Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England
Again, this would be a complete non-issue if the Port Authority had not wasted nine years arguing over the construction of the Freedom Tower.

If this:
https://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/12/12/alg_ground_zero.jpg

Instead looked like this:
https://www.say-cheese.nl/images/freedom_tower.jpg

Would we be having this argument? Would it be national news? No. People have turned the Ground Zero (a hole in the ground) into a goddamn shrine. It's time to move on people.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
Why don't you answer the question, how far away would it have to be to be deemed acceptable in your eyes? Let's see how trivial you're being here, what kind of distance would it have to be? You can use feet, miles, hectares or whatever.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d

Mekstizzle wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

we're supposed to be conducting a police operation to bring in Osama Bin Laden for trial.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world … 31436.html
After a week of debilitating strikes at targets across Afghanistan, the Taliban repeated an offer to hand over Osama bin Laden, only to be rejected by President Bush.
The offer yesterday from Haji Abdul Kabir, the Taliban's deputy prime minister, to surrender Mr bin Laden if America would halt its bombing and provide evidence against the Saudi-born dissident was not new but it suggested the Taliban are increasingly weary of the air strikes, which have crippled much of their military and communications assets.
Mr Bush said. "We know he's guilty. Turn him over. There's no need to discuss innocence or guilt."
-----------------------
I remember hearing something like this.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
The thing is Galt, to people like Brinson... Ground Zero still looks like this all the way in Florida.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Zm6JXvXXze4/TGgAJacKGQI/AAAAAAAAMuk/eN77T7O33H4/s1600/GroundZeroMosquelocation.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Mekstizzle wrote:

Why don't you answer the question, how far away would it have to be to be deemed acceptable in your eyes? Let's see how trivial you're being here, what kind of distance would it have to be? You can use feet, miles, hectares or whatever.
https://i.bnet.com/blogs/its_a_trap.jpg
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I wonder how many of them are paid protesters (on both sides).
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6481

Mekstizzle wrote:

The thing is Galt, to people like Brinson... Ground Zero still looks like this all the way in Florida.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Zm6JXvXXze4/T … cation.jpg
And to you, it's a cartoon.

The distance is trivial.  It's bad form, dirty pool to build a community center that close.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone

JohnG@lt wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Stupid, inaccurate cartoon to be honest.  For fucks sake look at a map instead of a cartoon for facts. It as fucking ground zero as it gets.
So you know this because you left your home in Florida and visited the place? Have you ever even been to Ground Zero? If you had, you'd know that 3 city blocks is about a ten minute walk. That's hardly right on top of it.
You walk mother fucking slow brutha.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

The distance is trivial.  It's bad form, dirty pool to build a community center that close.
Yes, but what is more important? The Constitution, or what some angry mob of people wants?
-Frederick Bastiat
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d

DBBrinson1 wrote:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Zm6JXvXXze4/T … nggear.jpg
Landing gear taken from the first plane that hit the towers which crashed through the roof at said sight.

Let's see some more fucking cartoons though.
Comparatively speaking; I hope you were not trying to achieve an emotive trigger with that engine picture.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DrunkFace wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Stupid, inaccurate cartoon to be honest.  For fucks sake look at a map instead of a cartoon for facts. It as fucking ground zero as it gets.
So you know this because you left your home in Florida and visited the place? Have you ever even been to Ground Zero? If you had, you'd know that 3 city blocks is about a ten minute walk. That's hardly right on top of it.
You walk mother fucking slow brutha.
Fuck you, honkey!
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX

loubot wrote:

Well if the World Trade Center site aka "ground zero" was truly sacred as people make it out to be, then the site should of been converted into a memorial park instead of commercialized property for leasing buildings. For those emotional people who are distraught over this, blame greed not religion.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

loubot wrote:

Well if the World Trade Center site aka "ground zero" was truly sacred as people make it out to be, then the site should of been converted into a memorial park instead of commercialized property for leasing buildings. For those emotional people who are distraught over this, blame greed not religion.
It's not greed, it's simply refusing to be locked into a state of mourning for infinity. Fuck shrines. Move on.
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6481

mafia996630 wrote:

Comparatively speaking; I hope you were not trying to achieve an emotive trigger with that engine picture.
Er, no. And it's a part of the landing gear WHICH CRASHED THROUGH THE BUILDING where the mosque is supposed to be built.

JohnG@lt wrote:

Yes, but what is more important? The Constitution, or what some angry mob of people wants?
I don't care what the Muslims want?  I do get the Constitution argument.  I just think that this great 'religion of peace' should show some 'respect'.

@ galt.  I count 2 city blocks away & no I haven't visited NY (in ages) or ground zero -does that invalidate my opinion?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DBBrinson1 wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

Er, no. And it's a part of the landing gear WHICH CRASHED THROUGH THE BUILDING where the mosque is supposed to be built.

JohnG@lt wrote:

I don't care what the Muslims want?  I do get the Constitution argument.  I just think that this great 'religion of peace' should show some 'respect'.

@ galt.  I count 2 city blocks away & no I haven't visited NY (in ages) or ground zero -does that invalidate my opinion?
Doesn't invalidate it, just makes me wonder why you care about a place so much that you will never visit. It's kind of like New York City people ranting and raving about the need to turn more of Alaska into protected refuges.
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6481

JohnG@lt wrote:

Doesn't invalidate it, just makes me wonder why you care about a place so much that you will never visit. It's kind of like New York City people ranting and raving about the need to turn more of Alaska into protected refuges.
I will visit.  Honestly, I didn't care until the educated elitist arguments came out (http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 3#p3166823).  However, since I've decided to be against it.... just because.

Ah... I have been to Alaska and I'm not so sure it need more protected refuges.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DBBrinson1 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I will visit.  Honestly, I didn't care until the educated elitist arguments came out (http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 3#p3166823).  However, since I've decided to be against it.... just because.

Ah... I have been to Alaska and I'm not so sure it need more protected refuges.
That's rational
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6481

DBBrinson1 wrote:

However, since I've decided to be against it.... just because.

JG wrote:

That's rational
Its dirty pool -that's all.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney

JohnG@lt wrote:

It's time to move on people.
It had to be said eventually, and now is probably the time.
mikkel
+383|6603

DBBrinson1 wrote:

What?

https://shinn.me/pictures/perm/Ground-Zero-Mosque-the-dumbest-controversy-in-the-history-of-mankind.jpg
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.

JohnG@lt wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Are either particularly important in the grand scheme of things?
mikkel
+383|6603

jord wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Is that a serious question?
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d

mikkel wrote:

jord wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Stop trolling jord.
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.

mafia996630 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

jord wrote:

Stop trolling jord.
Ironic irony.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d

jord wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Stop trolling jord.
Ironic irony.
Are either particularly important in the grand scheme of things ?
funny shit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard