Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

baggs: The GT5 oracle

I like the new update, will be interesting to try out the new online share car function amongst other things, the increased XP was long overdue imo

And jord, you need to connect your PS3 for the updates ... atleast the last update will improve your ability to level up faster

And tnx for the trade baggs
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
baggs
+732|6206

Varegg wrote:

baggs: The GT5 oracle

I like the new update, will be interesting to try out the new online share car function amongst other things, the increased XP was long overdue imo

And jord, you need to connect your PS3 for the updates ... atleast the last update will improve your ability to level up faster

And tnx for the trade baggs
Ha ha, I try!

You are most welcome mate, you're welcome to anything I have! Also if you do decide to duplicate I can give you all the tips, if anything, just back up your game saves!!
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
Thanks for the tip, baggs.  I originally wanted it because the FAQ I was following called for one, but I ended up finishing off the races in a different car anyways.

So has XP been increased in offline too? I'm borrowing this game from a friend and I've already passed him in level just in the past couple days.

EDIT: Checked your GT5 profile Varegg...is your profile picture a snapshot of a spectator? 

Last edited by TopHat01 (2011-02-21 12:05:31)

Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

TopHat01 wrote:

EDIT: Checked your GT5 profile Varegg...is your profile picture a snapshot of a spectator? 
It's a snapshot from photo-travel, one of those you need for a secret trophy ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
baggs
+732|6206
I know you've done it already Varegg, but if any of you are playing GT5 in B-Spec mode we all need to add each other and then share drivers online then we can start remote racing.

I got all five of yours racing now Varegg
baggs
+732|6206
I still stand by my opinion that the B-Spec Bob's I employ are actual retards.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
I followed Varegg's advice of picking the hottest driver possible and putting him in an overpowered car....granted I've only done about 5 levels of B-Spec, but seemed to work.
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

baggs wrote:

I know you've done it already Varegg, but if any of you are playing GT5 in B-Spec mode we all need to add each other and then share drivers online then we can start remote racing.

Yeah ... I noticed

Haven't tried remote racing myself yet, to busy collecting cars ... does it yield any dough?

About high lvl B spec drivers I noticed when the career bar is close to full their skills start to deteriorate somewhat ... am afraid I will have to retire some of my celeb drivers like H.Potter, B.Lee, R.Hood and D.Watson

Am currently training B.Spears and she's hot
baggs
+732|6206

Varegg wrote:

baggs wrote:

Yeah ... I noticed

Haven't tried remote racing myself yet, to busy collecting cars ... does it yield any dough?

About high lvl B spec drivers I noticed when the career bar is close to full their skills start to deteriorate somewhat ... am afraid I will have to retire some of my celeb drivers like H.Potter, B.Lee, R.Hood and D.Watson

Am currently training B.Spears and she's hot
Aye, noticed the decline on some drivers, annoying really cos it makes you take on new drivers and it takes enough time getting one driver up to a decent enough level (for me at least!).

My main driver is a complete cock, he starts well but really falls off the pace and allows himself to get bullied.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
Yeah my Bob's named E.Murphy. (Eddie Murphy)

@Varegg: So besides winning and buying premium cars, do you simply search through the used car and online dealships for cars you don't have?
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

TopHat01 wrote:

Yeah my Bob's named E.Murphy. (Eddie Murphy)

@Varegg: So besides winning and buying premium cars, do you simply search through the used car and online dealships for cars you don't have?
Pretty much yeah ... most often I just do 5 races because that is what it takes to replenish the used car dealer with new cars ... pr date I usually just find 1 or 2 cars I don't have ...
baggs
+732|6206
Hey Varegg, anything you've been having trouble finding?

Do you still need 908, R10, Sauber C9, 787b?

Last edited by baggs (2011-02-24 10:38:07)

Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

The two 908s and the R10 are premiums so I can buy those eventually, the 787 I got hold of yesterday through a gift ticket from a good friend so tnx for that one

The C9 sounds very interesting ... anything you need let me know
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Guess that was it when it comes to trading cars in GT5 ...

Update 1.07: - Cars worth over 1,000,000 Cr. (including gift car coupons) are now prohibited from being traded to prevent issues during the trading process. When lending and borrowing cars between friends, please use the car loan system.
baggs
+732|6206

Varegg wrote:

Update 1.07: - Cars worth over 1,000,000 Cr. (including gift car coupons) are now prohibited from being traded to prevent issues during the trading process. When lending and borrowing cars between friends, please use the car loan system.
Good job i sent you the 787b when i did i guess, tho i should have sent the C9! Weirdly tho, i just manage to send the R8 Race Car '05 from one account to the other, i'm sure thats valued over 1,000,000 Cr. I will have a play around with this again 2moro.

I don't wish to be a drama queen about it but this v1.07 has effectively killed GT5 for me, car trading was something i enjoyed and i think a larger proportion of the community enjoyed it also.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
The drifting in this game is a ton of fun IMO, just started to get the hang of it.
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

baggs wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Good job i sent you the 787b when i did i guess, tho i should have sent the C9! Weirdly tho, i just manage to send the R8 Race Car '05 from one account to the other, i'm sure thats valued over 1,000,000 Cr. I will have a play around with this again 2moro.

I don't wish to be a drama queen about it but this v1.07 has effectively killed GT5 for me, car trading was something i enjoyed and i think a larger proportion of the community enjoyed it also.
Looks like they've postponed the trading limit until March 3rd ...

TopHat01 wrote:

The drifting in this game is a ton of fun IMO, just started to get the hang of it.
Then I'll have to try that later on, haven't touched drifting yet ...
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
Does anyone have a matte light green?  I'd be willing to trade a matte green or matte red for a matte light green.
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

TopHat01 wrote:

Does anyone have a matte light green?  I'd be willing to trade a matte green or matte red for a matte light green.
Maybe ... I'll check if I have more than 1
baggs
+732|6206
I have some gold chrome now, Varegg, do you have your garage contents list anywhere?
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

baggs wrote:

I have some gold chrome now, Varegg, do you have your garage contents list anywhere?
Gold chrome?

I haven't updated mygranturismo list for a week or two so that's basically useless or atleast not 100% accurate ... but with 940+ cars I should have some cars you would be interested in making a copy or two of ...

Send me an ingame message with what cars you would like to borrow the most, I'll prolly have some of them ...

Some of my latest purchases of the top of my head
*Nissan R390 road car
*Nissan R89C race car
*Ford Falcon XR8 or whatever it's called
*Jaguar XJ220 LM race car

Edit: Have added some more cars to mygranturismo, the ones I'm quite sure I have ...
baggs
+732|6206
Its an absolute bastard that they patched the game because i could send you maybe 7/8 cars at 1m+ that you need.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA

Varegg wrote:

TopHat01 wrote:

Maybe ... I'll check if I have more than 1
Thanks!  I sent you a matte green.

Currently been grinding B-Spec for XP/credits...
13/f/taiwan
+940|5700
I can't be bothered reading through 14+ pages of GT5 chat so I'll just ask: Is this game worth the money?
baggs
+732|6206

13/f/taiwan wrote:

I can't be bothered reading through 14+ pages of GT5 chat so I'll just ask: Is this game worth the money?
In a word: yes.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard