Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6519|San Diego, CA, USA
So I'm reading this article recounting the Town Hall meeting of a Democrat (former Republican),

http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=5029

and this line stood out:

Greeley Gazette wrote:

Regarding spending during his time in office he said, “We have managed to acquire $13 trillion of debt on our balance sheet” and, “in my view we have nothing to show for it.”
And realized that we really haven't gotten alot for all the money that we spent in the last recession.  Politicians say that we had to had spent all that money to divert a depression, but I'm not all that sure because in the UK right now they posted their fastest quarterly growth since 1999 while in the middle of bunch of austerity measures.

I have a sinking feeling that all this spending was just for a wash and that we didn't get much from it except a larger interest payment each year to service the debt.

What do you think?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Who's the most successful in this pic?

https://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3214/networthbankloanstudent.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Harmor wrote:

So I'm reading this article recounting the Town Hall meeting of a Democrat (former Republican),

and this line stood out:

Greeley Gazette wrote:

Regarding spending during his time in office he said, “We have managed to acquire $13 trillion of debt on our balance sheet” and, “in my view we have nothing to show for it.”
And realized that we really haven't gotten alot for all the money that we spent in the last recession.  Politicians say that we had to had spent all that money to divert a depression, but I'm not all that sure because in the UK right now they posted their fastest quarterly growth since 1999 while in the middle of bunch of austerity measures.

I have a sinking feeling that all this spending was just for a wash and that we didn't get much from it except a larger interest payment each year to service the debt.

What do you think?
I think you've made a lot of Arabs very rich.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686

AussieReaper wrote:

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3214 … tudent.jpg
idiotic... like most of your comments
Love is the answer
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686

Dilbert_X wrote:

Harmor wrote:

and this line stood out:

Greeley Gazette wrote:

What do you think?
I think you've made a lot of Arabs very rich.
nothing to do with arabs America hater...

Last edited by Catbox (2010-08-29 02:53:11)

Love is the answer
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Palin/Beck '012

edit: it should be, "nothing to do with arabs, america hater"  -dilbert's distilled, unadulterated, immane hatred for all things pertaining to America is bested only by his obsene, driven passion for the lady gaga.  the dichotomy is vexing....it vexes me to the brink of madness.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2010-08-29 03:12:09)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686

Reciprocity wrote:

Palin/Beck '012

edit: it should be, "nothing to do with arabs, america hater"
Glad you understood... i know you are a little slow.
and yes we will take back our great country from you bitter
anti-American people...   Obamonics failed... back to hard work
and personal responsibility.
Love is the answer
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Catbox wrote:

back to hard work
lol, yes, that's whats been missing these past 19 months.

palin/beck '012
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6324

Reciprocity wrote:

Catbox wrote:

back to hard work

palin/beck '012
I don't know about Beck but Palin is pretty impressive if you research her stats.

I listen to Beck, he puts out a lot of information but his Ideas are mostly spiritual, am I wrong ?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Catbox wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

https://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9776/facepalmj.gif
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5931|Places 'n such

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

Catbox wrote:

back to hard work

palin/beck '012
I don't know about Beck but Palin is pretty impressive if you research her stats.

I listen to Beck, he puts out a lot of information but his Ideas are mostly spiritual, am I wrong ?
Just googled "sarah palin stats" and found this on one of the first links.
https://htmlimg4.scribdassets.com/52oq77fbrloel6o/images/4-893bc68700/000.png
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Catbox wrote:

Palin/Beck '012
Obamonics failed... back to hard work
Erm, what do you mean by 'back' ?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Dilbert_X wrote:

Catbox wrote:

Palin/Beck '012
If repubs are gonna choose palin and beck theyre fucked. palin made mccain lose a lot of votes.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Cybargs wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Catbox wrote:

Palin/Beck '012
If repubs are gonna choose palin and beck theyre fucked. palin made mccain lose a lot of votes.
McCain wasn't exactly a winner to begin with.

Palin/Beck - I really believe they could be stupid enough to do it. Should be fun to watch.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6324
It was almost like McCain threw the Election.

The Media was so Hot for obama and covering up all his stink he was going to win no matter what.

No candidate wanted to taint himself with a loss so no viable candidate ran against him.

McCain does not represent conservatives.

As to trash Palin web sites - BFD - if that's were you get your information God Help You - I will come out of this On Top - Always do !

Ask Palin how many states there are ! Can you imagine obama at Bastogne 1944 ?

Halt who goes there ? How many states are there in the U.S.A.  ?

"Ahh Umm Ahhh ugh Err Ahh " No Tele-Prompter

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-08-29 06:41:10)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

No candidate wanted to taint himself with a loss so no viable candidate ran against him.
Yeah, that's why McCain lost.

Or maybe because he chose a retard as a VP.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Can you imagine obama at Bastogne 1944 ?
Can't really picture Bush or Cheney there either, since they were draft-dodgers, or Palin, since she's a woman.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6713|Reality
to say you have nothing to show for your debt...

you have several thousand dead soldiers
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Phrozenbot
+632|6586|do not disturb

Poseidon wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Yeah, that's why McCain lost.

Or maybe because he chose a retard as a VP.
http://www.takimag.com/blogs/article/jo … stitution/
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina

Catbox wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

It's true though...  Debt in and of itself isn't a bad thing on a personal level -- up to a certain point.  Granted, I would argue debt functions quite differently with regard to GDP and government spending.
Turquoise
O Canada

Catbox wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

Palin/Beck '012

Correction...  Reaganomics didn't work.

If you want true fiscal conservatism, you have to cut back on military interventionism, phase out SS, end pork, restrict the influence of lobbyism, and properly regulate the financial sector.

Cutting taxes while increasing government spending is what got us where we are now, and both parties have been guilty of fucking the system.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Turquoise wrote:

Catbox wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

Palin/Beck '012

If you want true fiscal conservatism, you have to cut back on military interventionism, phase out SS, end pork, restrict the influence of lobbyism, and properly regulate the financial sector.

Cutting taxes while increasing government spending is what got us where we are now, and both parties have been guilty of fucking the system.
Properly regulate the financial sector... you always say this. Give an example of what you think is a good regulation.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Catbox wrote:

Properly regulate the financial sector... you always say this. Give an example of what you think is a good regulation.
Limit the leveraging ratio, and ban certain derivatives.  I know you're against the second part though.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Limit the leveraging ratio, and ban certain derivatives.  I know you're against the second part though.
Why limit the leveraging ratio? Why ban certain derivatives? Which derivatives?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6519|San Diego, CA, USA
Reaganomics and its principles were never properly implemented (remember we had a Democratic congress all though the Regean administration - thanks Tip O'neal).  And because of it spending, as you noted, increased unabated.  (NOTE: Spending increased too under Bush so I'm not suggesting that Republicans are innocent here - RINOs are the problem).

And a review for those not familiar with Reagonomic Principles:
  • Reduce government spending,
  • Reduce income and capital gains marginal tax rates,
  • Reduce government regulation
  • Control the money supply to reduce inflation.

Now obviously we didn't follow or implement those principles. 

One note, I'm for responsibly spending for the military to protect our country; if we don't have security we don't have much of a country (look at Mexico for an example).

Last edited by Harmor (2010-08-29 09:18:34)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard