baggs
+732|6205
Did the Indy 500 Endurance race on A-Spec earlier today, i fell asleep on lap 122, no lie.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

^^ Quite

I'm done with B spec, finished 24H Nurburgring yesterday

3.7 million XP, 389K credits and a McLaren price car

Maybe not finished, need to fill the career bar on my first driver to get the last B. spec trophy ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK
for the 24 hour race i assume you just left it with your driver in a sweet car?
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Vilham wrote:

That's correctly assumed for all endurence races besides the Mazda 4 hour

Either the Redbull or Formula GT are as sweet as they come ...

Also got a lvl 24 ticket when I finished the endurence races, got me a green/white FGT ... if anyone is interested I can trade that for another type of racecar ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
baggs
+732|6205
why is b-spec bob such a fucking retard? his interpretation of overtaking is ramming the opponent into submission and today decided that 'oh ya, brakes are for losers' and just uses the barriers to take corners and smash the fuck outta my Gallardo for 6 consecutive laps.
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

^^ Depends on his level and "hotness" ... there are also some small differences in braking and cornering skills when you first choose a bob ...
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Varegg wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Also got a lvl 24 ticket when I finished the endurence races, got me a green/white FGT ... if anyone is interested I can trade that for another type of racecar ...
is this a literal 24 hour race?
baggs
+732|6205

Varegg wrote:

Vilham wrote:

I've been looking for a green/white FGT for a while now, what do you want in return for it? Anything in particular you are looking for?

@ jsnipy: yes, and you cannot save and come back to it, which is fucking redic, you can only pause.
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

baggs wrote:

I've been looking for a green/white FGT for a while now, what do you want in return for it? Anything in particular you are looking for?
Nah ... any kind of race car I don't have will do really ... maybe an R8 Race car, R10, Peugeot 908, Mazda 787, Sauber C9 ... the last two I know are more worth but that can be compensated with another car or maybe some matte paints if you collect those ...
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

I still have the FGT available if you're interested baggs ...
baggs
+732|6205

Varegg wrote:

I still have the FGT available if you're interested baggs ...
Yes please, i'll message you in game and we'll sort a trade out.

Anything in particular you have been looking for recently? I have about 12mil credits on my other account if you want anything bought up to that value, i.e. from dealerships or online collectors.

Just let me know!

Edit: Ah, just seen your other post, i have the R8 (Team Playstation), R10, 908 Oreca, Sauber C9 and i could buy the 787b for you. I'm happy to do a straight swap for anything, also, if there is ever anything you need i'll just send it to you. I'm not all that bothered about getting anything back, its only a game save.

Last edited by baggs (2011-02-18 02:07:08)

baggs
+732|6205
V1.06 is live!

Various fixes and some improvements, AI seems much better now and i can't really explain it but the cars seem to handle a lot better. Personally i think they improved the device input, throttle response from the DS3 seems much more accurate amoungst other things.

XP has been greatly adjusted, more XP on both specs! Less grind, but at the cost less credits. But bonus races are back! Yay! Tho less credits... that said, more than enough are rewarded.

Read more at GT Planet forums

Also, they got rid of that annoying check box on loading, so the game now loads right into the GT hub from starting in the XMB. A lot of annoying delays have been removed actually, and the menu system seems to navigate much quicker now. I just wish you could turn certain 'confirmation' checks off and certain ones on.

Last edited by baggs (2011-02-18 07:43:50)

baggs
+732|6205
I managed to find the R8 LMS Race Car btw, can't send until 2moro tho, is nice
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
Why won't my skyline do more than 168mph despite what I do to it? I've got it at like 750bhp and it's top speed is the same as it was at like 650bhp.
baggs
+732|6205

jord wrote:

Why won't my skyline do more than 168mph despite what I do to it? I've got it at like 750bhp and it's top speed is the same as it was at like 650bhp.
Installed fully customizable transmission?
jord

baggs wrote:

jord wrote:

Nope, I guess I should then eh
baggs
+732|6205

jord wrote:

baggs wrote:

jord wrote:

Nope, I guess I should then eh
Yeah, install it and adjust it in [settings].

Btw, visit gtplanet - tuning forum and it'll help you with setting up some cars. Theres a tuning garage database, very helpful.

Did anyone else enjoy the Impreza Nurburgring seasonal race? I tried at first with a 22b and after two attempts i could only manage 2nd place and 3 seconds behind. So i bought the WRX STI '05 and race modded it... beat the Skyline by 1 second, best race i've had so far.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
The used car dealership never stocks the cars you want...

Otherwise, I've been thoroughly enjoying this game.
baggs
+732|6205

TopHat01 wrote:

Thats odd, i seem to find most of what i want... you do realise that each race is equivalent to a day passing on the game and the UCD updates a few cars each day?

What cars are you looking for?
jord
I've of the same opinion. I don't have online and it's a ballache trying to find a pickup to do that pickup race, I want a fucking Dodge Ram assholes.
baggs
+732|6205

jord wrote:

I've of the same opinion. I don't have online and it's a ballache trying to find a pickup to do that pickup race, I want a fucking Dodge Ram assholes.
Add my psnid: xrsxis

Will sort you out
jord
Aint got internets brah
baggs
+732|6205

jord wrote:

Aint got internets brah
Oh! Well thats that then!

Actually, i dont know how you can even bother to play without an internet connection... No seasonals, no updates, no Online Dealership. Must be shit.

Last edited by baggs (2011-02-20 10:50:26)

TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA

baggs wrote:

TopHat01 wrote:

Thats odd, i seem to find most of what i want... you do realise that each race is equivalent to a day passing on the game and the UCD updates a few cars each day?

What cars are you looking for?
Looking for a '61 Jaguar E-Type...I check after 2-3 races and I've literally never seen it.

jord wrote:

Getting bronze on all of the IA license tests awards you a Dodge Ram.
baggs
+732|6205

TopHat01 wrote:

Looking for a '61 Jaguar E-Type...I check after 2-3 races and I've literally never seen it.
Easy! Follow this method...

1. Create a new account on your PS3

2. Register it through your PS3 with Playstation Network
3. **IMPORTANT PART** Enter the BIRTHDAY as TODAY'S day and the CURRENT month but put the YEAR as 1961. E.g. 21/02/1961

4. Enter all the other details as normal but you can use anything you want, using the letter 'g' for the address details work, e.mail can be fake but not currently in use.

5. Log into the account and go throught the motions setting up the game and once all is ready you will receive a BIRTHDAY TICKET for 1961 (as you entered todays day and month as your birthday).

6. Add your main account to friends list, accept it and then send the car from your second/third/forth account to the main account.

This will work for any year up to 1992 from 1942 (due to the 18 years and over for registering the account). Conveniently the game only rewards one rare car from 1961... yes, the Jaguar E-TYPE Coupe ‘61.

You can use this Google Spreadsheet to see what year rewards which cars. Obviously you're changing the year of your birthdate to the desired year which the car was made.

Btw, for years which reward more than one type of car: when you use the ticket and if its not the desired car you wanted just exit the game and delete the game save and restart the game. You will receive the ticket again.

Yeah, it might seem a lot of work at first, but once you get the hang of it you'll fly through it. A good method for getting some of the games rarer vehicles and for a LOT less credits!

Last edited by baggs (2011-02-21 02:12:54)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard