then talk dramatically about "price fluctuations" that empirical evidence and actual research suggests would have no appreciable impact on the economy. Of course, you would have known that if you had looked into the matter before bestowing the rest of the forum with your opinion, but I guess it's easier to accuse others of lacking substance.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

$1 bill should have a picture of U.S. military men killing Indians.
$5 bill should have should have a picture of Slaves building the white house.
$10 bill should have a picture of Japanese-Americans being forced into interment camps.
$20 bill should have a picture of the U.S. burning children with napalm in Vietnam.
$50 bill should have a picture of Saddam using American weapons to kill Kurds.
$100 bill should have a picture of U.N. forces retreating out of Rwanda during a genocide.

Maybe once people realize how much blood covers all of their money, they'll begin to think about something other than their own worthless existence consuming the meaningless crap of MTV and "gangsta rap'' while trying to 'live in the moment' and 'live the life'

And yes, I'm being serious.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Also the money in the OP is pretty ugly.
11 Bravo
Banned

Macbeth wrote:

$10 bill should have a picture of Japanese-Americans being forced into interment camps.
$20 bill should have a picture of the U.S. burning children with napalm in Vietnam.
$100 bill should have a picture of U.N. forces retreating out of Rwanda during a genocide.

Maybe once people realize how much blood covers all of their money, they'll begin to think about something other than their own worthless existence consuming the meaningless crap of MTV and "gangsta rap'' while trying to 'live in the moment' and 'live the life'

or maybe a pic of macbeth using items purchased with said blood money to demonstrate how stupid one can be
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Man, you sure do carry around a lot of guilt for things you had nothing to do with. To each their own.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

11 Bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

or maybe a pic of macbeth using items purchased with said blood money to demonstrate how stupid one can be
And on the reverse side a picture of usmarine missing the point.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Have you been watching George Clooney movies again? tsk.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

Macbeth wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

i got your point.  you missed mine.
Reciprocity
+721|6583|the dank(super) side of Oregon
money is so conformist.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Reciprocity wrote:

money is so conformist.
Yawn.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

JohnG@lt wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Man, you sure do carry around a lot of guilt for things you had nothing to do with. To each their own.
I don't have any guilt for any of those things. I don't have any guilt for my own actions most times...

I don't really have a problem with the whole 'everything is covered in blood', I'm just using this as an opportunity to voice my dislike of current American culture. That's all.
11 Bravo
Banned

Macbeth wrote:

I'm just using this as an opportunity to voice my dislike of current American culture. That's all.
you mean like trueblood and that other stupid shit?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I don't have any guilt for any of those things. I don't have any guilt for my own actions most times...

I don't really have a problem with the whole 'everything is covered in blood', I'm just using this as an opportunity to voice my dislike of current American culture. That's all.
American culture now is not all that different from American culture in the past. Substitute MTV and gangsta rap for Howdie Doodie and greaser music.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard