Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

I just found out the next Resident Evil movie will made in 3D. So instead of making a good normal movie, they'll end up creating a shitty 3D one with stuff flying at you and other crap like that.

Am I the only person who doesn't care for this 3D movie fad? I really like normal movies and not some bad 3D gimmick movie.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5781|Catherine Black
No.

E: Fuck your OP. You ask the question in the opposite manor as the title. No to title, yes to OP.

Last edited by Finray (2010-08-21 05:00:26)

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Eifa
Never regret anything that ever made you smile.
+923|5864|00770
I don't care either. haven't seen a single 3D movie and prolly won't. I'm happy with movies the way they are now.
No, I don't need an attitude adjustment. You just need to fuck off.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6666|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Im holding Eif's hand on this one
jord
+2,382|6671|The North, beyond the wall.
No, adapt its the future.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6453|UK

jord wrote:

Shut up faggot. I think Macbeths got a point.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6184|Roma
Gimmick. Tired of paying extra to wear uncomfortable glasses for not much more experience.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6642

Nah man, did you see Step Up 3D? That shit was mindblowing. Pissed all over Avatar.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6504|Gold Coast
Havent seen a 3d movie.
Probably wont unless it becomes the norm in ~30 years.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6642

KuSTaV wrote:

Havent seen a 3d movie.
Probably wont unless it becomes the norm in ~30 years.
The movie industry is doing their best to make it the norm in ~30 days.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6620|UK
I don't see why you're tired of it. It adds a little bit of (excuse the pun) depth to the film. The idea being that you feel more involved. Take Avatar, I don't recall any "cheesy" 3D effects in that, it just improved the overall viewing experience.

The 3D in Toy Story 3 wasn't gimmicky. I think the point is that you don't sit there and notice the 3D, the point is that you become more involved because of the realism it adds.

Sort of like the difference between watching a film on your laptop with laptop speakers, and watching a film on a big screen with a decent sound system. Your overall experience is improved.

(Avatar and Toy Story 3 are the only films I've seen in 3D)
jord
It doesn't matter how many dimensions resident evil will be in it will still suck anus.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6620|UK
Actually I'm sure there are (will be?) plenty of films that use gimmicky 3D just to capitalize on this fad. But they're probably shit films anyway, so what does it matter?

The films I've seen in 3D used it to their advantage to improve an already decent film. (Although I didn't really like Avatar much, but I think that's just personal preference.)
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6712|Scotland
I think there will always be a choice.

Let's not forget some people don't have any depth perception. I for one went to go see TS3 [iMaX] and it was just mind-blowing. The sheer quality that was the resolution of that screen is insane. INSANE. Would recommend to anyone to see a 3d film there.

For shitty films, 3D I guess fads it up. But it's not gonna affect what films i go see.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

hink with the increase in the number of home entertainment systems and movie piracy cinemas had to do something to make sure the would keep getting people through the door. 3D is as good a gimmick as any and I can't hold it against cinemas for using it.

I think they're going to end up saturating the market though meaning the gimmick's not going to have a great lifespan. Use it when appropriate - kids/animated films, the occasional eye-candy flick like Avatar or Alice in Wonderland or ever a dance film like that Step Up one  - films where it might actually be interesting to see things in 3D.

What's 3D really going to add to a Resident Evil movie? I'm not sick of 3D, Hell I've only ever seen one 3D film, but I think if they're going to give it to every film that could possibly use it then it's quickly going to get tiresome.

3D's fine but it should best be taken in moderation. I don't think it's going to mean that the other elements of a film are going to be lesser on any film that uses it because generally 3D is added in post production so a film's either been made well or not before then.

I do recon that a film advertising itself as 3D when it doesn't need to is a bit questionable because it gets people thinking about why they'd need to push the film's credibility by giving it a gimmick.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
3D Is a gimmick, it adds nothing and creates a lot of annoyance.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6558|Area 51

jord wrote:

3D has been around for ages. And unless they find a way around those ridiculous 3D glasses, it will never catch on as well. Except maybe for in cinema's.
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6712|Scotland

RDMC wrote:

jord wrote:

3D has been around for ages. And unless they find a way around those ridiculous 3D glasses, it will never catch on as well. Except maybe for in cinema's.
contact lenses?

I see lawsuits tho
jord

RDMC wrote:

jord wrote:

I know I saw a 3d demo in florida about 10 years ago of terminator. It was awful, and its now a lot better. Hence many future films will be in 3d.

There are usually 2d options for the 3d films anyway so who cares.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6561|Mountains of NC

agree ..... I'm tired of seeing this 3D shit plastered everywhere

Debbie does dallas ......... in 3D ..... ....... thats what I want to see, some dudes jizz coming at me in 3D
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6620|UK

Airwolf wrote:

contact lenses?
lol, worst. idea. ever.

Maybe 3D is bigger in the US than it is here, atm ... or maybe I haven't been paying enough attention to adverts. The majority of the trailers I've seen (in the cinema, before a film) recently (last month and a bit) have not been for 3D films.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6646
I think it makes the movie look like a bunch of cardboard cutouts. I don't like it at all and I don't like the glasses either.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6515
glad avatar is coming back out since i didnt see it in theaters the 1st time
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461
Citizen Kane 3D
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6511|USA

jord wrote:

so you're the type who just goes along with everything, or are you the type that gets all into the latest fads just so you can brag to your groupie friends that you knew about it before it was famous?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard