Halcon
+0|6643
Normally, i have a ping of 70.

With the new patch 1.2, i have a ping of 150-200.

Any ideas about how to know where is the bug in the system?

When BF2 playing, no firewall enabled, no antivirus enabled, no MSN, no Internet Explorer...
Rakasan
+7|6833|California, USA
How do you know it's the patch?  Maybe it's a network issue.  Try pinging good servers...
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6701|Central Valley,California
Same problem man, even servers close to me.
MooseRyder
+37|6652|Montréal, Canada
lol see i thought it was working all fine and good since i dont have an ATI vid card. I dont have lag of high ping. When i load a server and finally get in. the game crashed to the desktop....THAT NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. it happen like 1 map on 3. its really annoying.

looks like A LOT!!!!!!!!!! of poeple got some serious issues with this new patch
lyccis
+0|6643
Well, I'd say you are all lucky. This is what happened when I tried to install the new patch: Error Code:    -5006 : 0x80070020. Then I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game only to find out that I can't install ANY patches anymore. The same error occurs every time. Now that's not even the worst part. I can't install the game itself succesfully anymore and can't play the damn thing at all before formatting the whole system. So to sum up, can't launch the game, can't reinstall the game, can't install even the previous patches, LOVING THIS.
AirborneCz
+0|6643
lyccis, try this:

First, run ‘Battlefield 2 Eraser 1.1’ to remove all Windows registry settings for the game. You can obtain the eraser from: ftp://ftp.ea-europe.com/UK_Support/Eras … er_v11.reg

You will be asked if you want to add the information, click Yes.

Next, delete the game folder:

1. Double-click on My Computer
2. Double-click on the hard drive your game is installed to (default is C:\)
3. Go to the folder where the game is installed to on your computer (default is C:\Program Files\EA Games)
4. Click once on the Battlefield 2 folder, now press delete on your keyboard and choose yes to delete (be sure to empty your recycle bin prior to reinstalling)
5. In My Documents you will find a Battlefield 2 folder, delete this.

Once the game has been completely removed from your PC, you will be free to reinstall the game, which I would like you to install in the following order:

Battlefield 2
Special Forces
Patch v1.12

hope that can help
AirborneCz
+0|6643
and as w ping i have same problem - actually when i tab for score table ping shows at 40 but i get "connection problem" every 10 sec and lag as hell

did you guys patched w official 1.2 patch from EA server or from some unofficial mirrors???
Chao2
+8|6712|UK(stats says usa by mistake)
Takes me about 5 minutes to log in on Special Forces and vanilla now, otherwise I appear to be fine.
lyccis
+0|6643

AirborneCz wrote:

lyccis, try this:

First, run ‘Battlefield 2 Eraser 1.1’ to remove all Windows registry settings for the game. You can obtain the eraser from: ftp://ftp.ea-europe.com/UK_Support/Eras … er_v11.reg

You will be asked if you want to add the information, click Yes.

Next, delete the game folder:

1. Double-click on My Computer
2. Double-click on the hard drive your game is installed to (default is C:\)
3. Go to the folder where the game is installed to on your computer (default is C:\Program Files\EA Games)
4. Click once on the Battlefield 2 folder, now press delete on your keyboard and choose yes to delete (be sure to empty your recycle bin prior to reinstalling)
5. In My Documents you will find a Battlefield 2 folder, delete this.

Once the game has been completely removed from your PC, you will be free to reinstall the game, which I would like you to install in the following order:

Battlefield 2
Special Forces
Patch v1.12

hope that can help
Don't know if it works because I can't install the game anymore. This is what happens during the install about 100 times with different files: "File locked  C:\bf2\pylib-2.3.4.zip" if I press no (which is the only thing that can be done) to these the game doesn't launch.
MILLWRIGHT32
+0|6741|Toronto, Canada
same problem here, crash to desktop with loss of connection. server ping at 47, I've never had a problem before? This started yesterday after the patch. In the afternoon before the patch no problems.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6691|The Ville
I haven't expierenced ping problems yet. When I go to servers that have 30-40 my ping stays between 30-60 which is expected for my pc. On the other hand I do get wicked lag with the first 2 mins of play then it goes away and all is well. I've gotten use to this problem there so no worries yet.
Sinister mind
+0|6662
Leave it to EA to fix a few things but break everything else. I havn't had any problems myself though. I hope you guys get your stuff sorted out this really sucks.
AirborneCz
+0|6643
i fixed this problem by setting antialias off and light from high to medium
however you might try this from EA help I just got from them:

Hi Jan,

Thank you for contacting us here at Electronic Arts Technical Support.

Does the game work well offline? Please try to limit the BF2 application to only one CPU Instead of two which is the default value. To do this by using the task manager, select the Process Tab and searching for the BF2.exe process, right-click it and select 'Set Affinity ...' there deselect every checkbox except of the first CPU, CPU 0 and click 'OK'.

Also please try deleting the My Documents\Battlefield 2 folder and try again. If you have punkbuster, please update it by going to evenbalance.com. Please make sure that you have closed any programs or tasks running in the background as sometimes one of the programs can conflict with the game. Background applications such as anti-virus programs are often the cause of conflicts.

· Hold down the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys at the same time
· Click the "Processes" tab.
· Click on the gray bar in the middle column that says User Name to sort by user name.
· Do NOT select anything for SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE, or NETWORK SERVICE.
· Click on anything besides EXPLORER and TASKMGR for this User Name or other user names.
· Click on END PROCESS
· Repeat these steps until only explorer.exe and taskmgr.exe are open for this user profile.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (https://eauk.custhelp.com)

James
EA Games Technical Support"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard