Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441

HaiBai wrote:

What are they?
you mean a 'standard' 4/4 rhythm?

im guessing by "straight drum beats" you're basically referring to a standard, on-time drum beat that underpins a rhythmic section . . .
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss uhnn tiss caht tiss
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5455|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Bevo wrote:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Straight+Drum+Beats
that was the first thing i did retard.  find me a link from google that defines what they are

Uzique wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

What are they?
you mean a 'standard' 4/4 rhythm?

im guessing by "straight drum beats" you're basically referring to a standard, on-time drum beat that underpins a rhythmic section . . .
I have no idea, that's why I'm asking.  Thanks.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441

watch 1-4 for an explanation of basic, straight drum-beats... 4/4 rhythm... eighths... etc.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
JahManRed
wank
+646|6599|IRELAND

The straightest is a 4/4. Simply put. 4 taps on the high hat to 1 tap on the snare. With the kick filing in on every second. When you start getting that down you can start varying the kick and the snare, but always keeping the 4/4 on the high hat

Sounds like you are going to learn. If so start off with the simple 4/4 and get your discipline down. IE the relationship between the snare, kick and high hat. Don't waste your time doing fills and shit. Might feel good, but unless you get your timing sorted first every fill will be out of time and sound shit to everyone else
In the beginning it is helpful to hum a tune as you play to give yourself some extra timing help until you get the hang of it.  I wouldn't recommend playing along with CDs at this stage as they can become a crutch for your timing and when you play with live musicians you will soon realise that they are keeping time with you and not you with them like the CD. Remember tho, that it is everyone in the bands responsibility to keep time! Its how you build confidence in your fellow musicians and yourself. Knowing that if you do stumble, the timing will continue.

The core skills of drumming like keeping time have to be natural and done without thinking before moving on to fills and para diddles.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard