mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6659

Besides, I'm sure there are much more important people who are closer to him who he's going to let know first, then get around to everyone else.
Like others have said, give it time. (And stop being insensitive).
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6502

so, i've been gone, and cba to read the OP - why are half the people dicks, and the other half patient? is this an age thing?
SamTheMan
­
+341|5146|Stoke, England

burnzz wrote:

so, i've been gone, and cba to read the OP - why are half the people dicks, and the other half patient? is this an age thing?
no, some people are just stupid
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6502

SamTheMan wrote:

burnzz wrote:

no, some people are just stupid
ah, thanks Sam - it's a temperament thing.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6475
i went to see my grandfather at his house today, he's doing alright. jesus christ, though, the operation really fucks up your body. i wouldn't ever want that done to me. imma respect my heart a little more from now on to save that grief.

hope your girl is doing well!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6475

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Surgeons wrote:

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but put yourself in his shoes, logging on here and telling us it went well/there were complications is the last thing he's thinking of now, especially if it's the latter case
But if we were important enough to him for him to ask for support..

w/e, maybe I'm being insensitive, but if you ask for prayers or w/e people are going to want to know the outcome was
yeah im sure when my children are ill and undergoing major treatment i'll be straight online to tell my forum friends and twitter followers how it happens, minute by minute. cause i mean, you know, it's so important. shut up you cock. if the reply hasn't come to 'satisfy' you yet, hit the 'back' button and check back in a week. stop being such a cunt.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Dieselboy
Flicker of beans since 1986
+87|6555|Reading, Basingrad
Hi everyone

I asked for a thought and I got more than I'd anticipated.... thank you all so much, maybe they were just words but they made me feel like someone had my back.

She had the op last wed at 11:30am, it lasted for 5 of the longest hours I've ever had to endure, the wife was in pieces and I wasn't much better.
We got a knock on the door at 4:30 and the Finnish surgeon just nodded and said one word "Perfect"......all I wanted to hear!

She spent the next 2 days on a ventilator in the Intensive Care Unit at Southampton and then was released to the high-care Cardiac unit.

Unfortunately after about a day we found that she had been retaining fluid in her lungs and abdomen so she was sedated and had to have it drained, she got rid of most of it but then her liver expanded so she's now on a cocktail of drugs to get that back to normal.

Earlier today she was transferred to Oxford Radcliffe Hospital so they can keep monitoring but they say she's now doing a lot better and she may be out next week!

I've just returned home to wash some clothes and get a decent nights sleep (haven't slept more than 2 hours a night since last tuesday!)

Thanks again guys......I'll let you know when she's out
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6502

sleep well, and we'll continue to have your back . . .
SamTheMan
­
+341|5146|Stoke, England
glad the op went well, good luck for the next week or so
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6475
yep, sleep well... all the best! the folks at oxford radcliffe are really good!
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6696|Devon, England
Great to hear
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6505|so randum
hope it keeps going well!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6112|Birmingham, UK
glad to hear it
jord
+2,382|6683|The North, beyond the wall.
Great news. Do sleep well.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6478|6 6 4 oh, I forget

PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6196|Roma
Fantastic. Glad it went well.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6654

Dieselboy wrote:

Hi everyone

I asked for a thought and I got more than I'd anticipated.... thank you all so much, maybe they were just words but they made me feel like someone had my back.

She had the op last wed at 11:30am, it lasted for 5 of the longest hours I've ever had to endure, the wife was in pieces and I wasn't much better.
We got a knock on the door at 4:30 and the Finnish surgeon just nodded and said one word "Perfect"......all I wanted to hear!

She spent the next 2 days on a ventilator in the Intensive Care Unit at Southampton and then was released to the high-care Cardiac unit.

Unfortunately after about a day we found that she had been retaining fluid in her lungs and abdomen so she was sedated and had to have it drained, she got rid of most of it but then her liver expanded so she's now on a cocktail of drugs to get that back to normal.

Earlier today she was transferred to Oxford Radcliffe Hospital so they can keep monitoring but they say she's now doing a lot better and she may be out next week!

I've just returned home to wash some clothes and get a decent nights sleep (haven't slept more than 2 hours a night since last tuesday!)

Both my aunt and uncle are cardiologists at Radcliffe.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5793|Catherine Black
Fantastic. \o/
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6475

ghettoperson wrote:

Dieselboy wrote:

Hi everyone

Both my aunt and uncle are cardiologists at Radcliffe.
my aunt is one of the overseeing matron/managers of the whole NHS region... \o/

my grandfather was also just at radcliffe after his quadruple bypass. it's a great place. bristol has better new facilities, though. but radcliffe's treatment and reputation is way up there.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6654

Dude I posted that as a interesting/relevant-ish to this thread type detail, not because I was looking for a "who has the most successful relatives" contest...
13rin
+977|6484
^this ought to be good.

@op:
Good stuff.  Be the rock for em'.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6475

ghettoperson wrote:

Dude I posted that as a interesting/relevant-ish to this thread type detail, not because I was looking for a "who has the most successful relatives" contest...
it was a "oh, what a coincidence!" thing, you fucking dolt. jesus h. christ.

lets have a public service contest! yayayayay
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6779|Noizyland

Keep us updated dude, our thoughts are still with you and Evie.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
ghettoperson
+1,943|6654

Uzique wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

it was a "oh, what a coincidence!" thing, you fucking dolt. jesus h. christ.

lets have a public service contest! yayayayay
k...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard