ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

JohnG@lt wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

You'd have to be a fucking idiot to expect a brand new car for your two year old one from an insurance company. Sounds like she's just a whining liberal asshole that expects Obama to give everything to her.
Well, the loss is the same tbh, Buying a "only 2 year" used car is never the same as a 2 year old car you have had from new... e.g. you know the history of your own car...
This.
Boo fucking hoo. She'd be in the same boat if someone crashed into her.

EDIT: Just looked up the retail on one of those things. Holy fuck, it lost 8 grand in 2 years? That makes BMW's look like a great investment.

Last edited by ghettoperson (2010-09-04 12:05:11)

jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.

Surgeons wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

if you want to kill yourself just drink anti freeze or something, what if the fall breaks your spine or something, and then you can't even move
Drink bleach.

E: Not you Arnott, just in general
Both aren't a certain passage to death, and I imagine both are extremely painful/uncomfortable.

No thanks.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6108|Birmingham, UK
what about carbon monoxide inhalation?

edit: if you drink enough its deadly, not sure about the pain... we did toxins in biology and anti freeze is a good poison for suicide/murder

Last edited by SEREVENT (2010-09-04 12:16:06)

jord
Decent, but it's not available to everyone. I'm not keen on the ones that take a while to complete, because if you get caught half way through and saved it's gonna be awkward town from then on...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

ghettoperson wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Well, the loss is the same tbh, Buying a "only 2 year" used car is never the same as a 2 year old car you have had from new... e.g. you know the history of your own car...
This.

EDIT: Just looked up the retail on one of those things. Holy fuck, it lost 8 grand in 2 years? That makes BMW's look like a great investment.
Right, and if someone ran a red light and t-boned her on the street she'd have every reason to bitch. She's out $8k through no fault of her own. You'd be pissed off too.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

ghettoperson wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

This.

Wait?!

BMWs hold their value really well...

Just like the other major german brands...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-09-04 12:32:47)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
jord
For a car, I suppose they do hold their value better than others.

"Really well" is an overstatment though.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

JohnG@lt wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

This.

Right, and if someone ran a red light and t-boned her on the street she'd have every reason to bitch. She's out $8k through no fault of her own. You'd be pissed off too.
No, she'd just get on with her life and quit moaning. I know I would.

And BMW's are awful for keeping their value. Give them 5 years and a 50 grand car is worth 15.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6454|The Twilight Zone

ghettoperson wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

And BMW's are awful for keeping their value. Give them 5 years and a 50 grand car is worth 15.
True, first hand experience
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

ghettoperson wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

So you would just flippantly toss away $8k without a care? I wish I were either as rich, or as dirt poor, as you that money means nothing...
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
jord
Back on topic lads or I'm gonna have to take action.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

It's her own fault for buying a stupid fucking car. And she's not tossing away $8k. Well she is, but that's regardless of whether someone fell 40 stories onto her car. Why the fuck is she entitled to a brand new car, hers was 2 years old, so insurance gives her the money to buy the same car of the same age.
jord
Not only that, but can't she put a compensation claim in? I means sure the backlash from the guys friends/family will be (MC)relentless but for money I'm sure she'll get over it.

The whole sueing thing is pretty bad here, and we got it from the US. Or is she intent on complaining to the media?

Last edited by jord (2010-09-04 13:06:20)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Yeah she sounds like a bitch so she'll presumably sue somebody over it.
jord
No win no fee culture. Some guy that crashed into my mother is putting a claim in for "Fear of driving", he was perfectly fine, the crash barely affected his TRANSIT VAN.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6108|Birmingham, UK
fear of driving?

my dad was in a car crash once, he should have done that
jord

SEREVENT wrote:

fear of driving?

my dad was in a car crash once, he should have done that
Yeah if you ever crash use that, coupled with some bullshit physical pain like "whiplash" you can make £1500+ with ease.

The court documents also show he's had 2 other accidents in the last 6 years. He was also speeding when he crashed into my mothers saxo. Such is life though, if it does nagatively affect my Mother I have his address anyway.
rdx-fx
+955|6592
"Hey, glad to hear you're doing better. Now, about my car that you wrecked while having a bad day. Glad you lived, now you can pay me back for what your bullshit stunt cost me."

If you've got something terminal, and don't want to be a burden to your family - call Dr. Kevorkian, or pull a Hemingway Van Gogh (pistol round through the chest, out in a secluded field, under your favorite tree - so family can have their open casket funeral, nobody else is in danger, etc).  In other words, be considerate.

If, on the other hand, you're a selfish bastard that thinks life is oh so very hard on poor little you, then fuck off. There's others in the world that make do with a much shittier lot in life.  And if you happen to be such a spectacular fuckup that you fail at suicide, expect to pay the bill for the damage you caused in your epic failure.  There's old, crippled, starving, homeless people in warzones that manage to get through the day without hurling themselves into traffic from 3 stories up, FFS.

If, in a third case, you have issues and you think you may be a little more than depressed - talk to someone, rent a therapist, or get some medication. Probably all free in the UK.  Hell, I hear rumors that one can make a comfortable living on the dole, if you can find the right person to tell your tale of woe to.

Edit: Apparently I had Hemingway and Van Gogh mixed up for their choice of suicide methods.

Last edited by rdx-fx (2010-09-04 14:38:19)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

jord wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

jord wrote:

Even if you're physically healthy you can still be mentally unhealthy.

Unless you have dependants, then its nobody elses business if you wish to commit suicide. Though its a whole differant topic.
I'll put it this way, I support the legalization of euthanasia and the right to privacy.
I support the right to assisted suicide. Some people in pain don't have the means to off themselves and have a willing partner that would help them end their life but for the law.

Personally euthanasia clinics are never an option, its what £6000? I'd sooner off myself and give the money to funeral costs/charity.
Well, you wouldn't have to make it restricted to clinics.  I just think you should need a lawyer or law enforcement official present to confirm that the act of euthanasia is legit and not foul play.

Basically, there just needs to be a legal framework involved.
Turquoise
O Canada

ghettoperson wrote:

Jord, you've clearly never been to Switzerland. It's superior to the UK in every sense. Hell it's superior to 90% of Europe. If anything, people would arrive there and realise life isn't so bad and perhaps they should give life another shot.
I hear it's a nice place.  Granted, I'm a bit disturbed by their history of complicity with the Nazies...  They also passed some ridiculous ban on minarets.

Last edited by Turquoise (2010-09-04 13:38:40)

Turquoise
O Canada

ghettoperson wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

She has insurance, what's the problem? She doesn't lose anything out of it.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 2#p3305102
Like she said she's only going to get 14,000 for the car, which isn't enough to get a new charger.
What? How the fuck does insurance work in the US? Or can you buy a 2008 Charger for 14,000?
I think the assumption is that the car was only worth $14,000 before the incident.

Unless the Charger was relatively new before the damage, there's no reason insurance should pay enough for a new Charger, tbh.

Last edited by Turquoise (2010-09-04 13:42:35)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America

ghettoperson wrote:

It's her own fault for buying a stupid fucking car. And she's not tossing away $8k. Well she is, but that's regardless of whether someone fell 40 stories onto her car. Why the fuck is she entitled to a brand new car, hers was 2 years old, so insurance gives her the money to buy the same car of the same age.
Did they explicitly brand new car as in 2011 model year or "new" car as in new to replace the old (read: destroyed) one?
rdx-fx
+955|6592

ghettoperson wrote:

Jord, you've clearly never been to Switzerland. It's superior to the UK in every sense. Hell it's superior to 90% of Europe. If anything, people would arrive there and realise life isn't so bad and perhaps they should give life another shot.

Turquoise wrote:

I hear it's a nice place.  Granted, I'm a bit disturbed by their history of complicity with the Nazies...  They also passed some ridiculous ban on minarets.
Switzerland is one place I intend on visiting, as soon as my little girl is old enough to appreciate the trip. (And as soon as I brush up on my German).

Pfft. Would be hypocritical of me to hold WW-II against them. My family was on three sides of WW-II (German, Russian, American)
And if they're not comfortable with minarets in their culture, I can respect that.  Can't find a decent BBQ place in Saudi Arabia either.
Turquoise
O Canada

rdx-fx wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Switzerland is one place I intend on visiting, as soon as my little girl is old enough to appreciate the trip. (And as soon as I brush up on my German).

Pfft. Would be hypocritical of me to hold WW-II against them. My family was on three sides of WW-II (German, Russian, American)
And if they're not comfortable with minarets in their culture, I can respect that.  Can't find a decent BBQ place in Saudi Arabia either.
Well, I'm a bit leery of any culture that restricts the freedom of religion.  Even our own society is bordering that with this whole NYC community center controversy (and with a few unwise decisions restricting religious expression at schools).

I'm in a weird position being an atheist who dislikes religion but still fervently supports the freedom of religion....

That being said, banning minarets seems to violate the freedom of religious expression.  I realize Switzerland doesn't have the same Constitution design as us, but I would hope they have similar civil rights.  This ban makes me wonder about that though.
jord

Turquoise wrote:

jord wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I'll put it this way, I support the legalization of euthanasia and the right to privacy.
I support the right to assisted suicide. Some people in pain don't have the means to off themselves and have a willing partner that would help them end their life but for the law.

Personally euthanasia clinics are never an option, its what £6000? I'd sooner off myself and give the money to funeral costs/charity.
Well, you wouldn't have to make it restricted to clinics.  I just think you should need a lawyer or law enforcement official present to confirm that the act of euthanasia is legit and not foul play.

Basically, there just needs to be a legal framework involved.
I wouldn't trust a Lawyer or Law enforcment official to ensure no "foul play". A Psychologist and if possible, another family member perhaps.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard