Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

jord wrote:

Personally euthanasia clinics are never an option, its what £6000?
Yeah I don't think covering killing yourself would be viewed as an ''investment in future premiums'' to your insurance company.
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.

Macbeth wrote:

jord wrote:

Personally euthanasia clinics are never an option, its what £6000?
Yeah I don't think covering killing yourself would be viewed as an ''investment in future premiums'' to your insurance company.
Plus you've gotta travel to Switzerland. If there's anything that makes you confirm you wish to end your life, its being in Switzerland...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

Macbeth wrote:

A whining New Jersey woman's gripe that her precious sports car was destroyed by a suicidal man's 40-story fall triggered a venomous outpouring from his friends, neighbors and fellow New Yorkers yesterday.

"The damage to the car -- it saved his life, and that's what you should care about, not your car!" fumed Alyssa Laib, 23, whose friend, Tom Magill, 22, survived the plunge Tuesday from a West End Avenue rooftop when he crash-landed onto Maria McCormack's 2008 Dodge Charger.

"I was angry at first" about McCormack's remarks, "but some people just think materialistically."

McCormack complained that the muscle car -- her "baby" -- was just repaired and fueled up when it was crushed by the falling man. She questioned whether Magill feels "like an idiot" and why it had to be her car instead of the countless others parked in Manhattan that day.

Ali Watts, 24, a Fordham classmate of Magill, was furious over McCormack's attitude.

"I think it's unfortunate that someone would value a material object over someone's life," she said, adding that her pal needed "positive thoughts" as he faced a long recovery.

Another Fordham friend e-mailed The Post that it was "unsettling her main concern is the loss of a $14,000 car."

"I truly hope she steps back and realizes how foolish it is to prize a vehicle over a human life," the friend wrote.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manh … c25gUUxmeN
I read this in the NY post this morning. This angered me along with the fact they put American cheese on my sandwich instead of Swiss like I asked.

I'm with Maria McCormack 100% percent. If some asshole I didn't know tried offing himself by jumping and landed on my M3, I would be fucking pissed off. I don't see where she has to be considerate to the guy or his family. If anything the guy owes her an apology for wrecking her Charger in a failed suicide attempt.

Now if a person had been pushed or had fallen by accident and my car saved their life, I wouldn't mind. I could totally live with that since the person didn't mean to fall.

I don't understand why anyone feels that she is in the wrong for caring more about her property than some suicidal jackass. Fuck Tom Magill, fuck his family, and fuck his friends. He would be fine if it wasn't for his stupid ass actions.
I agree with you 100%.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

Jord, you've clearly never been to Switzerland. It's superior to the UK in every sense. Hell it's superior to 90% of Europe. If anything, people would arrive there and realise life isn't so bad and perhaps they should give life another shot.
jord

ghettoperson wrote:

Jord, you've clearly never been to Switzerland. It's superior to the UK in every sense. Hell it's superior to 90% of Europe. If anything, people would arrive there and realise life isn't so bad and perhaps they should give life another shot.
Every sense? Bit of an overstatment.

You know what would really be depressing... Trying to commit suicide and failing. Not even being able to kill yourself right lol.

Last edited by jord (2010-09-03 16:10:29)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6684|United States of America
Wow, so like that episode of Seinfeld...

I'd be upset if it happened to my car, of course, but a fucking 2008 Dodge is not like a '54 Vette or something. There's still plenty of them out there. I wouldn't take any consolation in the bullshit argument that losing my car "saved a life" though. Depending on how much money she's making though, I could understand the owners feelings, and at the risk of sounding like a sociopath, I would probably care more about a large investment like an automobile than some random stranger.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

She has insurance, what's the problem? She doesn't lose anything out of it.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

ghettoperson wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 2#p3305102
Like she said she's only going to get 14,000 for the car, which isn't enough to get a new charger.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

ghettoperson wrote:

Insurance won't cover the whole cost of replacing the vehicle.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
jord
I hate how levels of a building is used as a unit of measurement so often.

I can't picture 40 stories, there's nothing that tall in my town. I imagine its pretty high though.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

Macbeth wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Like she said she's only going to get 14,000 for the car, which isn't enough to get a new charger.
What? How the fuck does insurance work in the US? Or can you buy a 2008 Charger for 14,000?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

jord wrote:

I can't picture 40 stories, there's nothing that tall in my town. I imagine its pretty high though.
Is there anything 120 meters tall in your town? I don't really see your point...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

jord wrote:

400 feet.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

ghettoperson wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

What? How the fuck does insurance work in the US? Or can you buy a 2008 Charger for 14,000?
Book value is different than what you pay from a dealer. Older cars match up better, but for a new car like a 2008, you have to take into account the dealers markup over the real book value when it's sold. Drive a car off the dealership lot and it instantly loses thousands of dollars in value.
-Frederick Bastiat
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

Anyone who would refer to a 2008 Dodge Charger as a "sports car" deserves to get their car crushed by a random dude falling from 40 stories onto its roof, just on principle alone.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada

FEOS wrote:

Anyone who would refer to a 2008 Dodge Charger as a "sports car" deserves to get their car crushed by a random dude falling from 40 stories onto its roof, just on principle alone.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5473|Ventura, California
What an asshole. You don't jump on somebody's car to kill yourself. That's selfish, if you're going to kill yourself you don't get other people involved with shit like this.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

JohnG@lt wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Book value is different than what you pay from a dealer. Older cars match up better, but for a new car like a 2008, you have to take into account the dealers markup over the real book value when it's sold. Drive a car off the dealership lot and it instantly loses thousands of dollars in value.
But that's gonna happen to everyone else with the car. So it's not like anyone else selling the car isn't going to have the same problem, so she should be able to buy one from the same year for the same money.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6107|Birmingham, UK
if you want to kill yourself just drink anti freeze or something, what if the fall breaks your spine or something, and then you can't even move
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Last I heard there were year-long waiting lists for Chargers, and the fact that the insurance doesn't cover the purchase of said car again...

Fuck I'd be pissed too!
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

You'd have to be a fucking idiot to expect a brand new car for your two year old one from an insurance company. Sounds like she's just a whining liberal asshole that expects Obama to give everything to her.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

ghettoperson wrote:

You'd have to be a fucking idiot to expect a brand new car for your two year old one from an insurance company. Sounds like she's just a whining liberal asshole that expects Obama to give everything to her.
Well, the loss is the same tbh, Buying a "only 2 year" used car is never the same as a 2 year old car you have had from new... e.g. you know the history of your own car...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-09-04 07:26:56)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6489|Gogledd Cymru

SEREVENT wrote:

if you want to kill yourself just drink anti freeze or something, what if the fall breaks your spine or something, and then you can't even move
Drink bleach.

E: Not you Arnott, just in general

Last edited by Surgeons (2010-09-04 07:30:22)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FloppY_ wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Well, the loss is the same tbh, Buying a "only 2 year" used car is never the same as a 2 year old car you have had from new... e.g. you know the history of your own car...
This.
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6479

FEOS wrote:

Heh... This really.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard