+34|6765|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
the one you d/l from unofical had a virus

j/k
lol
idunnp what happed mine runs fine
Arkosh~Kovash
+0|6683|the Dirty Dirty
SHYT!!!

me too. I have a RADEON 9250. no buildings and VERY choppy. worked fine yesterday. i just bought this card for BF2 (in Aug). NO WAY IN HELL i am buying 2 cards for one damn game.

F U  EA. nice patch dude.
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6761|St. Paul, MN

khmer wrote:

@Chase what Nvidia card do you have, I have the 5200fx.

Dang at least you guys could get into the game. I installed the patch, try to start the game. The screen goes blank like before but then it just kicks me back to desktop.

I've checked and searched the EA forums and found other people that have the same problem as me. There is also a radeon ati thread for you guys too. This really sucks big time. I was so looking forward to this day. I'm going to try and download the full three hundred file and patch the game from scratch hopefully that works. If that doesn't work I guess it's time for a graphics card upgrade. 
ok enough about just ATI, low end nvidia cards are getting snuffed out too. I had the exact same problem as above, identical except I have a 5700.
so all you ati users make some room on your 'boat' because we're having problems too.

Last edited by Kkookie (2006-02-14 21:26:48)

Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6761|St. Paul, MN

Parnit wrote:

man im 16 years old where the hell am i going to get the money for new vid card and my parents will definatly not help me out video games are not really important for them
And I as well, am still in high school and do not have the money to buy new hardware.
I guess we're all in the same boat after all
phnxfrhwk
+14|6690|Just outside of baltimore, Md.
How did you guys get the 9200 to work in the first place. I tried it in mine when the game first came out but all i got was a bunch of multicolored lines and grey boxes after the intro. I think it might have to do with the "Performance gain found in static mesh rendering."  who knows but im even noticing a bit of lag after the patch and im running a nvidia 6800 gt oc AGP from bfg tech. maybe its time to convince the wive i need that new 7800 agp card from bfg tech.
Sgt_Stutta
The Disturbed One
+14|6693|Tucson, AZ, USA, Earth
so ok i took peoples advice and d/l the damn full patch and installed it and still have the same laggy problem, so ur telling me card wont ever play like it used to just bcause of the darn patch? or is there something else i can try.
Sgt_Stutta
The Disturbed One
f--k i just ordered basically a whole new machine...
DFI lan party expert board sli of course
geforce 6800gs 256MB
athlon 3200+ venice
ocz 2Gb dual channel

i know this is off topic and sorry but this patch really pissed me off i just spent almost $800 to play bf2 lol lets see my CPH now shit lol stupid 1.2 GGRrrrr thanks EA/DICE
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6702|Seattle
Strange.  I have a Radeon 9800, and I have been noticing a significant amount of lag on sf maps.
ReVmAn
+0|6689|Where politics is not needed
When i patched to 1.2 BF2 didn't even wanna start!! It just pops back to the desktop. Tried the incremental first, no luck. Then justinstalled the full, no luck. Will try a reinstall of BF2 and SF 2night and then patch to 1.2.

This realy pissed me of that when you get the official patch and install it, freakin' BF2 just won't start!!!! It's because BF2 is a kick ass game i'm gonna try and fix this, but i'm not at all happy with this crap. Think i'm gonna call support today and ask why they release those crapy patches!

Grrrrrrrrrrr
Altorn
+0|6680
I got the same problem. Its with radeon 92xx series and lower. I tried with new ati drivers and it doesn't change anything. I've sent an e-mail to ea to know if they have a solution or if they will.
It's the same with the full patch.
Just wait and see for the moment.

Last edited by Altorn (2006-02-15 02:17:15)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6707|Tampa Bay Florida
For those of you who are still interested (many of you probably are)

Tomorrow night I will have a chance to get a new video card.. I'll probably get one of the Geforce's..... so I'll post the results on these forums by 11 pm tomorrow...

Time for a new computer anyway so I might as well just get a new video card.
Sgt_Stutta
The Disturbed One
ya i hear ya guys, i have (had) a 9100 and before patch ran great i mean of course only on medium settings, but still ran just fine now it runs but chops so  bad its unplayable so i just ordered pretty much a whole new computer since mine is out of date anyways i still have a 1.0Ghz cpu too lol. but its all good once UPS delivers my new machine then ill be back in full force even more so than before. thanks EA/DICE for making me spend more money damn 1.2 patch. but in a way its all good because i needed and excuse to get a new machine anyways haha. $800 later im all set for the next um, maybe 3 years haha.
Ryan
+1,230|6860|Alberta, Canada

why would a frickin patch mess up the graphics and such?

i spent 120$ to get the game installed on my computer because we needed technical help to get it on, and im not buying a new video card to play one game.

guess im waiting till next christmas for a new computer.
Ryan

i guess everyone with ATI cards are screwed
khmer
+86|6694|Central California

ryan_14 wrote:

i guess everyone with ATI cards are screwed
Dont forget the people with low end GEFORCE cards we are also screwed.
Raz0r
+0|6691
Right well,

I have a 9250, but a AMD Athlon 1800... don't care what anyone said before this patch it worked FINE!

And now it doesn't...!

Help?
Ryan

im on newegg.com and i found an nvidia 6800 for 159$ (dont know if its US)

it would work great too.

im just gunna wait and see what EA games does
khmer
+86|6694|Central California

ryan_14 wrote:

im on newegg.com and i found an nvidia 6800 for 159$ (dont know if its US)

it would work great too.

im just gunna wait and see what EA games does
I wonder if EA even knows about this problem that we are having? Maybe they deliberatly did this. who knows. But did you notice that with every new patch that comes out for this game there's a degradation of performance?
Ryan

i did notice that.

and i doubt EA knows anything about this, unless we contact them.

one of you could call customer support and figure out whats wrong...

im downloading system mechanic 6 and then im gunna de frag my computer tmrw maybe.
Raz0r
+0|6691
Just been reading the EA forums, and it would appear that EA have gone tits up with the 9200 and 9250's... and alot of the other ATi simply because they claim "nVidia, the way it should be played" - So get a nVidia and your sorted. EA prepare to loose thousands... MILLIONS of gamers.
[pib]xenium
+0|6668|Netherlands

Erwin_Rommel188 wrote:

Strange.  I have a Radeon 9800, and I have been noticing a significant amount of lag on sf maps.
i'm having the same problems  also have a radeon 9800 ping use to be 20 now it's up to 60 and lot's of lag

wondering if ea is share holder of ati and nvidia...
Ryan

that system mechanic 6 is great! it cleared up almost 1GB of unused space on my system, it also fixes crashes and such,

once im dun doing all the tests, i'll try bf2, tell you what happens.

thing is, why would they completely make ATI useless in one patch? everyone, we shoudl should start a rebellion lol.

like millions of players have ATI cards, they shouldnt completely remove ATI cards from working.

Last edited by ryan_14 (2006-02-15 15:09:27)

Raz0r
+0|6691
Dude, careful with Sys Mech, it's to good for it's own use, it buggered HL2 for me, go careful it may need a format if not careful
M730A2
+45|6712
Sys Mech is not going to do diddly for you, if your saddled with the 9000/9200 series cards. Face it people were fukd' again by EA, first on the release of the game and no 4400 support and now with them not supporting the 9XXX series.

Rat Bastards.
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6757

M730A2 wrote:

Sys Mech is not going to do diddly for you, if your saddled with the 9000/9200 series cards. Face it people were fukd' again by EA, first on the release of the game and no 4400 support and now with them not supporting the 9XXX series.

Rat Bastards.
I Guess money drived EA to not support the Radeon Cards anymore. (for those who don't get it, EA stopped support for the Radeon Cards and made this game NVIDIA only. NVIDIA must have payed a lot of money to get EA/DICE to do this. But then again NVIDIA has been with BF2 for a while, If you looked at the instruction booklet you will see that there is a picture of a NVIDIA symbol/card)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard