Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

You seem quite proud of your countryman Locke. One has to wonder why your homeland turned its back on the beautiful ideas that he expressed and replaced them with ugly conformity. While my country still upholds English philosophy, your own has tried its hardest to mimic Prussian rigidity.
Have you even been to England?
Nope. Irrelevant anyway since it comes through in politics. Labour Party killed the country.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
And now England has a Conservative govt, so the country has hardly 'turned its back'......
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

And now England has a Conservative govt, so the country has hardly 'turned its back'......
Only because they hated Brown
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Still, the US has done the exact opposite, voting for totalitarian Obama because they hated freedom Bush.
rdx-fx
+955|6591

Dilbert_X wrote:

Still, the US has done the exact opposite, voting for totalitarian Obama because they hated freedom Bush.
There's the trick with US politicians;

Authoritarians masked by a "We care about the little people (as long as they're the largest voting block)" fiction,
or
Neo-Cons, bought and paid for by the lobbyists for Big Business and Big Religion, masked in the fiction of "Family Values, Freedom, Ethics, Religion, the Flag, and Apple Pie"

Pick whichever one makes you want to gag the least, or throw away your vote on someone that can't win.

Trickle Down Economics has turned into Piss On Everyone Economics
and
A "hand up" has turned into a "handout"
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
http://www.dailytech.com/Taliban+Murder … e19250.htm

GG wikileaks getting people killed.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

Cybargs wrote:

http://www.dailytech.com/Taliban+Murders+Afghan+Elder+Thanks+Wikileaks+for+Revealing+Spies/article19250.htm

GG wikileaks getting people killed.
Hey now...don't be so judgmental. Mr Assange is a pro:

We feel confident. The material is seven months old; we reviewed it extensively. We held back 15,000 documents that we felt needed further review because the type of classifications they had. We've been publishing for four years a range of material that has caused the changing of constitutions and the removal of governments, but there's never been a case that we are aware of that has resulted in the personal injury of anyone.
He's been doing this for four whole years. Since the material is seven months old, there's no way it could harm anyone. I mean, people don't keep their status secret for longer than say, six months, tops...right, Mr Assange? I think I read that somewhere on the internet...

What a fucking douchenozzle. Sleep well. That's the first of many deaths that are on your hands, Julian.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
One thing which has come out of this leak is that, while telling the world they believe he is dead, the CIA believe Bin Laden is alive and directing Mujahedeen operations.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Imma gonna post this in this thread too.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Chilling new details have arisen about the data-gathering tactics of Bradley Manning, the army analyst who allegedly leaked classified information to Wikileaks. In order to covertly remove files from army computers, Manning reportedly transferred intelligence information to discs disguised as Lady Gaga CDs. It seems that while Defense Department computers did not allow the use of external hard drives, soldiers could still use them to play compact discs. Apparently Manning, while only pretending to listen to Lady Gaga’s many terrific pop songs, was really downloading data to the discs. Gaga has never before been co-opted by the army for such surprising ends. Except maybe that once.

The New York Times, despite assigning to the story maybe the most uninteresting headline of all time (“Loophole May Have Aided Theft of Classified Data”), lets the punning begin about halfway through the piece: “He was able to avoid detection not because he kept a poker face, they said, but apparently because he hummed and lip-synched to Lady Gaga songs to make it appear that he was using the classified computer’s CD player to listen to music.” A classic case of subterfuge-by-”Summerboy.”
http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/ … theft.html
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
A Michigan congressman said this week that if an Army private charged with leaking classified material to the whistleblower website WikiLeaks is found guilty, he should be sentenced to death.

Republican Rep. Mike Rogers, a member of the House Intelligence Committee, told a local radio station on Monday that the charges against Pvt. Bradley Manning are worthy of capital punishment.

"We know for a fact that people will likely be killed because of this information being disclosed," he told Michigan-based WHMI. "That's pretty serious. If they don't charge him with treason, they ought to charge him with murder.

"I argue the death penalty clearly should be considered here," he said. "He clearly aided the enemy to what may result in the death of U.S. soldiers . . . If that is not a capital offense, I don't know what is."

Manning is being held at the Quantico Marine Corps Base in northern Virginia, awaiting possible trial on 12 offenses.

He is accused of leaking a helicopter cockpit video from Iraq that WikiLeaks posted in April, and a classified cable from the U.S. Embassy in Reykjavik, Iceland, dated Jan. 13, 2010, that also has appeared on WikiLeaks.

Manning also is charged with illegally obtaining more than 150,000 classified State Department cables and leaking more than 50 of them. It's not clear from the charges, though, whether the allegedly diverted documents were those published on the WikiLeaks site.

"He put soldiers at risk who are out there fighting for their country," Rogers said. "And he put people who are cooperating with the United States government clearly at risk -- them forever. Our soldiers will be out of that combat zone one day;  those folks will never be."

Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, have called the release of the documents that WikiLeaks calls its "Afghan War Diary" deeply damaging and potentially life-threatening for Afghan informants or others who have taken risks to help the U.S. and NATO war effort.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has dismissed allegations that innocent people or informants had been put in danger by the publication of the documents.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08 … tleblower/

I'm not religious but I'll toss out an Amen.
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina

JohnG@lt wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/03/congressman-calls-execution-wikileaks-whistleblower/

I'm not religious but I'll toss out an Amen.
Robert Hanssen did far more damage and got a life sentence instead.  Manning should certainly go to jail, but execution is going too far.  Also, you'd lose a key witness if you pushed for that --  Adrian Lamo has refused to testify against Manning if the death penalty is pursued in this case.

That being said, wikileaks is a perfect demonstration of why the freedom of the press doesn't include classified information (nor does the Freedom of Information Act).
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
"I argue the death penalty clearly should be considered here," he said. "He clearly aided the enemy to what may result in the death of U.S. soldiers . . . If that is not a capital offense, I don't know what is."
Same for Bush and Cheney.
13rin
+977|6479
Bush was great up to the end & Cheney is a God, may they both enjoy the rest of their days in peacefull bliss.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
dick cheney was a coward chicken hawk draft dodger.  at least bush served (barely)
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Same for Bush and Cheney.
You really need to get over that. It's been almost ten years. Are you going to lie on your deathbed bitching about how Bush and Cheney ruined your life? Please.

If it's just an attempt to troll, you should update your material. I don't think anyone gives a shit about either of them anymore.
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Bush was great up to the end & Cheney is a God, may they both enjoy the rest of their days in peacefull bliss.
Why must people's perceptions of Bush be hyperbolic?  I'm not saying Bush was the worst president we've had, but he certainly wasn't a "great" president either.

The marks against Cheney seem mostly justified though -- he was one of the most manipulative vice presidents we've ever had.  He's on the same level as Spiro Agnew when it comes to corruption.
rdx-fx
+955|6591
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has dismissed allegations that innocent people or informants had been put in danger by the publication of the documents.
After WikiLeaks published a trove of U.S. intelligence documents—some of which listed the names and villages of Afghans who had been secretly cooperating with the American military—it didn’t take long for the Taliban to react. A spokesman for the group quickly threatened to ‘punish’ any Afghan listed as having ‘collaborated’ with the U.S. and the Kabul authorities against the growing Taliban insurgency. In recent days, the Taliban has demonstrated how seriously those threats should be considered. Late last week, just four days after the documents were published, death threats began arriving at the homes of key tribal elders in southern Afghanistan. And over the weekend one tribal elder, Khalifa Abdullah, who the Taliban believed had been in close contact with the Americans, was taken from his home in Monar village, in Kandahar province’s embattled Arghandab district, and executed by insurgent gunmen.
Dumbass is in denial.

The Taliban and Al quaeda both, are publicly saying 'Thanks for the WikiLeaks intel dump. We're going to use it to target people named as American collaborators! Look at the stupid Westerners, losing all this valuable information - look at righteous us, making such good use of this information.'

It's not speculation.  They're openly saying it.
13rin
+977|6479

Turquoise wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Why must people's perceptions of Bush be hyperbolic?  I'm not saying Bush was the worst president we've had, but he certainly wasn't a "great" president either.

The marks against Cheney seem mostly justified though -- he was one of the most manipulative vice presidents we've ever had.  He's on the same level as Spiro Agnew when it comes to corruption.
I was just tweaking Dil as it seems he can't make it through a thread without bashing Bush or Israel.  I liked Bush up until the end.  I never knew why he did those bailouts (didn't agree) and couldn't figure out why he didn't defend himself more when the d's/media started slandering him. 

Compared to this administration, Cheney isn't corrupt.  Go on though -bring up Haliburton.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
cheney's stock in haliburton went up 3000% in value post iraq invasion
Tu Stultus Es
oChaos.Haze
+90|6438

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Compared to this administration, Cheney isn't corrupt.  Go on though -bring up Haliburton.
lmfao, what dream world are you in?  Are you serious with that?  Are you one of those guys who still believes the swiftboat shit, and that the ACORN hoax was real?

Even Cheney's mom would look at the situation and say, "Yeah that's one corrupt mafackah!"
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
DB is a cool cat, his political views just really hurt my feelings
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

oChaos.Haze wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

lmfao, what dream world are you in?  Are you serious with that?  Are you one of those guys who still believes the swiftboat shit, and that the ACORN hoax was real?

Even Cheney's mom would look at the situation and say, "Yeah that's one corrupt mafackah!"
Acorn hoax? So you're saying that the members of Acorn did not really say what was recorded on film? Were they dubbed over?

Did John Kerry not throw his medals away? Were you there with him in Vietnam to witness him earning his medals? Sure, it was overdone, but I'd put money on the guy being a total coward.

Who's the brainwashed one?
-Frederick Bastiat
rdx-fx
+955|6591

oChaos.Haze wrote:

lmfao, what dream world are you in?  Are you serious with that?  Are you one of those guys who still believes [...] that the ACORN hoax was real?
So Johanns Amendment #2355 to H.R. 3288 never happened? 
Those resolutions in the House and Senate were imaginary?
Those 5 videos were all a dream?

Oh, right.. all that good advice those ACORN advisors were dumping on the "Pimp 'n Ho".. 
"We all just playin' We're gonna turn 'em in to the Police right after"

No, their ass got caught, and they tried to spin it. 
House and Senate passed legislation to defund them.

Now who's living in a Dream world, seeing only what they want to see?

There's slimeballs on both sides of the US political mess.
If you automatically assume your side is always honest, and the other side is always at fault, regardless of any evidence presented, you're beyond delusional.

Last edited by rdx-fx (2010-08-04 14:37:12)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468

rdx-fx wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

lmfao, what dream world are you in?  Are you serious with that?  Are you one of those guys who still believes [...] that the ACORN hoax was real?

Oh, right.. all that good advice those ACORN advisors were dumping on the "Pimp 'n Ho".. 

If you automatically assume your side is always honest, and the other side is always at fault, regardless of any evidence presented, you're beyond delusional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UOL9Jh61S8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgqORp48uik
Those videos were found to be a hoax, and the guy who made them got arrested for trying to wiretap the campaign office of some Democrat somewhere.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UOL9Jh61S8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgqORp48uik
Those videos were found to be a hoax, and the guy who made them got arrested for trying to wiretap the campaign office of some Democrat somewhere.
Your definition of hoax must be different from mine.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard