Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5354|London, England
Sarah Palin  may be edging closer to a 2012 presidential run, telling Fox News "I would give it a shot" if the American people think she's "the one."

The former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee was in Des Moines, Iowa, Friday for the Reagan Dinner, a big GOP fundraiser in the heart of water-testing country for presidential candidates. 

Palin has remained coy about her ambitions, but she elaborated a bit in an interview with Fox News, attaching several conditions to the possibility of a 2012 presidential run.

"If the American people were to be ready for someone who is willing to shake it up, and willing to get back to time-tested truths, and help lead our country towards a more prosperous and safe future and if they happen to think I was the one, if it were best for my family and for our country, of course I would give it a shot," she said.

"But I'm not saying that it's me. I know I can certainly make a difference without having a title. I'm having a good time doing exactly that right now."

Palin, a Fox News contributor and best-selling author since leaving the governor's mansion last year, has become one of the Tea Party movement's biggest allies. She's also thrown her clout around in the GOP primary season with a string of endorsements.

She said in February that she'd be "willing" to take on President Obama in two years, and White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Friday he suspects she's testing the water.

But while her star power can dominate the airwaves and shake up congressional elections, she's done little to organize a Republican ground game compared to other GOP hopefuls already stumping in the key lead-off states of Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina.

Iowa hosts the first-in-the-nation presidential caucuses, and several other talked-about 2012 prospects have already visited or made plans to do so.

"We've seen Tim Pawlenty here a fair amount of times, we've seen former Speaker Newt Gingrich here a number of times," said Matthew Strawn, chairman of the Iowa Republican Party. "Mitt Romney has returned to the state, Mike Huckabee was here during the primary."

At least 10 Republicans appear to be jockeying for 2012.

Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour, who chairs the Republican Governors Association, came to Iowa in August. Indiana Rep. Mike Pence, a member of the GOP House leadership, is doing the rounds, as is former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum. Lately the buzz is about Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels, a former Bush budget director with major connections and growing popularity.

Social conservatives have loved Palin from the moment she hit the national stage two years ago, when John McCain named her to be his running mate. Her Tea Party emphasis on constitutional and fiscal conservatism broadens her GOP appeal, but polls show her favorable ratings have been dropping.

"Iowans just need to know that there's real substance there. She needs to prove that," said Ed Failor, president of Iowans for Tax Relief.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09 … shed-shot/

First thought was 'Duh'. Second thought was 'God I wish my state had open primaries so I could vote against her'.

May be a good thing though. If anything will ever split the Republican Party it would be her attaining the candidacy.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6692|NJ
Does anyone even really back this woman? Seriously I don't' think I know a single person, she seems to be a media made up politician like "Joe the Plumber" was made up.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Does anyone even really back this woman? Seriously I don't' think I know a single person, she seems to be a media made up politician like "Joe the Plumber" was made up.
Yes. Outside of New Jersey she appears to be popular
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6655|The darkside of Denver

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I've wondered this myself.  The GOP would be shooting themselves in the foot if they took her candidacy in 2012 seriously, i dint think it will make it very far.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5581

I would vote for Obama.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6149|what

I don't understand the Republican mentality right now. They lose against Obama, so the plan is to move further to the right?

That's just going to gift the Democrats the middle ground vote a second time.

I suppose overall the idea must be to compete with the "rockstar" nonsense in that since voting isn't compulsory whoever makes the loudest noise attracts the most voters.

But while her star power can dominate the airwaves and shake up congressional elections
The tea-party is making the most noise at the moment, as in Palin.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

I would vote for Obama.
I would vote for Ron Paul, even if I had to write him in
-Frederick Bastiat
cpt.fass1
+329|6692|NJ

JohnG@lt wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Yes. Outside of New Jersey she appears to be popular
Reasons why I don't leave New Jersey, well that and no matter how we try to get out we have to pay.

But that's like voting for the head cheerleader in High School cause she was giving out hand jobs. Lets face it, the president really is a figure head and all around she sucks as a figure head. She's doesn't practice what she preaches, fuck america is just getting dumber. I want to get rid of all crossing gaurds and hope that only the smart kids survive.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

take the warning labels off everything.

Last edited by burnzz (2010-09-17 16:53:13)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX
Thats good news for Obama.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6655|The darkside of Denver

JohnG@lt wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I would vote for Obama.
I would vote for Ron Paul, even if I had to write him in
My nigga.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6401|North Carolina
She won't win the GOP primary.  They aren't THAT stupid.
cpt.fass1
+329|6692|NJ
Well the only way she'd win the GOP primary is if they want her to win. The Reps threw away any chance of winning the last election for more power in the future, the Dems got handed shit and now they Reps are going to ride it to the top for a long time. I don't think they're even going to try to win the next election though, so I'm pretty sure they're going to run her.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

Turquoise wrote:

no, but it will be divisive.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6401|North Carolina

burnzz wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

no, but it will be divisive.
true...
Reciprocity
+721|6577|the dank(super) side of Oregon
The woman is a moron. 

I hope she runs.   

But seriously, go back and watch the interview with Couric.  She is a fucking dunce.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6544|San Diego, CA, USA

Macbeth wrote:

I would vote for Obama.
I would vote for Sarah Palin.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

Harmor wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I would vote for Obama.
why? she won't blow you . . .
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6149|what

burnzz wrote:

Harmor wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I would vote for Obama.
why? she won't blow you . . .
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

NO.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6544|San Diego, CA, USA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

NO.
Just donated $85 to http://www.sarahpac.com/
eleven bravo
+1,399|5255|foggy bottom

Harmor wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

NO.
I just matched that to Organizing For America

Last edited by eleven bravo (2010-09-17 21:35:49)

Tu Stultus Es
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

Harmor wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

NO.
Okie-dokie, now.
Reciprocity
+721|6577|the dank(super) side of Oregon
you betcha
krazed