Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5364|London, England
Culture Wars: Religion May Decide Crucial Midterm Elections
"The Ground Zero mosque. Gay marriage in California. The president's religion. With just over two months to go until November, curveball social issues have jolted a campaign season that until now has been about job creation and fiscal discipline."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08 … -november/

All stories created by Fox (well, not the gay marriage thing). Funny that
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5592

meh Capitalism, you take the good with the bad.

or the bad with the good. One of those two.

Last edited by Macbeth (2010-08-21 19:44:36)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

meh Capitalism, you take the good with the bad.

or the bad with the good. One of those two.
What does it have to do with capitalism?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5592

They created all of these stories, which they had a right to as a media business. Don't like media companies being able to influence the news/elections/people's thinking then don't support people rights to run their business without government intervention.

Yup Fox sometimes shovels craps to sheep in order to keep ratings high and sell ad time. I'm fairly certain we would both do the same if we were the heads of Fox. You know exploit the stupidity of the masses and all.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

They created all of these stories, which they had a right to as a media business. Don't like media companies being able to influence the news/elections/people's thinking then don't support people rights to run their business without government intervention.

Yup Fox sometimes shovels craps to sheep in order to keep ratings high and sell ad time. I'm fairly certain we would both do the same if we were the heads of Fox. You know exploit the stupidity of the masses and all.
That's to do with freedom of the press... not capitalism... but whatever.

And yes, yes I would. People choose to be willfully ignorant so I have no compunction against taking advantage of that
-Frederick Bastiat
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6535|Global Command
Link to the story that is bogus from Fox?

Religion often decides elections. Foxnews is not exactly making news here.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6504

ATG wrote:

Foxnews is not exactly making news here.
QFT
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5243|Cleveland, Ohio
fox made up a mosque being built near ground zero?
Wreckognize
+294|6491

11 Bravo wrote:

yes because its not a mosque.
11 Bravo
Banned
and they invented gay marriage in cali?
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6005|The Mitten
and people are surprised by fox news?
EE (hats
11 Bravo
Banned
and dont split hairs with me mr recog
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6504

11 Bravo wrote:

and they invented gay marriage in cali?
no, prop 8 invented that. the Cal Supreme Court upheld it . . .
11 Bravo
Banned
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

No, but they blew it up and made it a story.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

and every network latched on
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

and every network latched on
It's still an artificial story. They continually pump out crap stories designed to incite people and then run with whatever people latch on to and make it national news. They've been running stories all summer about religion being disrespected, flags being disrespected etc. This just happens to be the one that people got mad about.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned
well fox does a story about a mosque near ground zero and bbc does one about women and how they find obama sexy.

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-08-21 21:01:02)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6575|Mountains of NC

I hear they made up 9-11 ......

but of course CNN never lies
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

well fox does a story about a mosque near ground zero and bbc does one about women and how they find obama sexy.
I don't see the BBC writing stories bragging about how they made Obama being sexy or not an election issue...
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

SEREMAKER wrote:

funny thing is i rarely watch the news but since so many people cry about fox i leave the cable box tuned to fox news when i turn the tv off so it gets the ratings counted just to piss the cry babies off.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

funny thing is i rarely watch the news but since so many people cry about fox i leave the cable box tuned to fox news when i turn the tv off so it gets the ratings counted just to piss the cry babies off.
Oh, you have a Nielsen box connected to your tv?

Look, I get my news from Fox and the WSJ, I just generally skip over the inciteful articles because I really don't give a shit.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned
thats why i stay away from the politcal sections
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6535|Global Command
Drudge is funny.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6361
Culture Wars: Religion May Decide Crucial Midterm Elections
"The Ground Zero mosque."

Gay marriage in California.

The president's religion.

With just over two months to go until November, curveball social issues have jolted a campaign season that until now has been about job creation and fiscal discipline."

Macbeth wrote:

1.They created all of these stories,
Actually Fox News Did Not create These Stories or in my opinion even give any angel on it.

a. A Muslim imam is trying to get a mosque built at ground Zero.

b. Gay marrige was voted down by the people in California and is being reinstated by the Court system against their will.

c. obama ran on the Democratic ticket as a Christian.

obama's Father was Muslim That makes him Muslim by sharia law.

He was raised muslim.

He was educated as a muslim

He has stated he is a Christian.

He denounced his Muslim faith for Christianity when he ran for State senate.

The punishment for renouncing his faith  is severe under Sharia law.

He has. on at least two known occasions referred to his Faith as Muslim only to be corrected twice by his interviewers.

Macbeth wrote:

2.They created all of these stories, which they had a right to as a media business.
Wrong. They are a News Organization - Not Opinion Editorial like michael moore. They would be sued if they Did.

Macbeth wrote:

3. Don't like media companies being able to influence the news and elections, people's thinking ?
I have no problem if it is balanced and fair. I don't like deliberate slants on the news. Like Gushing over one candidate and slandering the other. Fox News has never wired a truck with Explosives to make it appear un-safe or refused to air footage of a candidate at a Rally for The PLO. We could go on and on. That is another thread I think.

Macbeth wrote:

4.then don't support people rights to run their business without government intervention.
This is to big a jump to even address. You need to define your target in this statement. Though we could guess, it is not my place to speak for you. A Restaurant, a News Organization, a Doctor a Maid and a Magician all have different roles and God willing will have different ( if any ) level of government intervention. your term.

Macbeth wrote:

Yup Fox sometimes shovels craps to sheep in order to keep ratings high and sell ad time.
I would appreciate any direct reference to what you consider " Crap " or who you speak of as " sheep ". Do you live on some Island some where and use no public systems like the rest of the people you refer to as stupid Sheep?

Can you give us some insight into where you get your " News " that is on the Cusp unlike the " Sheep "or " Stupid Masses " you speak of ?

Since you refer to people as stupid could you show us some of Your " Ahead of the curve " Ideas, Inventions and thoughts, That " the Stupid Sheep " and " masses " are having trouble keeping up with ?  just to gauge who we are talking to

Macbeth wrote:

You know exploit the stupidity of the masses and all.
as a matter of interest-
Can you define "the Masses" and give us some examples of how you fail to qualify as such

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-08-22 11:40:05)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard