SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6132|North Tonawanda, NY

Ioan92 wrote:

I saw that you guys learn friction in university.

We learn that in the 9th grade, starting next year we will begin Energy, then Quantum, Thermodynamic and so on.

So kindly, shut the fuck up
1-I learned friction in highschool for both regents physics and AP.  Many others are just like me in that regard.
2-You say that as though they are difficult to grasp.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire

Ioan92 wrote:

And yet, need I remind you that without us, you'd still be flying in DC-3's.

Thank Henri Coanda for your jets.
someone else would have helped invent jets then v0v
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Ioan92
+337|5724

SenorToenails wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

We learn that in the 9th grade, starting next year we will begin Energy, then Quantum, Thermodynamic and so on.

1-I learned friction in highschool for both regents physics and AP.  Many others are just like me in that regard.
musta been a gud skool,

wtf is hard to grasp in Ff=u x FN anywais

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

Ioan92 wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

musta been a gud skool,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZGbtK2K … re=related
we dont care man, the fuck does that have to do with the thread? so you're a physics student...

that means fucking what to do with your credibility on political, economical and social matters?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Ioan92
+337|5724

Uzique wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

musta been a gud skool,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZGbtK2K … re=related
we dont care man, the fuck does that have to do with the thread? so you're a physics student...

that means fucking what to do with your credibility on political, economical and social matters?
ahhh uzique, you're so easy to bait
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
yeah okay the last 2 pages with you bragging about inventing jets is 'baiting'

and nothing at all to do with your gay little penchant for flight sims and your school physics course

have a gold star and shut up
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Ioan92
+337|5724

Uzique wrote:

yeah okay the last 2 pages with you bragging about inventing jets is 'baiting'

and nothing at all to do with your gay little penchant for flight sims and your school physics course

have a gold star and shut up
actually i was wondering when you would come

i love you soo much uzique, i dream of you at night, i make nightmares thinking another fag would have you instead of me

xxxxxx
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6661|The darkside of Denver
Man, I dotn see why you guys have to be such assholes.  I never claimed that vaccines and flouride were going to poison me or anyone else.  I never took any shots at you guys so I think its quite unfair for you poke fun at me.  I respect your opinion on the matter and never took it to a personal level.  All I did was state that because of your backgrounds you were probably not apt to taking any of this seriously.

There certainly is a push in the direction of globalism and global governance happening, I think we can all agree on that.  Thats all I've ever rallied against, I fear that with the bringing of a supranational global structure the ideals that my country were built upon will be essentially overturned or challenged by this system.  That type of system would negate everything America stood for and everything that people like GS and Marine fought for.

Last edited by SonderKommando (2010-08-13 10:31:27)

TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6441|Brisbane, Australia

loltrolled I play flight sims
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Ioan92
+337|5724

SonderKommando wrote:

Man, I dotn see why you guys have to be such assholes.  I never claimed that vaccines and flouride were going to poison me or anyone else.  I never took any shots at you guys so I think its quite unfair for you poke fun at me.  I respect your opinion on the matter and never took it to a personal level.  All I did was state that because of your backgrounds you were probably not apt to taking any of this seriously.

There certainly is a push in the direction of globalism and global governance happening, I think we can all agree on that.  Thats all I've ever rallied against, I fear that with the bringing of a supranational global structure the ideals that my country was built upon will be essentially overturned or challenged by a this system.  That type of system would negate everything America stood for and everything that people like GS and Marine fought for.
I would like to add that I do not think that "Americans" control their country, the president neigter, it just sounds ilogic seeing their progress, in my opinion it might not neccesarily be the illuminati shit controlling them but just the army or the "secret services" kind of shit. Same would apply to all  at least half assed countries.
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
Ignoring the obvious here...

What's a half assed country?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5261|foggy bottom
i would say romania but thats more of 1/4
Tu Stultus Es
Ioan92
+337|5724
as long as it has a govt
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
Riveting.
rdx-fx
+955|6593

eleven bravo wrote:

conspiracy nuts invest so much emotion in their belief that they refuse to recognize or acknowledge any other answer than the one they are looking for

JohnG@lt wrote:

Sounds like religion.
Conspiracy Theory, Religion, UFOs & Alien Abduction, X-Files
Same root cause;

https://xfphotos.fredfarm.com/season2/colony/cap252.jpg

To not be so much of a sarcastic ass about it;

Humans have an innate drive to understand, order, and organize their environment.
More so than any other creature, that need to make sense of our environment defines humanity.
When that desire for the world to follow a controlled path exceeds our ability to understand or control, we fall back on belief.
We make up stories around the campfire, to distract us from the dark, and pretend there is something protecting us from the growls in the woods.
And that gets most of the tribe through the night.

Gods, Demons, dictators, Illuminati, The Man, Hitler, Stalin, Saddam - or - Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Yahweh
Good or Evil, as long as there is something in charge, and rules that can be understood - people can live with that.
A random, capricious, uncaring, uncontrolled universe, however.. Something about that frightens people in a deep, primitive, instinctual way.

Reminds me of;
Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, and Wisdom to know the difference

Wish people would repeat that to themselves a little more, and blindly grasp at ill-conceived fairy tales a little less.

Last edited by rdx-fx (2010-08-13 11:48:55)

mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d

rdx-fx wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

conspiracy nuts invest so much emotion in their belief that they refuse to recognize or acknowledge any other answer than the one they are looking for

JohnG@lt wrote:

Sounds like religion.
Conspiracy Theory, Religion, UFOs & Alien Abduction, X-Files
Same root cause;

http://xfphotos.fredfarm.com/season2/colony/cap252.jpg

To not be so much of a sarcastic ass about it;

Humans have an innate drive to understand, order, and organize their environment.
More so than any other creature, that need to make sense of our environment defines humanity.
Up until this part, I thought you were talking about the basis of science.
rdx-fx
+955|6593

mafia996630 wrote:

Same root drive, I'd say.

Desire to explain, understand, or control the world around you.
Some go the route of empiricism, science, logic - some go the route of belief, tradition, and religion - some get lost in the middle.

One caveman invented Fire, another told tales of Prometheus stealing fire from the Gods, and the third.. well, he started barbecuing people that didn't follow his rules.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d

rdx-fx wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

Some go the route of empiricism, science, logic - some go the route of belief, tradition, and religion - some get lost in the middle.

One caveman invented Fire, another told tales of Prometheus stealing fire from the Gods, and the third.. well, he started barbecuing people that didn't follow his rules.
In essence; we are all trying to find the truth. Could be a man in a white coat trying to find it, or it could be a so called "conspiracy nut".

My point being, unless you are able to overwhelm either with undeniable logic/reasoning, they will believe what they think is the truth. This thread has far from overwhelmed the "conspiracy nuts" with logic/reasoning and to suggest they lack intelligence due to it, is silly.

My belief is that there is a reason why all these symbols have been put where they are.

On a side note, I disagree with you and think its good humans are this way as it can form the beginnings to many great things.

Last edited by mafia996630 (2010-08-13 13:23:21)

rdx-fx
+955|6593

mafia996630 wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

In essence; we are all trying to find the truth. Could be a man in a white coat trying to find it, or it could be a so called "conspiracy nut".
On a side note, I disagree with you and think its good humans are this way as it can form the beginnings to many great things.
Good, bad, or indifferent. Doesn't matter. It's just how people are wired.

Same drive can inspire wonderful discoveries, or drive men into madness, or just provide some peace and comfort.

The pitfall I see in most conspiracy theories is that they take a hard-won kernel of truth, then wrap it in a web of fantasy and conjecture.

Every little gem of a hidden truth discovered, does not need to be linked to a "it goes all the way to the top" conspiracy.
Sometimes it is enough to say, "Hey, look at this! Isn't this interesting? Dunno WTF it means, but it's interesting".

Sometimes "We don't know" is the only answer you have, for the time being.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d

rdx-fx wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

Good, bad, or indifferent. Doesn't matter. It's just how people are wired.

Same drive can inspire wonderful discoveries, or drive men into madness, or just provide some peace and comfort.

The pitfall I see in most conspiracy theories is that they take a hard-won kernel of truth, then wrap it in a web of fantasy and conjecture.

Every little gem of a hidden truth discovered, does not need to be linked to a "it goes all the way to the top" conspiracy.
Sometimes it is enough to say, "Hey, look at this! Isn't this interesting? Dunno WTF it means, but it's interesting".

Sometimes "We don't know" is the only answer you have, for the time being.
By using words such as "fantasy", you undermine it to a level where one would think you are talking about dragons and vampires.

Every little seed is part of the ecosystem, secondly its not human nature to accept things so why do you insist on singling out your application to a topic like this ?

Why don't you go to a scientist and force him to recognize that death a part of life and that he should say "We don't know".

Last edited by mafia996630 (2010-08-13 13:55:11)

SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6132|North Tonawanda, NY

mafia996630 wrote:

Why don't you go to a scientist and force him to recognize that death a part of life and that he should say "We don't know".
As we understand it today, death is the ultimate end of life...what is so controversial about that?  Delaying death is a topic for study, for sure, but what about that statement would be bad for the scientist?
rdx-fx
+955|6593

mafia996630 wrote:

By using words such as "fantasy", you undermine it to a level where one would think you are talking about dragons and vampires.
And there are people that believe vampires are real too.

I use the word Fantasy, not as a dismissive derogatory term.  I use the word Fantasy as it is defined, "imagination unrestricted by reality".

There is Fact, then there are intelligent theories based on those facts, then there is the leap where a few kernels of knowledge are used to provide credibility to fantasy.  Every good fiction author knows how to weave fact and fantasy into an entertaining story.

The line between theory and fantasy is blurry for some, though.
The Bilderburg meetings are a fact,
it's a fact that the people involved are disproportionately powerful and influential.
Making the leap to grand conspiracy involving a lizard-demon sounds like fantasy to me.

mafia996630 wrote:

Every little seed is part of the ecosystem, secondly its not human nature to accept things so why do you insist on singling out your application to a topic like this ?
Not sure where you're going with that.
On one hand, people find comfort in belief, in tradition, in things-as-they-are, in continuity.  They tend to violently resist change in those core areas.

On another hand, people are driven to understand and discover too.  Sometimes the discoveries cause violent change in and of themselves.

mafia996630 wrote:

"We don't know, for the time being" is the point.
There is a key difference in knowing a specific thing for fact, and using that kernel of knowledge as the heart of a shoddy framework explaining far more than your knowledge supports.

Know what you know, know what you don't know, have the good sense to know the difference, and the honesty not to make shit up just because it sounds good.

To put it better;
"it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think I know what I do not know" Socrates

And just because we do not know something now, doesn't mean we cannot try to find the answer.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d

SenorToenails wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

As we understand it today, death is the ultimate end of life...what is so controversial about that?  Delaying death is a topic for study, for sure, but what about that statement would be bad for the scientist?
I was simply suggesting that while many people acknowledge death is a part of life, a scientist who believes that there must be a way we can live forever, will not say "We don't know" and leave it at that.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d

rdx wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

And there are people that believe vampires are real too.

I use the word Fantasy, not as a dismissive derogatory term.  I use the word Fantasy as it is defined, "imagination unrestricted by reality".

There is Fact, then there are intelligent theories based on those facts, then there is the leap where a few kernels of knowledge are used to provide credibility to fantasy.  Every good fiction author knows how to weave fact and fantasy into an entertaining story.

The line between theory and fantasy is blurry for some, though.
The Bilderburg meetings are a fact,
it's a fact that the people involved are disproportionately powerful and influential.
Making the leap to grand conspiracy involving a lizard-demon sounds like fantasy to me.
And those people are far moved from reality.

Yea that does sound like a fantasy, but you must at-least gasp the sinister properties of such a meeting ? and if you do that, the result will probably be your own need to ask questions and consequently you will be told that you are a conspiracy nut.

rdx wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

Not sure where you're going with that.
On one hand, people find comfort in belief, in tradition, in things-as-they-are, in continuity.  They tend to violently resist change in those core areas.

On another hand, people are driven to understand and discover too.  Sometimes the discoveries cause violent change in and of themselves.
I was simply responding to your comment (below), and implying that while a seed might seem small; the implications can be mind blowing.

"Every little gem of a hidden truth discovered, does not need to be linked to a "it goes all the way to the top" conspiracy."

rdx wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

"We don't know, for the time being" is the point.
There is a key difference in knowing a specific thing for fact, and using that kernel of knowledge as the heart of a shoddy framework explaining far more than your knowledge supports.

Know what you know, know what you don't know, have the good sense to know the difference, and the honesty not to make shit up just because it sounds good.

To put it better;
"it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think I know what I do not know" Socrates

And just because we do not know something now, doesn't mean we cannot try to find the answer.
Your condition of 'time' seems inconsistent with the rest of the paragraph. From what i understand your saying the following : If you don't know, accept it for what it is, as in time you will know and certainly don't make up bullshit reasons.  And if you are saying that; i think its wrong as the minute you start accepting it for what it is, you will never find out.

I see it in steps, also your last line can be applied to conspiracy nuts as they are also trying to find the answer/truth (as i stated earlier).
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d
On a separate note for those who 'don't believe', please explain to me why  that stupid pyramid thing is so popular ? what with it being on the dollar, etc. 

Is anyone gone sit there and tell me that its a coincidence ?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard