Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6706|Tampa Bay Florida

khmer wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Zigg

I got... PNY Geforce 6600 256 mb
So.. how is it? Better performance? Better graphics? Could you tell the difference after the upgrade?

I wanna get the 6800 GT. Did you have to upgrade your power supply as well?
Well, the graphics are definately improved.  Not that much, but I don't get nearly as much lag as I used to.  Naturally, playing in a server with 52 people will get you much more lag than in a server with 20 people.

Note that my CPU sucks, so I know this is the main problem, as other people are running the 6600 with better CPU's and it runs like magic.

No, I didn't have to upgrade my power supply (but I think I will eventually)

Overall, the 6600 is much better for ME anyway than the 9200.  I know this is what EA wants and I'm sort of lobbying for them, but whatever.  It's a video game, not a multibillion dollar gas company  (other people long before this have told me that Nvidia is much better than ATI)
icewarrior2005
+0|6729
I'm getting a new graphics card anyway this has just made it appear to be the right time i want to get the geforce6600GT (agp) which hopefully will improve the game aswell as get it to start running properly, EA have announced patch 1.21 which fixes the bugs in 1.2 but i wanna know if it's going to solve our problem of missing buildings and huge lag.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard