unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

WTF is this Monopoly money shit?

Huffington Post wrote:

source - http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/721294
– Fri Sep 17, 5:24 pm ET

The American dollar is in bad need of a makeover. Thanks to the Dollar ReDe$ign Project, we may now have some options. [...]
Like...

https://i.huffpost.com/gen/201963/DOLLAR.jpg

Wat...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England
I would emigrate elsewhere if that became our currency.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

waste of money really, more pressing things to be attending to
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5208|Cleveland, Ohio
i like it
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

blind people get fucked again . . .
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
Obama needs to be on more currency.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

burnzz wrote:

Nowai, the colors would create many more blind people so they wouldn't feel so left out.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I think the relative length/value is an interesting idea, but the visual overhaul (too bright...) and design choices (Obama? a tipi?!) make the particular one I img'd look...monstrous.

JohnG@lt wrote:

burnzz wrote:

Nowai, the colors would create many more blind people so they wouldn't feel so left out.
This.

Plus, all the vending machine and ATM guys would be soooo fucked.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
FDR on any currency is valid since he did more to destroy the value of the dollar than anyone else.
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

As long as we're adding Obama, we need a Nixon farewell dollar and a George W. 'mission accomplished' dollar. Add to that the Star Wars program, Bush Sr.'s 'no new taxes,' and Bubba's meaning of 'is.'

JohnG@lt wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

We need a Nixon farewell dollar and a George W. 'mission accomplished' dollar.
http://experienceyork.apps01.yorku.ca/w … mbs-up.jpg
Add only if Kazakhstan becomes a US territory.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

https://experienceyork.apps01.yorku.ca/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/two-thumbs-up.jpg
-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

and a Palin "i can see russia from my house!" bill too!

speaking of bill, we need a bill with bill on it - a bill with bill that's sticky . . .
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
My barber is from Kazakhstan. He doesn't like Borat.
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

burnzz wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

and a Palin "i can see russia from my house!" bill too!
I can just picture the image...Palin slightly from behind on a plateau ridge, striking a proud pose in hiking gear with one hand on her hip and the other jamming giant monocular into her eye. You could have a really faint hammer & sickle in the background.

speaking of bill, we need a bill with bill on it - a bill with bill that's sticky . . .
Something that you could throw at the ceiling and have stick.
BVC
+325|6666
Just curious, in the US has there ever been much talk of dropping the dollar bill in favour of a dollar coin?
11 Bravo
Banned

Pubic wrote:

Just curious, in the US has there ever been much talk of dropping the dollar bill in favour of a dollar coin?
i wish
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

Pubic wrote:

We try dollar coins ever few years.

They never catch on.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Pubic wrote:

https://listentoleon.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/gold-dollar-coin-reverse.png
We have one in concurrent circulation.
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Pubic wrote:

Dropping? Not that I've heard. Nobody likes change. It's heavy, stretches your wallet out of proportion and cashiers always drop it on to the same hand you use to take your receipt.

e: The coin we do have is more of a novelty than anything else. You can buy shit with it, but it won't make you any friends.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6713|London

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Pubic wrote:

They never catch on.
probably because you don't make enough of them and let the bills stay in circulation
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dauntless wrote:

Pubic wrote:

They never catch on.
probably because you don't make enough of them and let the bills stay in circulation
Why on earth would a $1 coin be more convenient?
-Frederick Bastiat
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6548|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Awful looking new money. Current US money is way better, and still i like it better when it was all green. I must admit that sometimes you gotta make some change but still.

And you guys really don't like the 1$ coin?
11 Bravo
Banned

JohnG@lt wrote:

i hate wallets.  wont need a wallet.  plus 1's are as usueless as pennies
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Awful looking new money. Current US money is way better, and still i like it better when it was all green. I must admit that sometimes you gotta make some change but still.

And you guys really don't like the 1$ coin?
It's the same size as a quarter so it's not exactly quick to sort through in your pocket. Currently I can reach into my pocket, feel around for the coin I need and hand it over. When I have a gold dollar in there it throws things off.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6713|London

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

They never catch on.
i find cash in general to be inconvenient but if i had £1 notes knocking around with the higher value notes i think it would annoy me

but i'd prefer if everywhere and everyone just used cards, it would probably cut crime a lot too
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard