Parnit
+5|6663
guys i have been having the same problems and it only occured after i downloaded the patch i have been running it fine for about 4 months
ati radeon9200
512 ram
2.6ghz
i hope they find a solution or this is just gay
Ryan
+1,230|6860|Alberta, Canada

i dont think its our cards at all.

heres the possibilities:

1. servers are messed because of new patch an dhavent updated
2. downloaded patch from unofficial site (dang EA site for downloading is down!)
3. wait for a hotfix maybe
4. it is our systems, and we can never play again
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6706|Tampa Bay Florida
wow.  good job EA.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6711|Howell, Mi USA
LoL, lay off the testers and save money. let the public test and redownload new patches to fix their fuck ups.   

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME

Last edited by Cbass (2006-02-14 17:20:53)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Ryan

guess we will just wait another 3 months for EA to fix it
Parnit
+5|6663
did you guys download full patch or incrimental? hope they get this fixed
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
I downloaded incrimental, but who knows if that has anything to do with it.  The evidence only points to one conclusion -- it's our vid cards.
chase_mccloud
[bha] Chase
+0|6685|HERE -->USA
OMG, i'm downloading it now and you guys are scaring me to DEATH, i'm getting the incremental, and I have an Nvidia video crd, what should I do, Help us    ADMINS
Ryan

admins dont care about this, no one does.

i download incremental too

sum people's game is working fine, except for all of us.

i posted on the official EA forums, maybe they can help.
Parnit
+5|6663
man i thought this bs would be over when we had to turn out vid cards from 8x to 4x when demo came out but now this ea is really pissing me off what the hell are we supposed to do
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Don't worry, plenty of other people have got it working ok.  The time to worry is after you load the map and all you can see on Karkand is a giant cement field with people running around That's what it was for me anyway
INSOMNIA
+0|6663
ryan-14, can you give us a link to that post?
Ryan

whoa.... all i seen was a kit select screen trying to come up, and a clothes line with people evrywhere lol

uh sure: http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jsp … mp;#382068

Last edited by ryan_14 (2006-02-14 17:38:03)

Parnit
+5|6663
same the menu takes forever to load the one with the guns and it never stops lagging
INSOMNIA
+0|6663
Parnit, do you have a Radeon 9200 as well?
chase_mccloud
[bha] Chase
+0|6685|HERE -->USA
Hey, once it is loaded you just go to My Documents and then BF2, then your versions, and you can delete it right!!!!!!!!
INSOMNIA
+0|6663
chase_mccloud, stop going off-topic please!
Ryan

man there are like 10 people with this problem. i really hope ea will fix it.
Ryan

ok i read this:

PLEASE BE AWARE -- Applying the patch too early will cause you to have very few available servers. Most ranked providers won't be updating till the official release.
Parnit
+5|6663
yes i do
chase_mccloud
[bha] Chase
+0|6685|HERE -->USA
SORRY, i'm freakin and I love this game, why a new patch,Well did any one have no problems after they downloaded the full version, or is it all on the incremental.
=L&L=The Old Firm
+3|6778|The Netherlands The Hague

Meiktila wrote:

Make that four - I've got a Radeon 9200, no problems before the patch, and now terrible lag and no buildings
Make that 5 goddamned....i have the same probs installed new patch from the EA site, went to play and no buildings lag like hell and soooo unplayable.
So i deleted everything reinstalled everything again ( bf2/bf2sf, patches) and i get the same crap again, also updated my videodrivers for my 9250 radeon, still cant play bf2 so someone PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
Parnit
+5|6663
wtf did they change so our pc's wont handle it this is really pissing me offf and watch ea wont do anything about it just like they did absolutely shit to fix 8x to 4x problem
Ziggy_79x
+4|6702
If all you guys in this thread that are having problems have a radeon 9200 then it is probably a compatibility issue with the patch. This sometimes happens with games and patches and certain hardware. First off there isn't going to be a patch to fix this if it is truly a compatibility problem. It will have to be fixed by ATI in their next driver release hopefully. Secondly If you have a radeon 9200 and you are trying to play this game you're asking for trouble anyway. The radeon 9200 is basically an 8500 with DirectX 9 support. Post your problem on the ATI website as this would be the quickest way to get any answers to your problem.

Oh, also try updating your drivers to the newest version if you don't have it. If you have the newest version try uninstalling them and installing a previous (older) driver version and keep going back if  you have to trying different driver releases. Thats all I can think of.

Last edited by Ziggy_79x (2006-02-14 17:51:28)

Maj.Do
+85|6768|good old CA
i have a x800 Pro and i lag for maybe a good 10 then it works. weird

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard