lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

leadership is when you own up to your responsibilities
No, thats responsibility, leadership is something else.
I guess I shoulda said part of good leadership.....Never knew I was gunna wind up debating the semantics of it all.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

And there are a hell of a lot of white people who can barely hide their racism, lets talk about that.
Well, we might as well re-direct to that since, we are obviously going to file your response to my post in the dismissal folder, just like I spoke of.
Fine.

The black woman ran a perfectly reasonable discussion.

The white woman dived in and starting accusing the black woman of various stereo-typed behaviours.

Who has the problem here?
the white women using the n word in the context of the discussion said nothing wrong, in fact the black women used the same word in the same exact context.

Evidence that the caller was looking for racism everywhere can be found in her reaction to Dr Laura saying the word. Any reasonable or rational person would understand the context and accepted it as part of the discussion about race, which the caller wanted to discuss.

Last edited by lowing (2010-08-14 06:54:49)

Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

lowing wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

Lowing, you may have a point, but are you seriously this bothered by this? I honestly can't imagine what you are like in real life. Every opportunity you can speak about reverse racism, race hypocrisy, and the race card, you probably do. Weird...
Yes I have a point, thank yo very much.

Am I bothered by this in real life? nope not really, because in real life it does not affect me, not any more than in real life, Israel and Hamas affects you. I like to talk about social issues, that is where you are going to find the greatest amount of differences in opinions, thus, the greatest amount of debate. Racial issues and social issues in America is an easy target for such discussions because the hypocrisy is so obvious and blatant, yet so very much denied, I can not help but point it out if, for no other reason, than to watch it be so vehemently defended, dismissed, justified or rationalized all for entertainment purposes if nothing else. I mean the fact that it is denied or justified the way it is, is so comical in its rationalizations, how can you NOT want to talk about it?
About the caller. Yes she is being hypersensitive, but I also think her husband is being insensitive. They should discuss their feelings and come to some sort of understanding. I wouldn't marry a ginger and put down gingers every chance I got because I thought it was funny. It wouldn't surprise me if she eventually got annoyed or confused by my actions because of it.

On a broader subject, yes I think minorities are more insensitive today then many decades ago. Older generations who were victims of bigotry and racism had to avoid it and ignore it as best they could and prove they were just as able as their white "superiors", if not better. They often proved they were better. People are much more confrontational about it these days, but maybe people are more confrontational in general.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

It was her husbands friends and family saying things about black people.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA
Either way, have you ever been so "hurt" over something that you felt the need to call a national talk show host and complain? Her problem is the person she was talking to did not vindicate her non-sense and instead, pointed her behavior out as non-sense. There is no doubt, and members of this forum are proof, people go out of their way in order to find racism in everything they can. They read into words, read into events, read into commercials, read into every day interaction in order to expose racism where there really isn't any. Jackson and Sharpton have made a pretty lucrative living doing so.
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

Could she have at least not said the n word while making her argument? That's certainly one word I wouldn't tolerate in my household. I'd treat it like a curse word.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Phrozenbot wrote:

Could she have at least not said the n word while making her argument? That's certainly one word I wouldn't tolerate in my household. I'd treat it like a curse word.
Why shouldn't she say it in the context that she said it? It was good enough for the black caller to say in the same context.

It is not a part of my kids vocabulary either, then again Dr Laura or the caller are 12 years old. You would think maturity in the discussion on the part of the caller would have prevailed.

Last edited by lowing (2010-08-14 15:54:12)

Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

lowing wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

Why shouldn't she say it in the context that she said it? It was good enough for the black caller to say in the same context.

It is not a part of my kids vocabulary either, then again Dr Laura or the caller are 12 years old. You would think maturity in the discussion on the part of the caller would have prevailed.
The caller said "n-word." Dr. Laura said "Nigger" eleven times. Either Dr. Laura is very obnoxious and out-spoken or she doesn't mind filth coming out her mouth.

Back to the question if I have ever felt so hurt to call a talk show. No I have not. Dr. Laura, from a quick look at her wikipedia page, indicates she gives relationship advice and apparently has many listeners. The prudent thing to do would be to not call Dr. Laura, but if you want to shame her for calling, shame the apparently millions who listen to her show as well. She's a listener who wanted to participate in a talk radio show... do they not want listeners to call?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Phrozenbot wrote:

lowing wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

The caller said "n-word." Dr. Laura said "Nigger" eleven times. Either Dr. Laura is very obnoxious and out-spoken or she doesn't mind filth coming out her mouth.

Back to the question if I have ever felt so hurt to call a talk show. No I have not. Dr. Laura, from a quick look at her wikipedia page, indicates she gives relationship advice and apparently has many listeners. The prudent thing to do would be to not call Dr. Laura, but if you want to shame her for calling, shame the apparently millions who listen to her show as well. She's a listener who wanted to participate in a talk radio show... do they not want listeners to call?
Might want to re-listen. the callers says "NIGGER" in the exact same context as Dr Laura. IE talking aobut people that say "nigger". It was good enough for her to use it in the context used, then it is good enough for ANYONE else to use it in the context used.

What heappened here, in my opinion is, this caller called up expecting to have her own  accusations of racism justified and vindicated and supported, when that didn't happen, she then found yet, MORE racism in that lack of support. She is as I have said, one of those people that can and will find racism regardless if it exists or not, because she has convinced herself that anyone that disagrees with her, MUST be racist. A far easier pill to swallow than being wrong.
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

The caller sounded rather calm throughout the whole ordeal. I didn't hear her actually say "nigger", just "n-word". Maybe she is those kinds of people that when treated differently assume it is because of racism. That's her problem, but does that justify Dr. Laura dropping eleven n-bombs? Should she have to apologize? There is no reason to say it in my opinion.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6549|San Diego, CA, USA
thread == tl;dr

Spark wrote:

I mean I wouldn't call it "sound advice" to someone you don't know and can't even see, but yeah it's very thin-skinned. My point is that that comment could be taken to be more offensive than the other one. Context does actually matter, often more than the words used. I'd call it silly (never advisable to use that word in public) but not malicious and that's what counts.
She's a Conservative.  Her words will be taken our of context and she'll be ripped apart by the media elites and the race baiters no matter her intention.

She should had know better to never use the N-word.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Phrozenbot wrote:

The caller sounded rather calm throughout the whole ordeal. I didn't hear her actually say "nigger", just "n-word". Maybe she is those kinds of people that when treated differently assume it is because of racism. That's her problem, but does that justify Dr. Laura dropping eleven n-bombs? Should she have to apologize? There is no reason to say it in my opinion.
Well fact is, the caller DID say "nigger", and she said it in the same context as Dr. Laura...in the third person.
SamTheMan
­
+341|5142|Stoke, England
hypersensive
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

lowing wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

Well fact is, the caller DID say "nigger", and she said it in the same context as Dr. Laura...in the third person.
I listened to it a second time and yes the caller said it. I also felt the hypersensitivity much more this time around too. For the sake of professionalism, Dr. Laura shouldn't have said the n-word. It is just in poor taste. You can argue that she wasn't being racist, which I agree, but it is still in poor taste.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Phrozenbot wrote:

lowing wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

I listened to it a second time and yes the caller said it. I also felt the hypersensitivity much more this time around too. For the sake of professionalism, Dr. Laura shouldn't have said the n-word. It is just in poor taste. You can argue that she wasn't being racist, which I agree, but it is still in poor taste.
Only in poor taste to someone not mature enough to handle a tough discussion, which the caller initiated. or a person not pre-loaded to think everyone is a racist as her blanket rationale for being right.
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

Did you just say I'm not mature enough to handle this "tough" discussion? Okay everyone, let the real "men" like lowing debate this, us boys will just watch and learn.

Apparently, you feel the need to argue when I already agree with you, for the most part. How stupid.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5238|Cleveland, Ohio

SamTheMan wrote:

hypersensive
very
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Phrozenbot wrote:

Did you just say I'm not mature enough to handle this "tough" discussion? Okay everyone, let the real "men" like lowing debate this, us boys will just watch and learn.

Apparently, you feel the need to argue when I already agree with you, for the most part. How stupid.
After re-reading this exchange I can see where you thought I was talking about you, however I was not. My apologies.

I was refering to this lady and her hypersensativity and her desire to be hurt, and her desire to claim everything against her is racist.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6355
wow How sad that she had to apologize, I believe in some way this will come back to haunt people who use the race card as a weapon. It will have some Blow Back real soon. For the record, when I see her eyes I sense knowledge. It might not warrant a return trip but I bet it be worth it. Money makes women hold up pretty well and lingerie can help allot. Only light one candle is my guess. My guesses are pretty good.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-09-08 14:56:04)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard