mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6718|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

.Sup wrote:

If I were American I wouldn't object to mosques being built but I would object to the location where it is being built. I don't think the location is appropriate. It should be farther away from where the two towers stood.
I think this is the position of most Americans.  You just don't hear about it in the media because there isn't much of a news story in it.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina

Phrozenbot wrote:

When the Jewish Temple existed, only a Jewish high priest was allowed into the holy of holies. It was a commanded by God.
True, insanity is not limited to Islam.  Religion in general subjects humanity to a rather vast array of absurdities.
Turquoise
O Canada

Jaekus wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Good question...  The main excuse I've heard is that the whole place is holy.  Wahhabists have a very strict interpretation of Islam that makes Mecca the sort of place where only Muslims are welcome.

Islam is ok overall, but Wahhabism/Salafism is pretty crazy in a lot of respects.
I heard the exact same thing, holy place where, only holy people are welcomed? Who are we then? I mean we were all made by (the same) God right? I haven't heard Christians forbid Muslims to enter their church (or other holy places) yet.
Just because one has their set of laws and rules doesn't automatically mean everyone has to do the same. I'm pretty sure I'm not really allowed to enter a lot of the Vatican.
On the other hand, certain rules tell us quite a lot about the mental faculties of those who choose to actually believe and follow them.

The Mormons also have some absurd rules similar to this regarding their churches.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

All but the most devout Mormons are more laid back than that. The churches have become nothing more than a place to show off how nifty your family is, smile beatifically, engage in uneducated debate with semi-knowledgeable volunteer staff and arrange muffin parties.
Turquoise
O Canada

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

All but the most devout Mormons are more laid back than that. The churches have become nothing more than a place to show off how nifty your family is, smile beatifically, engage in uneducated debate with semi-knowledgeable volunteer staff and arrange muffin parties.
Fair point...  No religion other than Islam has managed to make an entire city off limits to those outside of the faith.  That's going the extra mile for absurdity.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Hence why you shouldn't let the clergy get in the way of your faith ... organized religion with priests and whatnot putting themselves above the people is clearly against Gods will if you interpret his words "correctly"

No God never wrote anything, no religious book is to be taken literally, it's the reading between the lines and grasping the ethics and moral that are important ...

If you read the stories in the bible or Quran or Torah etc etc you will find similar stories ... heck even 3/4 of the NT is so close in both wording and story-style it's clear they copied each other ... on some issues they even contradict each other in a way that grave translation errors tends to do ...

The OT bares remarkable similarities to the ancient texts from Mesopotamia ...

Basically it's the same God we all believe in, both Christians, Muslims, Jews etc etc etc ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d
The moment an angry crowd protesting against Ground Zero mosque turns on man in a skullcap... because they think he is a Muslim

This is the terrifying moment a man is verbally abused because a crowd demonstrating against plans to build a mosque near New York's Ground Zero believe he is a Muslim.

The powerfully built black man who is wearing a type of hat similar to that worn by Muslim men is called a 'coward' and verbally abused by some opponents to the mosque.

Telling them that he does not practice Islam and that they 'don't know why I'm here', the man - identified as a carpenter called Kenny - is eventually saved by the intervention of two men.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne … uslim.html

Funny Article. Shows the beginnings of the EDL (English Defence League)and other like groups.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Both EDL and similar groups use "the cause" as justification to kick some ass, EDL is just a group of former hooligans looking for trouble scoring cheap "political" points with a very simplified view of things ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d

Varegg wrote:

Both EDL and similar groups use "the cause" as justification to kick some ass, EDL is just a group of former hooligans looking for trouble scoring cheap "political" points with a very simplified view of things ...
I would agree with you, however my point is that a lot of people justify the EDL in a similar way.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

mafia996630 wrote:

The moment an angry crowd protesting against Ground Zero mosque turns on man in a skullcap... because they think he is a Muslim

This is the terrifying moment a man is verbally abused because a crowd demonstrating against plans to build a mosque near New York's Ground Zero believe he is a Muslim.

The powerfully built black man who is wearing a type of hat similar to that worn by Muslim men is called a 'coward' and verbally abused by some opponents to the mosque.

Telling them that he does not practice Islam and that they 'don't know why I'm here', the man - identified as a carpenter called Kenny - is eventually saved by the intervention of two men.

Funny Article. Shows the beginnings of the EDL (English Defence League)and other like groups.
Sounds similar to an anecdote I posted in the old thread.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

mafia996630 wrote:

I guarantee that none of those protesters had the courage to fight in Iraq or Afghanistan. Pussies.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6481
Which means they're not allow to have an opinion or demonstrate?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DBBrinson1 wrote:

If they are this angry, and are so convinced that all Muslims are their enemy, they should sign up for the military. Put their money where their mouth is.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d

JohnG@lt wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

If they are this angry, and are so convinced that all Muslims are their enemy, they should sign up for the military. Put their money where their mouth is.
So your saying the war is more about killing Muslims (for the soldiers), rather then actual "evil people" ? 

lulz.

Last edited by mafia996630 (2010-08-24 05:51:26)

13rin
+977|6481

JohnG@lt wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

How do you know some of them haven't?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
https://politicsreport.com/sites/default/files/images/Ground-Zero-Mosque-the-dumbest-controversy-in-the-history-of-mankind.jpg
Turquoise
O Canada
Agreed...  although it's kind of similar to the Mohammed cartoon controversy.  There was an older South Park episode with Mohammed in it that no one made a big deal about, but the more recent episode with Mohammed is the one that everyone shit a brick over.

Last edited by Turquoise (2010-08-24 06:11:31)

Turquoise
O Canada

DBBrinson1 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

How do you know some of them haven't?
There are probably a good amount of people who joined the military after 9/11 specifically to kill Muslims.  It's pretty scary to contemplate.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

mafia996630 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

So your saying the war is more about killing Muslims (for the soldiers), rather then actual "evil people" ? 

lulz.
No, I never said that. Many of them actually believe that though. They sit in church and listen to their pastor rail against Muslims and their evilness.

And Brinson, maybe a handful have, but anyone who has actually had contact with Muslims outside of story books knows they aren't all bad people. We aren't at war with Islam, we're supposed to be conducting a police operation to bring in Osama Bin Laden for trial.
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6481
Stupid, inaccurate cartoon to be honest.  For fucks sake look at a map instead of a cartoon for facts. It as fucking ground zero as it gets.

*edit: G@al.  I;m not against islam.  Build a mosque where ever, just not on the rubble of the WTC.  Actually this cleric has ties to CAIR which has ties to hammas.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2010-08-24 06:27:00)

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Mob mentality like that isn't really what I call "opinion" when they're all following the herd. You can interchange the word opinion for demonstrate in that sentence.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Edited for importance:
https://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb139/winterkiss42/Ground-Zero-Mosque-the-dumbest-controversy-in-the-history-of-mankind.jpg
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Stupid, inaccurate cartoon to be honest.  For fucks sake look at a map instead of a cartoon for facts. It as fucking ground zero as it gets.
So you know this because you left your home in Florida and visited the place? Have you ever even been to Ground Zero? If you had, you'd know that 3 city blocks is about a ten minute walk. That's hardly right on top of it.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-08-24 06:28:30)

-Frederick Bastiat
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England

JohnG@lt wrote:

we're supposed to be conducting a police operation to bring in Osama Bin Laden for trial.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world … 31436.html
After a week of debilitating strikes at targets across Afghanistan, the Taliban repeated an offer to hand over Osama bin Laden, only to be rejected by President Bush.
The offer yesterday from Haji Abdul Kabir, the Taliban's deputy prime minister, to surrender Mr bin Laden if America would halt its bombing and provide evidence against the Saudi-born dissident was not new but it suggested the Taliban are increasingly weary of the air strikes, which have crippled much of their military and communications assets.
Mr Bush said. "We know he's guilty. Turn him over. There's no need to discuss innocence or guilt."
-----------------------

DBBrinson1 wrote:

*edit: G@al.  I;m not against islam.  Build a mosque where ever, just not on the rubble of the WTC.  Actually this cleric has ties to CAIR which has ties to hammas.
So how far away would it have to be for it to be deemed acceptable to society?

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-08-24 06:30:05)

13rin
+977|6481
Less than 2 football fields away.
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Zm6JXvXXze4/TGgAJacKGQI/AAAAAAAAMuk/eN77T7O33H4/s1600/GroundZeroMosquelocation.jpg

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Zm6JXvXXze4/TGgAP3DVImI/AAAAAAAAMus/W98Ma3B_N6M/s1600/GroundZeroMosquelandinggear.jpg
Landing gear taken from the first plane that hit the towers which crashed through the roof at said sight.

Let's see some more fucking cartoons though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard