Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
Yeah I'm aware of the radical bit, just that these sorts of actions always tend to awake more than just the radical element. As we saw with the Danish cartoon shit
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
if you take a step back and emply some logic, you realise burning a book or a flag has no real consequence other than wasting paper/materials/lighter fluid.

Does some guy burning your nations flag have any negative effect on your nation or way of life?
Does someone burning your religious books effect your religion in any way?

Let morons waste their time doing stupid shit. Like I said, ignore them and they go away.

Last edited by jord (2010-09-09 05:01:55)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6812|NÃ¥rvei

Mekstizzle wrote:

Yeah I'm aware of the radical bit, just that these sorts of actions always tend to awake more than just the radical element. As we saw with the Danish cartoon shit
First time the cartoons was printed there barely was a reaction at all ... when they started reprinting them in several other newspapers because it didn't upset enough Muslims the first time ... most of the first reactions against the cartoons was merely calm demonstrations before the polarisation took off completely ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
Even then, calm demonstrations show that they actually give a fuck what some newspaper says. Like jord says, whatever people do like that, it doesn't change anything whatsoever, so who cares.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina

Varegg wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

First time the cartoons was printed there barely was a reaction at all ... when they started reprinting them in several other newspapers because it didn't upset enough Muslims the first time ... most of the first reactions against the cartoons was merely calm demonstrations before the polarisation took off completely ...
The main reason why the cartoons became an issue is because some radical clerics starting drawing a lot of attention to them in Islamic cultures that don't support the freedom of speech or the press (aka - most of the Islamic World).

While this reaction was predictable in its consequences, it also shows how shallow radicals really are and how vulnerable the ignorant are to radicalization.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5755|Roma

Uzique wrote:

retarded, and only comprimises the lofty high-idealism of the american 'mission' against "radical islam".

when regular christian congregations start to burn islamic books and commit acts of iconoclasm... it adds a crusader-like tinge
I wonder why the muslim terrorists don't attack the vatican. I mean they started a jihad against the infidels.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
too obvious . . . and the 'infidels' that are affecting their every day lives in their countries are american-christians, not RC's...
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney
I'm going to get 200 bibles and burn them at xmas, as a protest to their brainwashed views and all the wrongs their religion has caused humanity.

Do you think many christians will understand my message?

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-09-09 07:27:53)

Ticia
+73|5337

Varegg wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Exactly.
By mentioning this Petraeus and Clinton just gave credit to a nutjob.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6567|Area 51

Jaekus wrote:

I'm going to get 200 bibles and burn them at xmas, as a protest to their brainwashed views and all the wrongs their religion has caused humanity.

Do you think many christians will understand my message?
I think they will..

NOT.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

RDMC wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Do you think many Christian's will understand my message?
I think they will..

NOT.
Waste of time on Dec 25. People burn and deface christian religious symbols and artifacts all the time. Mostly as works of art and The USA often subsidizes them in their efforts. - I Doubt they'd do the same to a muslim religious symbols or artifacts -

(  The "Head sawing " videos and all that )

If they burn those korans some muslims will go wild - if we don't the same ones will hate us anyway,
despite all the WEST has done lately in their name. They guy just wanted this publicity. He got it. Lets blame FOX NEWS !

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-09-09 09:25:07)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I think they will..

NOT.
Mostly as works of art and The USA often subsidizes them in their efforts. [.
lol
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Turquoise
O Canada

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I think they will..

NOT.
Waste of time on Dec 25. People burn and deface christian religious symbols and artifacts all the time. Mostly as works of art and The USA often subsidizes them in their efforts. - I Doubt they'd do the same to a muslim religious symbols or artifacts -

If they burn those korans some muslims will go wild - if we don't the same ones will hate us anyway,
despite all the WEST has done lately in their name. They guy just wanted this publicity. He got it. Lets blame FOX NEWS !
If nothing else, I think we can agree that Christians seem much better at dealing with being offended than many Muslims do.
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
Hardly the best boast in the world turq...
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6132|North Tonawanda, NY
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/08/florid … .reaction/

Jones announced Wednesday that the church's website provider has "canceled" Dove World Outreach Center's accounts, though its website, and another URL for a book written by Jones titled "Islam is of the Devil," were still accessible Wednesday evening.

"We feel that it's definitely an indirect attack on our freedom of speech," Jones said, adding that the provider, Rackspace, is "trying to shut us down."

But he said, "This is not going to affect the event going forward."

A spokesman for the provider, Rackspace, said the company decided to cancel the center's sites after investigating a complaint and reviewing both sites.

The center "violated the hate-speech provision of our acceptable-use policy," said Rackspace spokesman Dan Goodgame.

"This is not a constitutional issue. This is a contract issue," said Goodgame, adding that his company had given the center until midnight to find another host and move its content. Goodgame said Rackspace has about 100,000 customers and he did not know how long it had hosted those two specific sites.
So their provider cancelled their hosting agreement.

Last edited by SenorToenails (2010-09-09 09:39:17)

Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356
obama weighed in on this issue and I was actually proud of him. What he said may help a little. But the thing that will shut it down in the end is sites like these where you can hear people from all over talk. Circumventing there media and leaders views. When you realize how diverse the make up ( and some are less diverse than others I THINK ? ) you have to realize hating some people on the other side of some line drawn on a map is usually pretty pointless. In these cases the country with the most Ill informed masses has the advantage but that won't last. I think Everyone is aware of the fact that controlling information is getting nearly impossible to do. I suspect that fact is behind this latest surge of violence. I believe it is a also spasm of Death.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5239|Cleveland, Ohio

Dilbert_X wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Someone should put a bonfire of bibles and other religious books opposite to this one. Should be a fun thing to watch when the bible heroes start going apeshit.
so you support my anti islam community center?
Make it an anti-multifaith community centre and I'm in.
Oh, and there'd better be bar.
hmmm..nah i cant do that until southern baptists and scientologists start suicide bombing and stoning women.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5239|Cleveland, Ohio

Varegg wrote:

As long as this knucklehead understands that burning the Quran will most certainly cost American lives ...

This is a good thing if you support the continuous polarisation between Islam and the western world ...

This is bad thing if you value free speech, burning the Quran or any other book that means so much to so many is a misuse of free speech ...

This is a clear strike to the statement that Islam is intolerant, burning the Quran as means to fight radical Islam is well ... quite an radical action, can you really fight radicalism with radicalism?
yet you never seem bothered when they burn an american flag.
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney

11 Bravo wrote:

Varegg wrote:

As long as this knucklehead understands that burning the Quran will most certainly cost American lives ...

This is a good thing if you support the continuous polarisation between Islam and the western world ...

This is bad thing if you value free speech, burning the Quran or any other book that means so much to so many is a misuse of free speech ...

This is a clear strike to the statement that Islam is intolerant, burning the Quran as means to fight radical Islam is well ... quite an radical action, can you really fight radicalism with radicalism?
Burning the Quran is such a positive response to that
Turquoise
O Canada

11 Bravo wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Well, to be honest, it's a demonstration that Americans are more reasonable when their patriotism is offended than Muslims typically are about their religion being offended.

In other words, we don't kill people over a flag burning.

Last edited by Turquoise (2010-09-09 14:36:06)

Laika
+75|5946
Seems the pastor and the man behind the planned NYC mosque have come to an agreement:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100909/ap_ … an_burning
13rin
+977|6481

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I think they will..

NOT.

Shit, US soldiers burned bibles in Afghanistan...
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

RDMC wrote:

I think they will..

NOT.

Shit, US soldiers burned bibles in Afghanistan...
Not for fun or Artistic endevor I am guessing ?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard