Harmontri
+1|5053
Well, my Dell optical mouse has just about had it. The left-click likes to work on it's own terms which means I can just about command. Tried playing with my girlfriend's laptop mouse, but when things got crazy on Karkand, it couldn't handle it.

Anyway, ideally I'd like a Razer DeathAdder as I've used one before and it seemed to be the business. Although I'm unlikely to get one as I'm not willing to pay that much. So my two choices it seems (primarily determined by price) are the MS IME 3.0 (which I've had before and served me well until it could chug no more) and the ViewSonic MU660 which I came across on eBay. It's pretty much a DeathAdder knock-off and the price is pretty cheap too - £13.98, but I'm just not sure about the reliability/durability of it. I'm only familiar with ViewSonic monitors and they seem ok, right?

Now if I'm thinking straight, I guess I'd have to go with MS as I've had one before and had no problems, but... but I keep thinking, "Hey, maybe this ViewSonic mouse will be alright." I'm not a heavy gamer and only play BF2, I don't really need a gaming mouse... but I'd like one anyway .

I've looked around for reviews of the MU660 but come up with nada. It's all the rage in Asia apparently. What do you reckon guys? Should I go with tried and tested or take a risk?
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5785|Catherine Black
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum
mx motherfucking 1000
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5785|Catherine Black

FatherTed wrote:

mx motherfucking 1000
https://i.imgur.com/uAfxI.png
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
alexb
<3
+590|5937|Kentucky, USA

Mx518

Last edited by alexb (2010-08-12 14:33:50)

Harmontri
+1|5053
Oh right, cheers Finray, missed that.

I have a little experience with Logitech Father, and what I found bothersome (at least with the mouse I tried) was I kept hitting the increase/decrease DPI button below the wheel. The other issue was that the mouse wheel wasn't stiff, so when I use it as a button, it scrolled which was annoying. But as I say, that was with a different Logitech mouse. But as you give it such a resounding endorsement, I'll be sure to give the MX1000 a look.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6283|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
MX518/G5v2/G500
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6796|Long Beach, CA
R. A. T. 7
Ptfo
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5865|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
MX518 is supposed to be the best mouse for tracking but it's got a feature you can't disable called angle snapping where if you slide the mouse from left/right or right/left it moves it in a perfectly straight line- could be good or bad for some people
FloppY_
­

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

MX518 is supposed to be the best mouse for tracking but it's got a feature you can't disable called angle snapping where if you slide the mouse from left/right or right/left it moves it in a perfectly straight line- could be good or bad for some people
/facepalm

The MX518 is a budget mouse and is by FAR worse at tracking than any of the other mice mentioned here...

I got it, love it, but I'm moving to a new generation next...

MX518 = 1800dpi

G500 = 5700dpi

You have no clue have you?

And I have never EVER heard or felt that angle snapping shit you are talking about

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-08-13 02:05:40)

TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6437|Brisbane, Australia

FloppY_ wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

/facepalm

The MX518 is a budget mouse and is by FAR worse at tracking than any of the other mice mentioned here...

MX518 = 1800dpi

G500 = 5700dpi

And I have never EVER heard or felt that angle snapping shit you are talking about
https://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/27377.gif'd
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6650

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

/facepalm

MX518 = 1800dpi

G500 = 5700dpi

http://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/27377.gif'd
Lucien likes this
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
FloppY_
­

Lucien wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

/facepalm

MX518 = 1800dpi

G500 = 5700dpi

http://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/27377.gif'd
Lucien likes this
wat
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6562|Area 51

FloppY_ wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

/facepalm

MX518 = 1800dpi

G500 = 5700dpi

Never heard of this 'angle snapping' either. Also, what is the point in having 5700dpi, really don't get this. I don't even use the full 1800dpi on my Mx518 atm.
FloppY_
­

RDMC wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

/facepalm

MX518 = 1800dpi

G500 = 5700dpi

Never heard of this 'angle snapping' either. Also, what is the point in having 5700dpi, really don't get this. I don't even use the full 1800dpi on my Mx518 atm.
tbh I find 1800dpi to be plenty, but I can understand that some people wish to use their mouse on more difficult surfaces where higher dpi gives less wierd behavior... I was just stating how wrong Herbal Abuse was...
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6363|California
basic logitech mouse
$5
FloppY_
­

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

basic logitech mouse
$5
carpal tunnel syndrome
priceless
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5928|Somewhere out in Space

RDMC wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

/facepalm

MX518 = 1800dpi

G500 = 5700dpi

1600 dpi 518 does not has, and also it's called drift control you bitchy ninnies, and it's not just in quick snaps.
flying_critter
Banned
+4|5003
razer series mice is what i have used for bf2. mainly the copperhead
FloppY_
­

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

RDMC wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

/facepalm

MX518 = 1800dpi

G500 = 5700dpi

1600 dpi 518 does not has, and also it's called drift control you bitchy ninnies, and it's not just in quick snaps.
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-poin … vices/4259

MX518 = 1800 dpi

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-08-14 12:33:05)

H3RB4L ABU53
MX518 is optical, MX518 sensor tracks better than any laser mouse out when set to 1000hz. And optical>laser (I'm no fanboy I use a G9 myself)

The 518 has angle snapping, you can't disable it at all.

The G9x has angle snapping too (it's called "mouse prediction" as well) and you can disable it in Setpoint, basically if you slide the mouse in a horizontal line it attempts to straighten it out- like I said that can make you either hit more, or less, it depends what you're used to.

Google it or something before you try to make me sound stupid lol and btw DPI means nothing at all in terms of accuracy- it's just hardware based sensitivity and if you don't find something like 1800dpi enough then I'd say you're playing way too high sens because super high dpi is marketting hype, as long as you are above 400dpi you will have good tracking. The higher your dpi the more negative accel you'll get too.

Only thing something like 6000dpi is good for is if you have a massive monitor(s) and you're finding the cursor too slow round Windows

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2010-08-14 14:03:09)

NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6466

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

And optical>laser
And how come?
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
H3RB4L ABU53
Lasers track on more surfaces but opticals track better on mouse pads (and most lasers give negative acceleration). A lot of pro quake gamers use either MX518 or Microsoft WMO they're both optical and they're both got pretty much no features compared to newer mice, doesn't mean they're worse (WMO looks like a complete noobs mouse).

If anything the newer mice are worse they concentrate on cool new features (e.g. more dpi) and extra buttons rather than a decent tracking sensor it's just gimmicks to make people want to buy them.

If you are a high sens player than it doesn't really matter much most mice will be pretty good but on low sens you need low dpi (400 minimum) and good tracking otherwise it will skip- and that's not good lol

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2010-08-14 18:06:10)

BVC
+325|6693
IMO early 2000s Genius Netscroll optical (asymetric shape) > Razer diamondback > MX518.

Yes I've owned all three, and yes I'm serious.

I went from the genius one to an MX518, which gave me RSI after 30 mins almost every time I used it, to the razer which I have now - no RSI, but I still have to take breaks.  I could use the genius all day and night and not get any pain.  Big hands.

Of course, its just opinion based on personal suitability/experience - OP you should go into a few stores and try out display models to find a shape which you like.

Last edited by Pubic (2010-08-19 03:22:50)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

I am really liking my Razer DeathAdder.  I made the switch from the MX518 and won't go back.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard