ghettoperson
+1,943|6640

He's a little ADD, but it's a very interesting talk and well worth a watch.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5228|Cleveland, Ohio
not gonna watch 48 minutes worth of that.  summarize?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6640

Don't talk to the police under any circumstances, because even if you're innocent you can really easily talk yourself into a conviction.

EDIT: That's not a particularly good summary though, so I'd recommend watching it.

Last edited by ghettoperson (2010-09-04 16:36:47)

11 Bravo
Banned

ghettoperson wrote:

Don't talk to the police under any circumstances, because even if you're innocent you can really easily talk yourself into a conviction.
ive always talked to them because i dont do anything wrong....usually am just a witness or something.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6640

There's also a cops view about half way through on what the lawyer had to say.
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.
I don't see the appeal in being a witness to a victimless crime, like Bank robbery or Drug dealing. Who cares if there's no reward?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

Saw this awhile ago.

I like watching the show The First 48 on AE. It's a documentary type show that follows the first 48 hours of a murder investigation. The show's premise comes form the idea that if they don't catch the person in the first 48 hours the probability of ever catching the person drops to some ridiculous level.

In anycase, it's always interesting to see how many people the police manage to make confess when they don't have any evidence at all. Like 1 out of every 3 cases, the officers say before they go to interrogate someone something like "If we don't get a confession out of him now, we'll have to release him because we have nothing on him". Like 99% of the time the police manage to get the guy to talk.

Only once can I remember a guy being smart enough to deny everything and ask for a lawyer. He managed to avoid a double murder charge. So yeah don't talk to the police ever.
rdx-fx
+955|6583
I know of at least one police officer that got screwed over by talking to the police without legal representation. Felony conviction on a bullshit charge, built purely on the word of a known and documented mental case. If anyone should've known better...

Though I'm a little surprised GS hasn't posted the following link yet;
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6759

Macbeth wrote:

In anycase, it's always interesting to see how many people the police manage to make confess when they don't have any evidence at all. Like 1 out of every 3 cases, the officers say before they go to interrogate someone something like "If we don't get a confession out of him now, we'll have to release him because we have nothing on him". Like 99% of the time the police manage to get the guy to talk.
Confessions make our job a lot easier. Even with really good evidence (and no confession) there is no guarantee a jury will convict.
Crooks are crooks for a reason, they are dumb as dog shit. If they were smart they would give a "no comment" interview.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5250|foggy bottom
I dont hate cops I just hate they think their job deserves more respect than the next one.
Tu Stultus Es
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6396|North Carolina
The lawyer makes some good points, but I think he had too much coffee.
11 Bravo
Banned
i should make a video called dont talk to shifty
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

Don't talk to the police because you may incriminate yourself.

Always ask for a lawyer if you feel in anyway you might incriminate yourself.

That's a pretty basic concept.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Reciprocity
+721|6572|the dank(super) side of Oregon
cops are great, just ask new orleanians.
11 Bravo
Banned

Reciprocity wrote:

you mean the ones that leach off the govt and shoot each other?
Reciprocity

11 Bravo wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

the unarmed ones shot to death on danziger bridge.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6771|Great Brown North
also don't let them into your home

no warrant = gtfo
11 Bravo
Banned

Reciprocity wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

the unarmed ones shot to death on danziger bridge.
yes bad things happen.  i guess the few bad outweigh the insane amounts of good.  friggin hippy.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6396|North Carolina
The quality of law enforcement wildly varies by location.  Some cities have a long history of police corruption (LA, New Orleans).  Other areas have much more ethical forces.
11 Bravo
Banned

Turquoise wrote:

The quality of law enforcement wildly varies by location.  Some cities have a long history of police corruption (LA, New Orleans).  Other areas have much more ethical forces.
police come from the people.  they arent raised on some other planet.  PEOPLE are fucked up, not cops.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6357|California
fuck the 5 0

lol jk
11 Bravo
Banned
you are about useless
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6357|California
as much as you
11 Bravo
Banned
not even close
Reciprocity

11 Bravo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

police come from the people.  they arent raised on some other planet.  PEOPLE are fucked up, not cops.
which is exactly why I don't implicitly trust people who wear a badge.  My job has me interacting with cops every day, some are cool, some are sociopaths, like everyone else.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard