unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

stryyker wrote:

i would prefer to be a warrant officer, they need skill to obtain
Yes...but wouldn't that confuse the heck out of most Battlefield players...

I'm tempted to just stick with aiming for an eventual Colonel over the next few years. It's a good rank.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-02-14 23:05:28)

Heffty
+9|6759|Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I think they should but the veteren badges in there somewhere too.
jjrp02
+18|6639|Baton Rouge, LA, USA
getting those genreal ranks will be rediculously hard especially with the expert vehicle badges
pauli
+0|6639
i think that's the idea.
jjrp02
+18|6639|Baton Rouge, LA, USA

pauli wrote:

i think that's the idea.
but it would be VERY time consuming.....

60 Hours in Ground Defense...
100 Hours in AA
400 in Armor
300 in Air
400 in Heli
150 in transport...

that's a LOOOOOOOOT of time
RebelCorvette
+-1|6675
I thought i was supposed to get a free rank with the patch? everyone else did....why cant i? my bf2 is bugged I guess, I should be sgt major of the corps at 10000 points right? yeah!

(yes this was sarcasm, hoping maybe, just maybe, if someone didn't understand before, they might now)
edit: and no, smotc is not a 10000 pt rank, if you believed that, re-read the entire post

Anyway, new ranks look good, it's about time that they attempted to seperate the players with just a high global score from the players that have the ability to play ALL kits and ALL vehicles well. just my 2cents

Last edited by RebelCorvette (2006-02-15 00:01:44)

WormGuts
+17|6786|Dayton, Ohio
they've lowered the point requirements for 2nd lt and 1st lt.  so to go from 1st sgt (20k) to sgt mjr (50k) is 30k points.  however to go from sgt mjr (50k) to 2nd lt (60k) only 10k points needed then only another 15k to get to 1st lt (75k).  heh well done EA...great mathmatical progression...no wonder i'm seeing majors tonight.
shadowdark1974
+0|6656|San Diego
You all know what In the core. there is but ONE SARGENT MAJOR OF THE CORPS. And there should only ever be one at a time. I this case going to the BEST over all player of the Sargent Major (E-9) rank. Eather in the ladder or for that month! else get rid of that Rank and the honer that it is!
CrimsonFury
+1|6771
IMO the brigadeer and Major General badge requirements should be the other way around. Many top players already have all the expert combat badges, but non have all the expert vehicle\turret badges.

When they do finannly get them they will skip straight to major general ^_^. If the requirements were the other way around we would at least see some 1 star generals around now.
Detgonzo
+0|6808
I personnally think that you should have to have all Veterans badges to reach the rank of Captain to Colonel. Would set you up for next ranks and show the versatility that is ment to be achieved in game. There would not have been so many people ranked straight to Colonel if that was the requirments. Do it like the requirments for First Sgt. And Sergeant Major. Vet Badge for all kits to get Captain. All Vet Badges to achieve Lt. Colonel
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

If they really wanted to tick people off, they'd require a WCR to get to brig. gen.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6819|Australia
yeah but alot of the top 50 have that
schakl
+21|6681
They also screwed up the BFHQ advancement bar again. It is full saying: next rank First Sergeant.
And nothing happens (> 20k without badges at 20k).

Last edited by schakl (2006-02-16 01:48:23)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Overall, I think EA puts too much emphasis on time-played, rather than skill, for its awards. I cannot foresee myself spending 60 hours on ground defense just to get a badge.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard