Rutnab
+15|6639
I was just playing on a Karkand and I noticed a guy shooting his MG36 from the standing position and also noticed every bullet coming out was approximately 100% accurate. I watched him do it till the gun overheated.. has anyone else seen this? I've only seen it a few times (the first few I didnt believe what I saw) but now I'm convinced there is a way to make a support gun 100% accurate. Does anyone know anything about it?
sparklet
Banned
+34|6740|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
yeh im the mg36 user ITS SUPER ACCURATE NOW its not an exploit you just stood there and watch him kill you thats all
Rutnab
+15|6639
no it was a teammate and every tracer shot went to the same exact spot
Metallica-66
+0|6641|USA
Hahahah! HILARIOUS!
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6736|St. Paul, MN
and the mg36 doesn't overheat. it can fire till it's empty
...or was that changed in the patch?
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

So? They made the support kit balanced? It was so bloody hard to get kills with it before...

PKM is overpowered though...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6677|Seattle
The mg36 could overheat befoer the patch, but it took like 2/3 of the mag.
Metallica-66
+0|6641|USA

Flecco wrote:

So? They made the support kit balanced? It was so bloody hard to get kills with it before...
About time too!

In BF2, previously, support weapons are like pistols, inaccurate, useless and worthless.

I wonder if people here have ever watched a real MG fire. Not the TV rubbish. Real sustained MG fire is fearsome. 600-800 metres.

MG fire destroys concrete blocks, reduces sandbags to pulp, burns tree trunks (if you shoot tracers). MG fire makes you shit your pants.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6822|Denver colorado
except that pistols are good... lol
kR4MR
3 Tours Of 'Nam And All I Got Was This Lousy Forum
+3|6729|Aus
MG36 was already accurate as all fuck, now more fun
Overheated about 26 rounds to go.
luckybaer
+10|6766| Going Feral

Metallica-66 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

About time too!

In BF2, previously, support weapons are like pistols, inaccurate, useless and worthless.

I wonder if people here have ever watched a real MG fire. Not the TV rubbish. Real sustained MG fire is fearsome. 600-800 metres.

MG fire destroys concrete blocks, reduces sandbags to pulp, burns tree trunks (if you shoot tracers). MG fire makes you shit your pants.
Yes, and that is why I never bitched if I had to lug around the extra ammo or the extra barrel for our M-60.  The Pig rocked!
Rutnab
+15|6639
this isn't about the MG36, its about an exploit for support weapons in general; while the MG36 is accurate in this patch its not 100% accurate as I have witnessed on one or two occasions, please try to stay on topic

Last edited by Rutnab (2006-02-14 21:15:26)

Metallica-66
+0|6641|USA
100%? Did you fire 100 rounds and count the hits? And did you test the distance? Did you test for the bullet drop for distance? No?

Did you fire in a long sustained burst?

Did you fire in a short burst?

Did you squeeze off one round?

If not, I suggest that you do more comprehensive testing before making such a claim.

Last edited by Metallica-66 (2006-02-14 21:21:00)

Rutnab
+15|6639
this is the scenario: us base on karkand, team mate is standing and firing toward a building. Every shot hit the same spot on the building (it wasnt terribley far away -- the first one with the half-fence on one side. He didnt burst or try to squeeze one round off he just sprayed until the gun stopped firing. I don't really know why you're asking such questions...

When I stand and spray with any support weapon I definitely dont get anywhere close to 100% accuracy...

Last edited by Rutnab (2006-02-14 21:21:41)

EcLiPsE#14
+0|6815
it's can't be an exploit if u don't have the proof...prove it before u blabber on such matters...get a video or something...the patch has improved support gun accuracy because before the 1.2 patch even at almost point blank range while standing the support guns were shockingly inaccurate...
Metallica-66
+0|6641|USA
Because weapons in this game have stats like this: (MG36)

Min Deviation 0.75
Deviation Standing / Crouching / Prone 2.0 / 1.5 / 0.8
Deviation Added per Shot 0.4(0.8)
Deviation Mod when Zoomed 0.8
Recoil 0.25 - 0.45
Recoil when Zoomed 0.50

Recoil/Deviation (based on your burst), stance (based on whether you stand, crouch, prone, etc) do matter.
Rutnab
+15|6639
I know all about how the firing accuracy mechanics work and I'm sorry I don't have a video -- that was kind of the point of this thread, to see if anyone had seen it and maybe had more conclusive evidence.
MrBrain
+24|6683|Finland
sweet jesus 8-0

ok, so they adjusted the support weapon. That seems to be more than adjusted, why is it this hard to get things right. Next patch the day before the day after tomorrow?
Rutnab
+15|6639
Post edited. Please do not post links that show how to exploit the game.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6728|200m out and smiling at you.
LOL

sustained MG fire u can fire while it's cooling.
mkramer1121
+0|6687
Yes, Support is a heck of a lot stronger now, I just got done playing 5 rounds averaging in the 80's when I averaged in the 40's before as a support.  I like it a lot.
OpsChief
+101|6668|Southern California

luckybaer wrote:

Metallica-66 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

About time too!

Yes, and that is why I never bitched if I had to lug around the extra ammo or the extra barrel for our M-60.  The Pig rocked!
Amen
Sniper
+0|6660
oh crap
stupid connectin got my post messed up
anyway

you guys really underestimate the 1.12 support class
it was already balanced
it was my most hated class, but I still had one of my highest k/d ratios with it and i hated the pkm
with that power, that many rounds, and armor.. its easy to kill alot of ppl b4 you die
the other kits, you kill 1-2, or maybe 3 guys and you have to reload (and get killed) or dont reload (and get killed)
Hyper
Banned
+154|6743
+b
Shadowblade
+0|6639
if everyone can do it then its not really an exploit

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard