baggs
+732|6206

TopHat01 wrote:

baggs wrote:

Oh yeah, another thing they completely wanked up in a patch. I know i moan a lot about this game but they really fucked me off when they just started fucking about, needlessly, with things in the game.

Yeah, things needed fixing and some got fixed and i'm thankful for that, i'm not entirely ungrateful
I agree completely - not sure why they're trying to fix things that aren't broken...there are plenty of other things they could be working on.  Although, I'm glad they released 1.08 to patch the SSR7 glitch as fast as they did.

Baggs, any recommendations for the the Laguna Seca race for the American Championship in B-Spec?  I beat the first race fine with Varegg's Panoz Esperante GTR-1 (thanks Varegg!) but my Bob seems to struggle in the second race - he's fighting the Chapparal 2Js and Ford GT LM Spec IIs...ended up in 3rd, behind 2 2Js.

EDIT: Bought the Ford GT Spec II Test Car (Cr. 3.6 Million) and he won with ease.  Pricey, but this car looks pretty awesome!
Ok you done it! I was going to share the 2J again, that smashes it

Jord you need to fix that internet up and then we can start sharing with cars with you.

Why can't i find the motivation to do the Nascar series and the FGT series? Both A and B spec.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

baggs wrote:

Why can't i find the motivation to do the Nascar series and the FGT series? Both A and B spec.
Those two I have done in B spec but not in A spec
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock
Can't put the game down. Find myself spending a lot of time with the licences and Special event. Level 13 and have only completed like 5 a spec events. B spec is a nice change too good fun.
baggs
+732|6206

Adams_BJ wrote:

Can't put the game down. Find myself spending a lot of time with the licences and Special event. Level 13 and have only completed like 5 a spec events. B spec is a nice change too good fun.
What, good Sir, is your PSNID?

Can share you some nice cars if you would like?
Adams_BJ

baggs wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

What, good Sir, is your PSNID?

Can share you some nice cars if you would like?
No access to the net atm Will have it when either a) I move back out or b) I could be arsed to go get a prepaid wireless stick. But I'll let you guys know when.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
Thanks for sharing the FGT and Jag Varegg, now I can finish the FGT Championship and grind Dream Car Championship.
Adams_BJ
Is there a better car than to Ford Focus for the first 3 races? Thing is a huge money saver
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA

Adams_BJ wrote:

Is there a better car than to Ford Focus for the first 3 races? Thing is a huge money saver
Yeah, the cars you win for achieving all bronze/silver in the license tests are definitely worth having.  For your first car I'd recommend a Toyota VITZ '07 since there is a Yaris/VITZ race you'll need to do later on and the '07 one (with a bit of tuning) can take the win fairly easily.
Adams_BJ

TopHat01 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Yeah, the cars you win for achieving all bronze/silver in the license tests are definitely worth having.  For your first car I'd recommend a Toyota VITZ '07 since there is a Yaris/VITZ race you'll need to do later on and the '07 one (with a bit of tuning) can take the win fairly easily.
I bought a focuse for my first three races, got all gold in them and one a Yaris sports from one of them for the Yaris race. Also my B-Spec driver smashed the opposition of the first 3 races with the focus.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
^Nice.  For the most part you win cars that can be used in year or make specific events so try to avoid selling everything for one specific nice car, etc.
Adams_BJ
yeah I don't sell anything. When I bought the wrong car for a classic race, I just did a couple special events for it, and used the ferrari for the european and italian classics
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
If you receive a car from a person, can you still trade a car to a different person that same day, or is your trade limit for that day used up?

I'm starting to get into trading on the GT Planet forums, still a bit confused on how everything works...
baggs
+732|6206

TopHat01 wrote:

If you receive a car from a person, can you still trade a car to a different person that same day, or is your trade limit for that day used up?

I'm starting to get into trading on the GT Planet forums, still a bit confused on how everything works...
You can send one car, per day, per PS3. You can send 5 paints, per day, per PS3. You can send 5 car parts, per day, per PS3

You can receive as many cars, paints and parts as you like

It used to be on a 'per account' basis but they soon fucked that off. Also they put a trade limit on cars, 1 Mil credits, BUT, it applies to vehicles as new, so even some used cars that are valued below 1 Mil Cr in the UCD are actually valued in trading terms as if they were new and over 1 Mil Cr. Now thats shitty!!

Make sure you have a memory stick and back up your game save! Make a hard copy on your PC/Laptop from time to time also, game save data has been known to corrupt.

See, what you can do is actually duplicate cars because your game save data is stored locally. So if you are going to trade cars with someone you don't actually have to lose your car to gain his. You can keep yours and receive the car you want. If you want instructions on how to do this, please just ask, i'll be happy to take you through it.

Before this wanky patch i was trading on 8 accounts You could birthday exploit and everything, ticket duplicating was really good and easy to do also. But now its fucked.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
^Thanks for the response - I think I know how to duplicate cars/paints for the most part.  It's essentially sending X item/car to another account of your own, then reload the save before trading on the main account.  Then you have a duplicate of whatever you sent which can be sent back to your main account.  I see why the 1,000,000 Cr. limit was set - duplicating X2010s and FGTs was too easy.

Beat the Sebastian Vettel X2010 challenges w/ bronze medals, I'm now the proud owner of the X2010 Red Bull.   No desire to go for silver or gold since it's almost impossible without a wheel, so I'll just use this one to grind to level 35 in B Spec and I'll have two.

This game sure is addictive though, turning on GT5 has started to become part of my schedule...
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

TopHat01 wrote:

Thanks for sharing the FGT and Jag Varegg, now I can finish the FGT Championship and grind Dream Car Championship.
I haven't noticed you buying a FGT yet hence why I shared that, and the Jag just comes in handy sometimes
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
baggs
+732|6206
Varegg, which cars are you still looking for?
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
Baggs/Varegg:

Could either of you explain B-Spec Remote Racing to me?  I see threads on GTP with people claiming they've earned massive amount of credits/XP, and was wondering how that all works.  Currently I just grind the Dream Car Championship for Cr/XP.

Thanks.
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Haven't touched remote racing more than once so I really don't know ... if nobody else has a good answer for you try www.gtplanet.net
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

baggs wrote:

Not counting the cars that can't be traded and can't be bought of course, am looking for ...

*Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car '98
*Honda Mobil 1 NSX '01
*Honda RAYBRIG NSX '00
*Jaguar XFR '10
*Mazda RX-8 Concept (Type-II) '01
*Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac '01
*Mitsubishi HSR-II Concept '89
*Nissan MOTUL PITWORK Z '04
*Toyota ALTEZZA Touring Car
*Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA '01
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
^I have the '01 TOM'S SUPRA, want it?
baggs
+732|6206

TopHat01 wrote:

Baggs/Varegg:

Could either of you explain B-Spec Remote Racing to me?  I see threads on GTP with people claiming they've earned massive amount of credits/XP, and was wondering how that all works.  Currently I just grind the Dream Car Championship for Cr/XP.

Thanks.
Basically, you need some mug to host so you can race all of your drivers at once. I never got involved in remote racing, seemed a bit stupid to me. It's generally a principle where you leave your PS3 caning electricity all day at home whilst you travel around and use the GT5 website portal to race B spec events. Just proves how much of a pointless grind GT5 is.

What sucks so much tho is that if you host you can only race one of your drivers whilst your friends can leech all day long and its hard to find someone who reciprocates with hosting.
baggs
+732|6206

Varegg wrote:

baggs wrote:

Not counting the cars that can't be traded and can't be bought of course, am looking for ...

*Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car '98  -  have this
*Honda Mobil 1 NSX '01
*Honda RAYBRIG NSX '00
*Jaguar XFR '10
*Mitsubishi HSR-II Concept '89  -  have this
*Nissan MOTUL PITWORK Z '04  -  have this
Will try and get you these three cars over the next week or two
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

baggs wrote:

Varegg wrote:

baggs wrote:

*Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car '98  -  have this
*Honda Mobil 1 NSX '01
*Honda RAYBRIG NSX '00
*Jaguar XFR '10
*Mitsubishi HSR-II Concept '89  -  have this
*Nissan MOTUL PITWORK Z '04  -  have this
Will try and get you these three cars over the next week or two
Sweet ... let me know if you need anything special or I'll just keep sending you the odd car now and then

TopHat01 wrote:

^I have the '01 TOM'S SUPRA, want it?
Yes please

Anything you are looking for let me know or I could just send you some cars I find in the UCD that are collectable

Tried a couple of remote races yesterday, doesn't yield much ... roughly 10.000 cr for 20 minutes ... am not leaving my PS3 on 24/7 for that!
baggs
+732|6206
New seasonals are up, we waited three weeks for a pickup race...

There is no motivation to turn this game on anymore other than to grind credits to buy cars, which i don't have the time to do. The old seasonals were brilliant, some were quite hard and could be a real challenge if you wished. Yeah you had to sink some credits into buying the car first but the payout was great and it meant you could save up and afford nice cars without having to grind championships for a couple hours a day.

Yeah i understand there have been problems over there in the past couple weeks but these events are no different to what they've been adding for the past 2 months.

Last edited by baggs (2011-03-24 01:12:33)

TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA

baggs wrote:

New seasonals are up, we waited three weeks for a pickup race...

There is no motivation to turn this game on anymore other than to grind credits to buy cars, which i don't have the time to do. The old seasonals were brilliant, some were quite hard and could be a real challenge if you wished. Yeah you had to sink some credits into buying the car first but the payout was great and it meant you could save up and afford nice cars without having to grind championships for a couple hours a day.

Yeah i understand there have been problems over there in the past couple weeks but these events are no different to what they've been adding for the past 2 months.
Yeah that's literally what I've been doing for the past couple weeks (turning on the game to grind).

I haven't tried the seasonal races that much - I'll have to look into them more.  Updated OCD is good though - I have all the pickup trucks now and a Panoz. Lots of LM race cars in there that I'll eventually snag too.

@Varegg:
Thanks for the speed 12 and paints! glad I had what you were looking for.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2011-03-24 15:22:18)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard