GullyFoyle
+25|5356
I've set up a somewhat different Bad Company 2 Server, if any of you want to try it out.
It's a 16 player server, located in Dallas Texas, USA.  If there are eight or less players on the server, it will cycle through all the Conquest and Squad Deathmatch maps.  If there are more than eight players, it will cycle through ALL of the Conquest, Rush, and Squad Deathmatch maps.

I call it "Maximum Variety".  It's alternating Conquest (1 round, and Rush (2 rounds, attack/defend), with a Squad Deathmatch map thrown in every 4th map.

The server is not standard Hardcore (minimap & crosshairs, etc., are enabled), but has several settings that DICE considers "Hardcore":

Friendly Fire is On.  If you shoot your team mate, they will die.  That's just the the way I think it should be played.
Hopefully, this being on will affect some of the standard strategies people have been using in Rush, ie, mortaring or lobbing grenades or Gustavs in to the Mcoms while several of your team mates are guarding it, impervious to your mayhem.
I don't think this affects how mines work.  I haven't tested how this affects C4 on the UAV/jeeps/choppers, but I assume it will destroy the vehicle now.
Tank drivers will have to learn to sit still in their tank while it's being repaired, and not run over their engineer team mates, or they won't be repaired.

3D spotting is Off.  Spotting works like it did in BF2.  Spotted players will show up on the minimap, and the main map, but will not show up in the main view with triangles over their head!

Everything else on this server is set at default ("core").  Like many of you, I would have been happy if they had recreated the BF2 experience with a new engine.  This is one of the goals I had in mind when setting up this server.  If the server becomes popular, upping the player count to max is certainly a possibility.

Additional settings:

Killcam is On.  I know this one is controversial to some people.  Especially for noobs, but even for some veteran players that I know, spawn...die, spawn...die a few times without ever seeing your shooter = rage-quit. Not fun.  Turning the tables and getting revenge on the guy that killed you five times in a row?  Fun!  Good for you that you know some great sniping spots...find a few of them and learn to rotate through them.  Also, this setting means the server is teabag enabled!  (Important to some people I know!)

Teams are randomized on every map change.  A third party program is being utilized to shuffle the teams, preserving squads.  If you are in a squad with your buddies, your whole group is moved together.  Squads and players are ranked based on their performance in the previous round, and an attempt is made to evenly distribute the skill across the teams.  Hopefully, this keeps the games competitive and prevents one side from dominating across several rounds, until all the people on the other side just leave in disgust!

Here is the server info
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/207.210.252.145:19567/b_560x95.png
In game you can search for just "GFC" (Upper Case!) in the server name filter, and make sure Hardcore servers are not filtered out.

Feel free to use our TeamSpeak 3 Server at  64.34.171.212:9996

This servers tag line is:  IN WAR THERE ARE NO RULES! If it's in the game, it's fair game.  Adapt, overcome, or GTFO!

Let me know if this sounds interesting to you, or if you have any other suggestions!

See you on the Battlefield!

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2010-08-11 13:17:57)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
Seems like you've put a lot of effort into this. Like the third party apps and the settings.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Christbane
+51|6204
sounds like a fun setup!  I like the 3d spotting changes it should only show on the mini map anyway.  I'll try it out if I get time at work today, for sure tonight when I get home.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Haven't played BC2 in ages, but honestly this looks like a great reason to get back into it. Your settings seem intriguing, and I can't wait to give it a go this weekend.
Christbane
+51|6204
was empty when I got on so I ran around with the bradley blowing up houses for a while but no one joined.  is there a time when your clan is active there?
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5874|CA
This sounds fun, I'll definitely favorite this one next time I'm playing.
GullyFoyle
+25|5356

Christbane wrote:

was empty when I got on so I ran around with the bradley blowing up houses for a while but no one joined.  is there a time when your clan is active there?
I'm trying to muster the troops.  I've got my fingers crossed for Friday night.  Check back then.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard