Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6444|Boulder, CO
Well guys its once again time for one of BF2s longest running lurkers to actually draw attention to himself; as those of you who pay attention / care may know I'm buggering off to Colorado for 9 months for my second year of uni.  I leave at 5:50 monday morning and have about 19 hours of travelling until I actually arrive in Denver. I would appreciate it if some kind souls (or bored sods) could give me some advice as to what to do to stay awake and not bore myself to death on this trip.

Sadly I know that I am flying with Delta as I simply couldn't afford the niceness of Virgin Atlantic.

By the way, thanks again for all the useful advice about phones from my last topic.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

Take a short cut.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

Self-medicated coma. Also for 19 hours that must be a hell of a long layover.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

Take a deck of cards with you.

Solitaire that shit up, yo.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6444|Boulder, CO

ghettoperson wrote:

6 Hour layover at JFK, I am also including the hour and a half on the train to the airport. Though thats not including the waiting and checking in time (3 hours).

By the way, I am actually unable to sleep in public. I get paranoid and such.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

you're looking at a seven hour time difference, i'd gradually acclimate to it. as for the trip, bring two books - going back and forth would keep you from being bored of either.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

Take a few Xanax then.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

Noobeater wrote:

This should help:

https://a.imagehost.org/0734/d66678.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX
Take a book.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

AussieReaper wrote:

Noobeater wrote:

This should help:

http://a.imagehost.org/0734/d66678.jpg
That's not even creepy, it's just retarded.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5959|Places 'n such
Get drunk, very easy on a plane.

Last edited by presidentsheep (2010-08-14 06:48:54)

I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6444|Boulder, CO

presidentsheep wrote:

Get drunk, very easy on a plane.
Hmm I get the feeling I would lose one of my bags and never make it to the hotel if i did that.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

Noobeater wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

6 Hour layover at JFK, I am also including the hour and a half on the train to the airport. Though thats not including the waiting and checking in time (3 hours).

Fuck me, 6 hours? I'd set aside $100 for a cab there and back, and go do some sightseeing...
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6444|Boulder, CO
Yeah, 6 hours. I have to check out my luggage and then check in again though so I don't know how much time I will have given I also have to go through US immigration.
jord
+2,382|6675|The North, beyond the wall.
Pro entrepreneur tip:

Take a load of genuine cuban cigars and sell them for profit in america where they can't buy them.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

True. Immigration will most likely take you at least an hour, and then a cab into Manhattan will be another 45 mins/hour each way, depending on traffic. But you could probably spend an hour in Manhattan for lunch or something.
sts9 thievery corp and ghostland have a show at red rocks sept 9-11 - something to do by denver

put some movies on your phone, yo
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

Are you gonna hang with Kimm when you're there?
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5540|Toronto
You should practice your practical chemistry on the plane with all of the 100ml bottles they let you bring!
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6444|Boulder, CO

ghettoperson wrote:

Are you gonna hang with Kimm when you're there?
By hang do you mean stalk?

Althought Kimm did give me the idea of going to a gig at red rocks when she mentioned them before so I am definately going to do that at some point.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

By hang out I mean slip her a digit whilst in a public location. I'm sure she'd be down for that.

ghettoperson wrote:

By hang out I mean slip her a digit whilst in a public location. I'm sure she'd be down for that.
you make me uncomfortable ghettoperson. hELLO numbnuts!
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
Gameboy - BUT NO BATTERIES!

You will spend at least an hour asking around the plane for spare batteries.

Self medicate (not with alcohol though, that will dehydrate you and combined with the dry airplane air, you will suffer). Learn to overcome your fear of public repose.

Bring something to watch movies and shows on. Mobile phone, iPod/Zune, etc.

Books.

Count clouds out the window.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6444|Boulder, CO
Thanks for all the suggestions people.

Just to clarify its not a phobia or anything against sleeping in public its just that I physically can't do so, I am not scared just uncomfortable and wary.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690

Noobeater wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions people.

Just to clarify its not a phobia or anything against sleeping in public its just that I physically can't do so, I am not scared just uncomfortable and wary.
Bring some sleeping pills then.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard