11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5227|Cleveland, Ohio

JohnG@lt wrote:

WHO is a bunch of ultra liberal fools. No one takes anything they ever say seriously or without a Jupiter sized grain of salt.
so you are the authority then?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5348|London, England

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

a Jupiter sized grain of salt.
/that's a big Twinkie.

JohnG@lt wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Plenty incurred when you consider the extra costs for cleaning up the walkways on business property and for the fires caused smoldering butts chucked into bushes and bark dust.
Yeah? Businesses sweep up their walkway anyway.

Cigarettes have special paper that makes them go out if they're not puffed on within a minute or so. This is specifically to prevent forest fires and people setting their mattress on fire if smoking in bed. Go light a cigarette, toss it in a pile of dry leaves and see if it produces fire. I guarantee 100% that it does not.
At additional cost, since they have to do it more often. Also, explain the shit I put out in a garden island last week with a fresh cigarette at its core. Could it be that it wasn't a fire-safe cig? Oops...

But back to the point: I hate cigs and being around smokers, not their depiction in movies.
That's fine. I hate people from Washington but I respect your right to be from Washington
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

Well, we've got Twilight. All you have is Ghostbusters. Wait...
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6558|Mountains of NC

take out the smoking and bring back the nudity ............... I miss the 80s
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6519|Global Command

JohnG@lt wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Plenty incurred when you consider the extra costs for cleaning up the walkways on business property and for the fires caused smoldering butts chucked into bushes and bark dust.

Cigarettes have special paper that makes them go out if they're not puffed on within a minute or so. This is specifically to prevent forest fires and people setting their mattress on fire if smoking in bed. Go light a cigarette, toss it in a pile of dry leaves and see if it produces fire. I guarantee 100% that it does not.
Beach crews do a great job picking up millions of butts every year.

Smokers are not just dumb, a lot of them are litterbug pigs.

There is one measure as to how many cigarette butts are finding their way into streams, rivers, and coastal environments. The International Coastal Cleanup Day, organized annually by the Center for Marine Conservation, involves more than 500,000 volunteers picking up debris from beaches, rivers, and streams around the world. [Note: in July 2001, the Center for Marine Conservation changed its name to The Ocean Conservancy.] Volunteers complete Marine Debris Data Cards indicating the quantity and type of litter they pick up. Cigarette butts were the most common debris item collected during the international cleanup, numbering 1,616,841 in 1998. Cigarette butts have topped the list in all CMC International Coastal Cleanups since they were added to the Data Cards as a separate item in 1990.
https://www.longwood.edu/cleanva/images/cigbutts1.jpg

http://www.longwood.edu/cleanva/ciglitterarticle.htm

BAN TOBACCO
11 Bravo
Banned
you can find cig butts everywhere.

street cleaners....wtf john.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6706

11 Bravo wrote:

WHO said secondhand smoking kills about 600,000 people every year.
WHO also made a huge scare out of swine flu which... killed less people than regular flu.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6519|Global Command

Cybargs wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

WHO also made a huge scare out of swine flu which... killed less people than regular flu.
But I know somebody who never smoked that died of lung cancer.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
you make a good point tbh
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6706

ATG wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

You can still get lung cancer even if you never smoked and lived in a place with clean air. He just got lucky I guess.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6665|Canberra, AUS
You mean unlucky
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ghettoperson
+1,943|6639

JohnG@lt wrote:

not saying ban them in movies cuz it they influence someone i am saying ban them outright.
Cool, so can I write my Congressman and ask him to write a law requiring you to shove a dildo up your ass? Oh, that would be forcing you to do something you don't want to do.
That's not entirely true...

Sorry, someone had to do it.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6641|USA

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

not gonna even read that block of shit.  what the hell is that?
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me.
what is your fucking problem?  i aint lowing so dont play your stupid fucking games with me.
His "stupid fucking games" are not relagated to just lowing....sorry to break it to you.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6765|Moscow, Russia
anything that goes against smoking, no matter how pointless and ridiculous, is fine in my book, simply because it can't possibly get any more pointless and ridiculous, not to mention dangerous, than smoking.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

ATG wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Beach crews do a great job picking up millions of butts every year.

Smokers are not just dumb, a lot of them are litterbug pigs.

There is one measure as to how many cigarette butts are finding their way into streams, rivers, and coastal environments. The International Coastal Cleanup Day, organized annually by the Center for Marine Conservation, involves more than 500,000 volunteers picking up debris from beaches, rivers, and streams around the world. [Note: in July 2001, the Center for Marine Conservation changed its name to The Ocean Conservancy.] Volunteers complete Marine Debris Data Cards indicating the quantity and type of litter they pick up. Cigarette butts were the most common debris item collected during the international cleanup, numbering 1,616,841 in 1998. Cigarette butts have topped the list in all CMC International Coastal Cleanups since they were added to the Data Cards as a separate item in 1990.
http://www.longwood.edu/cleanva/images/cigbutts1.jpg

http://www.longwood.edu/cleanva/ciglitterarticle.htm

BAN TOBACCO
https://www.truthdig.com/images/reportuploads/oklahomacity_350.jpg

BAN CONSPIRACY THEORY FUCKHEADS
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
jord
+2,382|6668|The North, beyond the wall.
I don't smoke, I've said before I'm sure. I don't mind though, people enjoy it so leave them be.
11 Bravo
Banned

ATG wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

except swine flu was an unknown...cigs and the health issues caused by it are a known.
11 Bravo
Banned

jord wrote:

I don't smoke, I've said before I'm sure. I don't mind though, people enjoy it so leave them be.
hmmmm... i enjoy drinking and driving...why cant i do that without getting in trouble?
jord
+2,382|6668|The North, beyond the wall.

11 Bravo wrote:

jord wrote:

hmmmm... i enjoy drinking and driving...why cant i do that without getting in trouble?
You can just don't get caught.

Pretty big leap you made there though.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6706
Most smokers aren't complete twats that just light up in the middle of a restaurant. smoking and eating for me = wtf m8. I'd rather take a smoke outside if it isn't too cold.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

jord wrote:

Because you have the potential to harm others. Smoking hurts no one but the smoker. Non-smokers can whine bitch and complain if they inhale the occasional whiff of tobacco smoke but it's not doing them any damage.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

jord wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

jord wrote:

is it a big leap?  total alcohol deaths in the US as of 2008 were at least under 50K if i remember correctly.  second hand smoke gets credit for way more deaths that that per year.  so ya i guess it was a big leap.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6490|so randum
smoking right now
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

jord wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

is it a big leap?  total alcohol deaths in the US as of 2008 were at least under 50K if i remember correctly.  second hand smoke gets credit for way more deaths that that per year.  so ya i guess it was a big leap.
Second hand smoke kills no one. If a non-smoker lives with a smoker and dies, that will be credited as a second hand smoke death no matter what the real cause of death. Statistics on issues like these are never to be trusted.

Btw, how much of a whiny bitch were you whenever you got forced to do a police call? God, I would've hated you.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-08-22 08:26:53)

-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FatherTed wrote:

smoking right now
Yeah, I'm about to head outside myself It's raining but that's ok, don't want my apartment reeking of smoke.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

jord wrote:

Second hand smoke kills no one. If a non-smoker lives with a smoker and dies, that will be credited as a second hand smoke death no matter what the real cause of death. Statistics on issues like these are never to be trusted.
says you.  like i said i have seen air filters of airplanes when they allowed smoking compared to what they look like now.  not to mention air filters in homes of smokers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard