Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6404|dm_maidenhead

Uzique wrote:

Peter wrote:

Why not? She suffered the death of a loved one. If they can't prove she had knowledge or information regarding the attacks before they took place then she should be entitled to equal compensation.
this post is based on the assumption that somebody is owed compensation by 'x' party or the state for the death of a loved one.

consider for just a moment how retarded that precedent would be?

civil legal proceedings seek to rectify a 'harm done' or to remunerate a party that has suffered pecuniary losses.

there are neither in this case, and thus it'll be thrown out faster than the daily mail can whittle off a 'witty' racist pun.

/thread.
I already said that i didn't think the government should be paying out to anyone.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6132|Carnoustie MASSIF

eleven bravo wrote:

no more than jews/christians/etc

I like zoroaster myself
Yeah, tbh, I see all religion as the same.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5915|...

Ugh...are you really going to take this debate...THERE?
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6404|dm_maidenhead

CammRobb wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

I like zoroaster myself

CammRobb wrote:

That's right, cause Islam is a pretty cool religion, great beliefs, fantastic values on life.
CammRobb
Banned

Peter wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

I like zoroaster myself

CammRobb wrote:

That's right, cause Islam is a pretty cool religion, great beliefs, fantastic values on life.
Stop trying to troll. Just beacuse I said something about one religion doesn't mean I dont think it about all. Fuck off Peter.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

CammRobb wrote:

Uzique wrote:

the answer is because she's a dirty muslim whose 'moron' husband clearly had the wrong religious beliefs and attitudes.

camm reads the daily mail... these latent, inherent racist attitudes are to be expected.

all the while calling other people 'morons'... i love it when british tabloid readers think they have a nose to look down!
camm don't post in D&ST if all you want to do is show us what an ignorant fucking moron you are.

we all already know that.

keep reading the daily mail and the sun though and thinking they're delivering analytical lectures on the Koran

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6132|North Tonawanda, NY

Uzique wrote:

the answer is because she's a dirty muslim whose 'moron' husband clearly had the wrong religious beliefs and attitudes.

camm reads the daily mail... these latent, inherent racist attitudes are to be expected.

all the while calling other people 'morons'... i love it when british tabloid readers think they have a nose to look down!
Of course, they all lost a loved one...but if a loved one decided to blow people up, go on a multiple murder suicide spree, etc...I'd say that it's pretty tough to consider their family as victims on the same level.  Of course, I don't think any of them should get government money.

Would anyone really feel that the family of an armed robber killed in the execution of his crime are victims as well?
CammRobb
Banned

Uzique wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

Uzique wrote:

camm don't post in D&ST if all you want to do is show us what an ignorant fucking moron you are.

we all already know that.

keep reading the daily mail and the sun though and thinking they're delivering analytical lectures on the Koran

But... I don't read The Sun.

Just beacuse I feel strongly about Islam doesn't mean I'm ignorant and mornic.

Edit: uzique don't post in D&ST if all you want to do is show us how you can insult people instead of debate properly

Last edited by CammRobb (2010-08-26 09:13:25)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
ah, the sun too low-brow and plebeian for you? okay!

and no, im sure your views on islam are well-educated, intelligent, reasonable and rational... and not at all "mornic"

dude you barely have any school qualifications, don't try and tell me/us you know SHIT about islam.

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6404|dm_maidenhead

CammRobb wrote:

Peter wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

Stop trying to troll. Just beacuse I said something about one religion doesn't mean I dont think it about all. Fuck off Peter.
Yes it does. Or you would have said: "religions are pretty cool, great beliefs, fantastic values on life.".
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
camm you are setting yourself up for a massive clobbering here
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
CammRobb
Banned

SenorToenails wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Of course, they all lost a loved one...but if a loved one decided to blow people up, go on a multiple murder suicide spree, etc...I'd say that it's pretty tough to consider their family as victims on the same level.  Of course, I don't think any of them should get government money.

Would anyone really feel that the family of an armed robber killed in the execution of his crime are victims as well?
"But the move will anger bereaved families, who do not want the deaths of the terrorists included in the same inquest as the 52 innocents whose lives they took."

This is exactly what it's about. This can't be argued with!
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6697|NJ
I think the Law was to be made to protect and serve the people. This is just an other way our current legal system is dreadfully wrong. She'll probably win and get a payout due to this mans actions, but even looking to seek any compensation should be punishable and I wouldn't be surprised if she gets murdered. The lawyer should be tried and punished as well. We have people with small amounts of drugs get jail time, yet the widow of a bomber gets a reward.

Also how could you not know?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
and camm if you think linking a racist tabloid and then whittling off some shit about 'islam' is a "debate", then GOD FUCKING HELP YOU, son. ive already addressed the legal matter according to english civil law's ruling precedent on compensation and pecuniary remuneration-- which is a damn sight more 'serious' and 'debate' worthy than anything you have contributed on the matter. you know nothing about the law on the subject and you obviously don't know shit about islam... so why bother to pull the "you're not debating properly!" card. shut up.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

Wouldn't really make any sense for her to get compensation. I can't imagine there's legal precedent that would back up her side; has the family of someone shot by the police whilst engaging in a murderous rampage received compensation? I wouldn't think so.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6132|North Tonawanda, NY

CammRobb wrote:

"But the move will anger bereaved families, who do not want the deaths of the terrorists included in the same inquest as the 52 innocents whose lives they took."

This is exactly what it's about. This can't be argued with!
Sometimes, the opinions of the those effected are what should be avoided.  They have a clouded view.  I usually reject arguments that end with 'You'd feel different if it happened to you!' because they mean I'd need to lose objectivity to understand their argument, which is foolish.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
somehow i just knew this thread would be an excuse for ignorant, uneducated bigots to parrot right-wing tabloid opinion...

perhaps the 'sensationalist' topic title set the tone for the rest of the 'discussion' . . .
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6404|dm_maidenhead
Out of interest. What % of the population aren't white up in Carnoustie?
CammRobb
Banned

Peter wrote:

Out of interest. What % of the population aren't white up in Carnoustie?
Don't have a fucking clue. Probably less than 5%
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
fucking n***ers in my country taking my jobs and sponging off the benefits that i should be entitled to, alone...
CammRobb
Banned

Uzique wrote:

fucking n***ers in my country taking my jobs and sponging off the benefits that i should be entitled to, alone...
yeah that's exactly my thoughts
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6404|dm_maidenhead

CammRobb wrote:

Uzique wrote:

yeah that's exactly my thoughts
But you have to remember people can't read your thoughts online. They can only go by your posts.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6697|NJ

ghettoperson wrote:

Wouldn't really make any sense for her to get compensation. I can't imagine there's legal precedent that would back up her side; has the family of someone shot by the police whilst engaging in a murderous rampage received compensation? I wouldn't think so.
You might be wrong on that? Not a 100% sure, but I'm sure there have been lawsuits in regards to this.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
which are incredibly stupid.

camm, please substantiate your views on islam with an objective, reasoned analysis of their theology and practice.

seeing as you want to engage in 'proper debate', i see this as the obvious next-step in your rationalisation.

thanks in advance for the insights
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6404|dm_maidenhead
Did you pm uzique too? Or just me?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard