Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6426|North Carolina

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

a. A Muslim imam is trying to get a mosque built at ground Zero.
It's basically an Islamic YMCA, not a true mosque.

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

b. Gay marrige was voted down by the people in California and is being reinstated by the Court system against their will.
True, the courts do that sometimes -- like with the racial integration of schools.

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

He has. on at least two known occasions referred to his Faith as Muslim only to be corrected twice by his interviewers.
Sources please.

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Wrong. They are a News Organization - Not Opinion Editorial like michael moore. They would be sued if they Did.
Fox is actually very editorial in much of its coverage.  Granted, so are a lot of other media organizations, but sue cases are usually only present when a strong case can be made for things like defamation.

Last edited by Turquoise (2010-08-22 11:44:51)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6641|London, England
You guys are silly with your whole 'Obama is a Muslim because that's how they do it'

So under Sharia law Obama is a Muslim and there's nothing he can do about it, fair enough. What about under American law? lol, I wasn't aware that Sharia took precedence in the US over domestic American law. I guess you rednecks see more in common with Sharia than domestic

It doesn't really mean anything, maybe once the Muslims take over the US as you all fear so much they'll install Sharia and then you can finally be right about Obama being a Muslim.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5279|foggy bottom
sue cases? lol

lawsuits baboso
Tu Stultus Es
Dr.PhiL
Danmark
+30|6690|Up North
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5378|London, England
So how many of you would vote based on a persons religion?

Would you vote for a Jew?

Would you vote for an atheist?

Would you vote for a Muslim?

What about a Hindu?

What about it shouldn't fucking matter what a persons religion is when deciding if they are fit to be President? As long as they aren't trying to elevate one religion above the rest, they're doing their fucking job.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-08-22 12:49:59)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6520|so randum
ye but obama weighed in and said the ny mosque is ok he's with them
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FatherTed wrote:

zomg! He upheld the Constitution in the face of an angry mob! How dare he!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Benzin
+576|6019

JohnG@lt wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

totally with John on this one
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5258|Cleveland, Ohio
i wonder what the chances of me opening a KKK office next door would be....
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6375

11 Bravo wrote:

pretty good if it would benefit the democrats ( see Byrd )
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5199|Sydney

11 Bravo wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

I hear they made up 9-11 ......

but of course CNN never lies
funny thing is i rarely watch the news but since so many people cry about fox i leave the cable box tuned to fox news when i turn the tv off so it gets the ratings counted just to piss the cry babies off.
Cause your one tv set in a few hundred million is really going to stick it to those who collect the ratings...
11 Bravo
Banned
nope just doing my part
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5199|Sydney

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

pretty good if it would benefit the democrats, except it's more of a republican thing if anything ( see Byrd )
fixt
11 Bravo
Banned

Jaekus wrote:

im a troll
fxt
jord
+2,382|6699|The North, beyond the wall.
Even if your tv registered as a million ratings what's the point? The general concencus by anyone with a tad of intellect is fox its the worst smelling, watery dump in a big pile of shit. Fox is laughable, moreso than the other turds that make up the us media.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

CapnNismo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

totally with John on this one
You agreeing with me does more to undermine my position than aid it...
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

jord wrote:

Even if your tv registered as a million ratings what's the point? The general concencus by anyone with a tad of intellect is fox its the worst smelling, watery dump in a big pile of shit. Fox is laughable, moreso than the other turds that make up the us media.
It's not how ratings are collected anyway. You need a Nielsen box. There's no way to count anyone without the box towards the ratings a channel/show gets.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned
yep got the lovely little postcard and envelope from them last year
jord
+2,382|6699|The North, beyond the wall.

JohnG@lt wrote:

jord wrote:

It's not how ratings are collected anyway. You need a Nielsen box. There's no way to count anyone without the box towards the ratings a channel/show gets.
What are the benefits to having this box?

Other than being able to artificially inflate ratings for sub par programming by a factor of 1?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

jord wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

jord wrote:

Other than being able to artificially inflate ratings for sub par programming by a factor of 1?
Free cable. It's a pain in the ass though. Every time someone enters or leaves the room it asks how many people are currently watching tv. Does the same thing when a new show starts as well. So, if you have a dog or a kid that has ADD and is constantly on the move I'm sure it's a nightmare

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-08-22 15:59:56)

-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5606

JohnG@lt wrote:

jord wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Free cable. It's a pain in the ass though. Every time someone enters or leaves the room it asks how many people are currently watching tv. Does the same thing when a new show starts as well. So, if you have a dog or a kid that has ADD and is constantly on the move I'm sure it's a nightmare
wait the box has sensors in the room?
11 Bravo
Banned
the meter measures what the TV is tuned to...thats the first part.

the second is the box to see who is watching and stuff like that.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

jord wrote:

wait the box has sensors in the room?
Motion and/or infrared, yeah.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned
so none of you have one?  wow thats odd.  i thought more people had them.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6549|Global Command
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard