Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Why on earth would a $1 coin be more convenient?
i hate wallets.  wont need a wallet.  plus 1's are as usueless as pennies
What do you carry? A clutch? Fag.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5239|Cleveland, Ohio

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

whats a clutch?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

whats a clutch?
https://blog.tradetang.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/clutch-purse.jpg
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5239|Cleveland, Ohio
no i have like one of those half wallets with a clip.  still hate it tbh.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6579|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

JohnG@lt wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Awful looking new money. Current US money is way better, and still i like it better when it was all green. I must admit that sometimes you gotta make some change but still.

And you guys really don't like the 1$ coin?
It's the same size as a quarter so it's not exactly quick to sort through in your pocket. Currently I can reach into my pocket, feel around for the coin I need and hand it over. When I have a gold dollar in there it throws things off.
Oh, if the size is the same as a quarter its shit then. Our 1$ coin are bigger so can you know when you reach for it in the bottom of the pocket that you have one, we got a 2$ coin also.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Roger Lesboules wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Awful looking new money. Current US money is way better, and still i like it better when it was all green. I must admit that sometimes you gotta make some change but still.

And you guys really don't like the 1$ coin?
It's the same size as a quarter so it's not exactly quick to sort through in your pocket. Currently I can reach into my pocket, feel around for the coin I need and hand it over. When I have a gold dollar in there it throws things off.
Oh, if the size is the same as a quarter its shit then. Our 1$ coin are bigger so can you know when you reach for it in the bottom of the pocket that you have one, we got a 2$ coin also.
https://elementaryteacher.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/american-coins.jpg
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

JohnG@lt wrote:

https://elementaryteacher.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/american-coins.jpg
When I was a little kid and learning about US coins, I thought they were retarded. It doesn't make sense that .25>.05>.01>.10. WTF kind of order is that? Dimes are retarded and always get lost in the bottom of your change jar.

e: and never mind that .50 had a larger diameter than 1.00. We didn't even cover those.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6744|London

just make it all electronic if you ask me

job's a good'un
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

When I was a little kid and learning about US coins, I thought they were retarded. It doesn't make sense that .25>.05>.01>.10. WTF kind of order is that? Dimes are retarded and always get lost in the bottom of your change jar.
Well, I think it's because they were originally made out of silver. Silver > Nickel > Copper
-Frederick Bastiat
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

JohnG@lt wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

http://elementaryteacher.files.wordpres … -coins.jpg
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sFkbzA7XWiU/SwyPRa30mNI/AAAAAAAAABc/ZmXmxBiVrgM/s1600/canadian-money-coins.jpg

Ive actually never seen the 50 cent coin....da fuck!
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6744|London

that looks like a badly made counterfeit version of our money
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6150|'straya
That is retarded. This makes more sense to me

https://www.aussie-info.com/tourist/coins.jpg
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

Dauntless wrote:

that looks like a badly made counterfeit version of our money
I would not say counterfeit, but i would say that someone somewhere had a lack of imagination.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

JohnG@lt wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Well, I think it's because they were originally made out of silver. Silver > Nickel > Copper
They had ample opportunity to change them when they substituted the materials for cheaper melt values.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

They had ample opportunity to change them when they substituted the materials for cheaper melt values.
And so we go, on with our lives
We know the truth, but prefer lies
Lies are simple, simple is bliss
Why go against tradition when we can
Admit defeat, live in decline
Be the victim of our own design
The status quo, built on suspect
Why would anyone stick out their neck?

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-09-18 16:55:09)

-Frederick Bastiat
mikkel
+383|6603

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

We try dollar coins ever few years.

They never catch on.
probably because you don't make enough of them and let the bills stay in circulation
In most other countries in the Western world, where coins are actually relevant, the concept of having a bank note worth any less than $5 is absurd. Denominations as low as $1 change hands so often that issuing them as notes rather than coins makes little sense, unless of course the currency in question would feature no other coins of significant denomination, leaving it the odd one out.

Circulating denominations of 5c, 10c, 25c, 50c, $1 and $2 in coin form makes good sense. Abolishing the penny, and possibly the nickel as well is something that is long overdue.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Abolishing the penny and nickel would make no sense, since change is doled out in 1/100 dollars. What would make more sense is if they didn't drop a handful of the little turds into your grasp before you have a chance to put your damned wallet and receipt away.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Abolishing the penny and nickel would make no sense, since change is doled out in 1/100 dollars.
Shhh.... he's a liberal, he likes superinflation.
-Frederick Bastiat
mikkel
+383|6603

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Abolishing the penny and nickel would make no sense, since change is doled out in 1/100 dollars.
It would make perfect sense. All you have to do is round to the nearest 5c or 10c if cash is tendered.

Last edited by mikkel (2010-09-18 17:00:17)

Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6744|London

i was at a place today where a coke cost £1.07

wtf cunts
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

mikkel wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

It would make perfect sense. All you have to do is round to the nearest 5c or 10c.
Instant 5-10% inflation. I'm down!
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

mikkel wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

It would make perfect sense. All you have to do is round to the nearest 5c or 10c.
We're not quite as imprecise as that. I mostly just dump them into donation trays anyway.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
Still, the penny should be abolished even if it make no sense just for the fact that it cost more to produce than its worth, and everybody toss the fucker everywhere because they don't want it.
mikkel
+383|6603

JohnG@lt wrote:

mikkel wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Instant 5-10% inflation. I'm down!
5-10% inflation? What kind of insane math is that?

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

We're not quite as imprecise as that. I mostly just dump them into donation trays anyway.
It has nothing to do with any lack of precision. It has to do with practicality. Absurdly low denomination coins have been eliminated from several prominent currencies with nothing but good results.

Last edited by mikkel (2010-09-18 17:05:54)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Let's just round everything to the nearest dollar. Or better yet, let's get rid of the $1 bill and just move on to the $5 bill.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard