mmmmmm deep fried snickers bar
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

11 Bravo wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

lowing is about as profound as a snickers bar
mmmmmm deep fried snickers bar
.......and eleven bravo is as profound as saying,  "lowing is as profound as a snickers bar".

Last edited by lowing (2010-08-19 15:20:00)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5261|foggy bottom
what a terrible, terrible reply.
Tu Stultus Es
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command

eleven bravo wrote:

what a terrible, terrible reply.
Like minds?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Turquoise wrote:

Varegg wrote:

*The size of Norways population has little to do with how our regulations works, if we had a much larger population the same economic principles would apply, economic caution and budget balance doesn't consider borders nor the size of a countries population.
While I agree with the rest of your post, I will have to say that the level of regulation that works in an economy changes as your population grows.  It's much harder to properly regulate a large country (in terms of population).
Hence why I stated that the economic principles are the same no matter how big your populace or country is, the level and type of regulation must be suited that specific economy ...

Just different wording but we essentially agree
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Varegg wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Varegg wrote:

*The size of Norways population has little to do with how our regulations works, if we had a much larger population the same economic principles would apply, economic caution and budget balance doesn't consider borders nor the size of a countries population.
While I agree with the rest of your post, I will have to say that the level of regulation that works in an economy changes as your population grows.  It's much harder to properly regulate a large country (in terms of population).
Hence why I stated that the economic principles are the same no matter how big your populace or country is, the level and type of regulation must be suited that specific economy ...

Just different wording but we essentially agree
No Varegg, you stated this:

"Back to the financial crisis, in Norway we have good regulations concerning "THIS market" ...HENCE why we had just a small hickup in comparison to most other countries" ...

you are clearly arguing that your govt. regulation is the only reason that you were not affected more than you were.
I argued that you only had a small hiccup in "THIS market" because of your relatively small roll in "THIS market".  Nothing more nothing less.

By the way, I loved your little dig on America and Ramadan. I have no doubt you, for when Muslims celebrated 9/11 they did so carefree and in the open.

Last edited by lowing (2010-08-20 08:28:12)

Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

Could it be Norway was more responsible than the USA, thus suffered less consequences during the global recession? Why did a state like Neveda suffer more from the housing bubble than Texas, a state much bigger?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Phrozenbot wrote:

Could it be Norway was more responsible than the USA, thus suffered less consequences during the global recession? Why did a state like Neveda suffer more from the housing bubble than Texas, a state much bigger?
Like I said, Norway, for whatever reason you want to cite, does not affect or is affected by the economical swing of the global pendulum like the US does. I merely offered this as the reason for its "hiccup" and not fuckin governmental wisdom.
Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

If Norway had the resources, land, and population of the United States, they probably would affect the global economy on the same scale as we do. Norway is just one country that makes up the EU and the EU's recession has made a global impact.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Phrozenbot wrote:

If Norway had the resources, land, and population of the United States, they probably would affect the global economy on the same scale as we do. Norway is just one country that makes up the EU and the EU's recession has made a global impact.
Varegg did not cite the EU in his point, he cited Norway, and its ingenious govt. as the reason for its "hiccup".
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

Like I said, Norway, for whatever reason you want to cite, does not affect or is affected by the economical swing of the global pendulum like the US does. I merely offered this as the reason for its "hiccup" and not fuckin governmental wisdom.
Its thanks to governmental wisdom that they aren't affected.
Just guessing, lets assume Norway didn't invest its state pension investment funds or allow its major banks to invest their assets in flaky US mortgage bonds whereas Iceland, an even smaller country than Norway did.

Iceland is royally screwed, Norway is sitting pretty, thanks to government foresight and its investment bankers not putting short-term personal gain ahead of the long-term interests of the banks and their customers.

Countries basically choose how far they want to be exposed to external risk.

Same goes for Australia, prudent banks, reasonable govt regulation -> Not so much trouble when the US eats itself.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-08-20 18:59:41)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

Its thanks to governmental wisdom that they aren't affected.
Just guessing, lets assume Norway didn't invest its state pension investment funds or allow its major banks to invest their assets in flaky US mortgage bonds whereas Iceland, an even smaller country than Norway did.

Iceland is royally screwed, Norway is sitting pretty, thanks to government foresight and its investment bankers not putting short-term personal gain ahead of the long-term interests of the banks and their customers.

Countries basically choose how far they want to be exposed to external risk.

Same goes for Australia, prudent banks, reasonable govt regulation -> Not so much trouble when the US eats itself.
You might be right, lets also assume Norway is not the leader of the free world in defense, aid, sanctuary, medical, industry, etc....

Is that what happened? Oh, ya see I thought it was a liberal congress that decided that every mooch and loser that could not normally qualify for a loan be GIVEN a loan anyway, and so they threatened the banks if they did not comply with this mandate, to the inevitable outcome of the mooching class, staying true to their nature, reneged on their loans.

Incidentally these are the same people that are reneging on Obama's "Home Affordable Modification Program". Any guesses as to how much of the producing classes money that cost us? oh only 75 billion dollars.

Last edited by lowing (2010-08-21 09:30:59)

Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

That we do not have a huge impact on global economics doesn't mean global economics doesn't affect us lowing ... as mentioned several times before similar economies in size did get the financial crisis pretty bad, Iceland and Denmark are good examples ... Sweden that pretty much have the same regulations as Norway are recovering fast.

And lowing ... I never said the US should adapt the same regulations as Norway, I merely stated that the regulations we have works for us ... and I have also stated that your lack of proper regulation is a factor why the US isn't doing to good at the moment ...

And as I've also said a million times now ... don't spend more than you earn is a good economic principle and it applies to both personal and government economy ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5239|Cleveland, Ohio

Varegg wrote:

don't spend more than you earn is a good economic principle and it applies to both personal and government economy ...
how would you buy a house or car?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

11 Bravo wrote:

Varegg wrote:

don't spend more than you earn is a good economic principle and it applies to both personal and government economy ...
'affordability' is considered in more terms than just liquid-assets...

the government doesn't just deal in liquid cash when it budgets, either...
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

11 Bravo wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Possibly the only two exceptions ...
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Varegg wrote:

That we do not have a huge impact on global economics doesn't mean global economics doesn't affect us lowing ... as mentioned several times before similar economies in size did get the financial crisis pretty bad, Iceland and Denmark are good examples ... Sweden that pretty much have the same regulations as Norway are recovering fast.

And lowing ... I never said the US should adapt the same regulations as Norway, I merely stated that the regulations we have works for us ... and I have also stated that your lack of proper regulation is a factor why the US isn't doing to good at the moment ...

And as I've also said a million times now ... don't spend more than you earn is a good economic principle and it applies to both personal and government economy ...
hmmmm yeah the US, a 240 year old (super power) country the leader of the free world, compared to the 1500 year old countries in Europe that follow is doing it all wrong because 20-30 out of the past 240 years have fell on hard times..... Yeah, we got it all worng Varegg. Wonder who would protect you if we followed Europes lead.
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

hmmmm yeah the US, a 240 year old (super power) country the leader of the free world, compared to the 1500 year old countries in Europe that follow is doing it all wrong because 20-30 out of the past 240 years have fell on hard times..... Yeah, we got it all worng Varegg. Wonder who would protect you if we followed Europes lead.
... where did I say the US got it all wrong lowing?

And what does the age of a country have anything to do with it?

And protect us from what?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

... where did I say the US got it all wrong lowing?

And what does the age of a country have anything to do with it?

And protect us from what?
gimme a fuckin break Varegg.

considering that we went from scratch to the leader of the free  world in 240 years, should lead one to think we might have done something right.

considering your history, yourselves mainly.
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Never said you did everything wrong or didn't do anything right lowing, where did you get that idea?

And again:
*What has the age of a country to do with it?
*And considering our history what exactly? ... care to elaborate?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina

Phrozenbot wrote:

While I agree with the last several posts you've made, it should be noted that Norway is not part of the EU.  They do trade a lot with the EU though.
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Turquoise wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

While I agree with the last several posts you've made, it should be noted that Norway is not part of the EU.  They do trade a lot with the EU though.
We have one foot inside EU through the EEA agreement between EU and EFTA since 1994 ...
Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

Turquoise wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

I should have said Europe instead of the EU. My apologies.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard