Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6684|NT, like Mick Dundee

So anybody here ever quit their job in a... Less than calm state?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5279|foggy bottom
Tu Stultus Es
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6678|BC, Canada
No, but I've quit with no job to go to and it felt great.
jsnipy
+3,276|6542|...

Yes, when i was 15 at a restaurant, called the manager a cocksucker in front of the kitchen. She said nothing, as it was true.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6641|London, England
No, I've always respected the fact that someone is employing me to do something and I'm getting paid to do it
Engineer_Fox
Has a horse outside
+48|5203|Hague City Firm - Holland
No. What's the piont, he made up his/her mind and so be it. Give'm a handshake, go home  and I go megafrenzyragefistfucking my door.
jsnipy
+3,276|6542|...

i did get fired from a telemarketing job when i was 17, we all left and got high
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Mekstizzle wrote:

No, I've always respected the fact that someone is employing me to do something and I'm getting paid to do it
Gl with that.

Respect your employer if he deserves it.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6642|Little Bentcock

Flecco wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Gl with that.

Respect your employer if he deserves it.
QUITTER!

:>
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6674

No, though I've wanted to very very very much.

It's better not to, though. You'll look back and regret it. Burning bridges may seem like the best option at the time, but it really isn't.

Many years ago I wanted to quit my shitty fastfood job and was pissed off all the time. So many days and nights I held in so much rage. I eventually quit, of course, but not in an angry profane manner. I still get free food when I stop by, to this day.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6642|Little Bentcock

mtb0minime wrote:

No, though I've wanted to very very very much.

It's better not to, though. You'll look back and regret it. Burning bridges may seem like the best option at the time, but it really isn't.

Many years ago I wanted to quit my shitty fastfood job and was pissed off all the time. So many days and nights I held in so much rage. I eventually quit, of course, but not in an angry profane manner. I still get free food when I stop by, to this day.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

mtb0minime wrote:

It's better not to, though. You'll look back and regret it.
$5 payrise and a better boss to do the same job.

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6674

Flecco wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

It's better not to, though. You'll look back and regret it.
$5 payrise and a better boss to do the same job.

New job, yes, better.

Rage quitting, no, not better.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5737|Vancouver, BC, Canada
I didn't rage-quit, but I called in to quit 4 hours before my shift washing dishes at a shitty restaurant. Was my second weekend working there.

Also quit an hour before my shift at another restaurant scrubbing pans, but it was opening night of the Olympics on the other side of town so he was actually happy because the place was deserted that night.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6568|San Diego, CA, USA
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5493|Ventura, California
I wouldn't ragequit my job. I like the job I have, but if I did ragequit I wouldn't want the bad rep from the previous employer when my next future employer seeks information.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6385|California
ask if you can suck his dick then quit with honor
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6714|The Ville
I quit one by not showing up for shifts and I quit another by walking out on the first night because the manager was a dick.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6674

Man, kids these days. I don't mean this as a personal insult, but I won't blame you if you get offended; and this is directed to a lot of the youngsters in here, not just a single person.

Grow the fuck up. Man the fuck up. Quitting on the first day, quitting because you don't like your manager or a co-worker. Fucking deal with it. That's life. I know I sound like an old man lecturing, but seriously, you need to have those kind of experiences and stop being such pussies. Harden up, stop being soft.
I want to post that picture (if I could find it) of the poster advising teens to move out since they hate their parents and become super successful at a young age while they still know it all, and shit like that.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5737|Vancouver, BC, Canada

mtb0minime wrote:

Man, kids these days. I don't mean this as a personal insult, but I won't blame you if you get offended; and this is directed to a lot of the youngsters in here, not just a single person.

Grow the fuck up. Man the fuck up. Quitting on the first day, quitting because you don't like your manager or a co-worker. Fucking deal with it. That's life. I know I sound like an old man lecturing, but seriously, you need to have those kind of experiences and stop being such pussies. Harden up, stop being soft.
I want to post that picture (if I could find it) of the poster advising teens to move out since they hate their parents and become super successful at a young age while they still know it all, and shit like that.
After I quit the first job, I did just that. The second one was even shittier than the first, but I needed the money so I manned the fuck up. I think with the first one I was just a tad on the young side (15) with no life experiences so getting dropped into this kitchen seriously sucked.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5605

mtb0minime wrote:

To be honest, there are plenty of older people who act like ingrates. Can't totally blame this on young people, it's a society wide thing.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6363
lol america.

German/Austrian work contracts have a period of notice, even if you "just" serve burgers, of at least a month. So no "cool" rage-quitting and walking out.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6125|eXtreme to the maX

Nic wrote:

No, but I've quit with no job to go to and it felt great.
Done that every job I've had, on reasonable terms though.

While ragequitting and insulting the boss may make you feel big for about ten seconds, being unable to get a decent reference makes you feel shit forever.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6714|The Ville

mtb0minime wrote:

I did that when I was young chill man I'm 27 and had the same job for 7 years now. Trust me it's not fun when your manager acts like his such a tough ass when I can beat him up. I know he's doing the right thing by being a dick but still,  THEY DONT HAVE TO TALK AT ME LIKE I'M 12 YEARS OLD !!! I knew after 3 hours I would just deal with stress and would not like that job with him acting like he had something up his a**.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6493|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Currently I'm working in a nice place so no need to quit. We get plenty of useless propaganda emails from some HR yokel which basically have the same style as any spam email or popup. WIN ALERT! XXXXXXXXX has just closed a deal with whatevercompany for whateveramount!!!!
If (and when ) I'll be winning milliyns in lottery, I'm gonna reply to one of those 'send all' emailing lists; WIN ALERT!!!11 I just won a couple million € on lotto, and now, I'm leaving this company. Adieu.

Now all I have to do is wait for that multimillion prize...

Gonna be a loooooooooooooong wait

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard