cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6696|NJ
Well here's a cop getting a horrible criminal off the streets for Lowing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gKqs9L-WU4

Wait so you'd shoot someone who was going to take your property, but if they had your property and were running away you wouldn't back shoot them? I call Bullshit, because if you'd shoot the person because you want to defend your property then you'd shoot them in the back. If it was because they were a threat to you when they were getting the property, I'd understand. But saying that you'd protect your property unless they had it, that's just silly and not the same story.

Also if you followed the criminal to aid the arrest it's called Vigilantism and is punishable by law. I watched cops once where a woman bought a crack rock from a dealer, trying to get him off the streets, then got arrested for possession.

Also they're trying to pass this law, because people are filming cops doing totally out of line abusive stuff. Lowing is saying, yeah criminals getting beat is low on his list of people to protect, but this is America and we're all criminals. I can guarantee that Lowings broken at least 4 laws today.

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2010-08-02 09:43:36)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Well here's a cop getting a horrible criminal off the streets for Lowing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gKqs9L-WU4

Wait so you'd shoot someone who was going to take your property, but if they had your property and were running away you wouldn't back shoot them? I call Bullshit, because if you'd shoot the person because you want to defend your property then you'd shoot them in the back. If it was because they were a threat to you when they were getting the property, I'd understand. But saying that you'd protect your property unless they had it, that's just silly and not the same story.

Also if you followed the criminal to aid the arrest it's called Vigilantism and is punishable by law. I watched cops once where a woman bought a crack rock from a dealer, trying to get him off the streets, then got arrested for possession.

Also they're trying to pass this law, because people are filming cops doing totally out of line abusive stuff. Lowing is saying, yeah criminals getting beat is low on his list of people to protect, but this is America and we're all criminals. I can guarantee that Lowings broken at least 4 laws today.
Well if you do not see the difference between defense and OFFENSE, I can't help ya, and I doubt anyone else can either.

Really? a citizen aiding the police in an arrest is vigilantism? Sad really? So tell me genius, what do you call a citizen that sees a cop being over powered by a suspect?

No they are filming cops in an effort and hopes to catch cops doing bad things. They are blanket covering all cops. You would not like this done to you, do not expect cops or anyone else to like it any better.

Your desperation in this argument is amazing in a cute kinda way..
cpt.fass1
+329|6696|NJ
My desperation?

Really lowing, You stated that you'd shot someone to protect your self, but if they already had something and were running you wouldn't shot them? If someone had my stuff it'd be more protecting it if I shot them at that point.

There's no desperation what so ever, if I give someone the power to steal money, shot people and arrest and contain people I want to make sure that all bases are covered. Also I think that prosecutors should be fired if they lock up innocent people to make their stats look good.

Call me crazy but I think the rights of people should over turn written laws. I also don't think we should be spending millions on none violent criminals in jail. At what point does justice become a business and not what is right or wrong?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

My desperation?

Really lowing, You stated that you'd shot someone to protect your self, but if they already had something and were running you wouldn't shot them? If someone had my stuff it'd be more protecting it if I shot them at that point.

There's no desperation what so ever, if I give someone the power to steal money, shot people and arrest and contain people I want to make sure that all bases are covered. Also I think that prosecutors should be fired if they lock up innocent people to make their stats look good.

Call me crazy but I think the rights of people should over turn written laws. I also don't think we should be spending millions on none violent criminals in jail. At what point does justice become a business and not what is right or wrong?
Like I said, go read up on defense and offense and get back with me. Madoff was a non violent criminal so gee whiz are you now starting a free maddoff campaign?

Stop and think for a spell and you might then realize how dumb fuck your presentaion really is.......Then again.
cpt.fass1
+329|6696|NJ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fizo-sOSE6o

Yeah my stance on civilians filming police is horrible.

Remember 14 year old girls getting tasered get what's coming to them. Lowing remember who these people supposedly protect and serve. You really seem to think that there's this black and white line and you're either on one side or the other. Also that those we hold the power are infallible saints that work this horrible hard job.  Where my stance is that the people who have the power must be the most watched because the abuse of power is so common that they need to have stricter laws if you do abuse the power.

I mean common man, you're not that stupid to always be on the side of the police and that they're these infallible god. Then if they do fuck up that it's not the persons fault, that it's the criminals fault. The example above is of a cop tasing a 14 year old girl, there is no way in fucking hell you can say that he was right.

I'm not reading up on defense and offense, it's not the matter of what the difference is. It's the matter of what you stated, you stated that you'd shot someone to protect your property, but if they had your property you wouldn't shot them. So if someone was going to break into your car and you weren't there, you wouldn't shot them? They pose no threat to you.

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2010-08-02 10:47:53)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Remember 14 year old girls getting tasered get what's coming to them. Lowing remember who these people supposedly protect and serve. You really seem to think that there's this black and white line and you're either on one side or the other. Also that those we hold the power are infallible saints that work this horrible hard job.  Where my stance is that the people who have the power must be the most watched because the abuse of power is so common that they need to have stricter laws if you do abuse the power.

I mean common man, you're not that stupid to always be on the side of the police and that they're these infallible god. Then if they do fuck up that it's not the persons fault, that it's the criminals fault. The example above is of a cop tasing a 14 year old girl, there is no way in fucking hell you can say that he was right.

I'm not reading up on defense and offense, it's not the matter of what the difference is. It's the matter of what you stated, you stated that you'd shot someone to protect your property, but if they had your property you wouldn't shot them. So if someone was going to break into your car and you weren't there, you wouldn't shot them? They pose no threat to you.
I addressed your lack of understanding between offense and defense, I then addressed your belief that non- violent crime should not amount ot jail time.

If you wanna get back to the OP fine. Here I go

You are right it is not a black or white issue, therefore following and filming ALL cops in an effort to catch them doing something, ANYTHING is not the solution to a "1 bad apple spoils a bunch" attitude.

By and large the police are good and serve the public well. You wantt to condemn all of them then tell me it is not a black or white issue? Get real
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North

lowing wrote:

By and large the police are good and serve the public well. You wantt to condemn all of them then tell me it is not a black or white issue? Get real
yes, they are by and large fantastic people, however the bad ones can usually get away with doing bad shit to good people for a very long time because.............................. their word is worth more than yours to a judge
Reciprocity
+721|6581|the dank(super) side of Oregon

lowing wrote:

As I said, if I heard a disturbance at my neighbors house I would try to help. You wouldn't I get it.
You're going to run into your neighbors house, guns drawn, if you "hear a distrubance"?  Good luck with that.

lowing wrote:

nor did I suggest your unwillingness to kill for other peoples stuff makes you a bad neighbor.
yes, you did.  You referenced our discussion regarding the old bastard who shot his neighbors burglars and my response that he was not justified in killing them because he was not in immediate danger. Whereupon you said:

You said it was not right. where do you live so I can make sure we are not neighbors?
suggesting that my unwillingness to go to prison for a neighbors stuff was somehow a liability.  Or were you just assuming that my distaste for state incarceration somehow makes me a poor neighbor?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida

lowing wrote:

Haven't read this thread but I find it funny how everyone can manage to film cops, yet no one seems to be able to film the fuckin criminals in order to aid the police in making their communities better. Oh well, as long as I don't live in a neighborhood where filming cops is all the rage, and rest assured, I don't.
Criminal informants?

Am I missing something here?

Last edited by Spearhead (2010-08-02 20:11:49)

cpt.fass1
+329|6696|NJ

lowing wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I addressed your lack of understanding between offense and defense, I then addressed your belief that non- violent crime should not amount ot jail time.

If you wanna get back to the OP fine. Here I go

You are right it is not a black or white issue, therefore following and filming ALL cops in an effort to catch them doing something, ANYTHING is not the solution to a "1 bad apple spoils a bunch" attitude.

I Never Addressed the difference between offense and defense, I was working off of your statements. Which  you said "I would shot someone to protect my stuff, then later said that if they were running away with your stuff you wouldn't shot them". I'm address your statements, not what is offense and what is defense. But in the words of offense and defense what is a police officer tasing or shooting a subdued subject? Is that offense or defense or just plain murder?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Reciprocity wrote:

lowing wrote:

As I said, if I heard a disturbance at my neighbors house I would try to help. You wouldn't I get it.
You're going to run into your neighbors house, guns drawn, if you "hear a distrubance"?  Good luck with that.

lowing wrote:

nor did I suggest your unwillingness to kill for other peoples stuff makes you a bad neighbor.
yes, you did.  You referenced our discussion regarding the old bastard who shot his neighbors burglars and my response that he was not justified in killing them because he was not in immediate danger. Whereupon you said:

You said it was not right. where do you live so I can make sure we are not neighbors?
suggesting that my unwillingness to go to prison for a neighbors stuff was somehow a liability.  Or were you just assuming that my distaste for state incarceration somehow makes me a poor neighbor?
lol nope, I said I will not sit at home and ignore whatever disturbance is happening at my neighbors house. My neighbor might be in trouble and I would see if he needed help. you would call the cops and turn the TV up. This where my comment about being neighbors with you stems from. Your lack of involvement for your fellow neighbors. However you are all for filming cops.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

Haven't read this thread but I find it funny how everyone can manage to film cops, yet no one seems to be able to film the fuckin criminals in order to aid the police in making their communities better. Oh well, as long as I don't live in a neighborhood where filming cops is all the rage, and rest assured, I don't.
Criminal informants?

Nope I am with you.............What the hell are you talking about?
pace51
Boom?
+194|5173|Markham, Ontario

ATG wrote:

police state
cpt.fass1
+329|6696|NJ

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

Criminal informants?

I believe he's wondering what you're talking about. Because you do see alot of filming of criminal activities as well, we have camera's everywhere cause they're cheap and affordable. Difference is the criminal isn't going to be able to withhold the evidence of the tape in his wrong doing.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Criminal informants?

I believe he's wondering what you're talking about. Because you do see alot of filming of criminal activities as well, we have camera's everywhere cause they're cheap and affordable. Difference is the criminal isn't going to be able to withhold the evidence of the tape in his wrong doing.
Really? I have never seen a citizen filming a drug transaction on a known street corner for such activity for the purpose of aiding police in ridding the streets of drug dealers and addicts. Not saying there are not any, but where are the headlines if they are widely filmed like cops are.
cpt.fass1
+329|6696|NJ
They had a dateline not too long ago with a guy actively filming all the prostitutes in the area and getting the johns licensee plates. The other end of the spectrum the headlines aren't in the papers as headline it's in the police blotter.

What is a better news story? A known drug dealer getting arrested because of a pedestrian filming them or a known corrupt cop finally getting caught?
The cop is because it brings a giant flaw into a system that too many people are willing to trust..

We all know the bad areas of town the ones to stay away from, but we really just don't know when and if a cop is going to freak and fuck our lives up. Majority of the time they act correctly, but that's the type of job where one bad day, one slip up can cost someone their life or their liberty. Which means to me I'd like them to be under scrutiny, to know that a civilian could be filming them and also to have stricter penalties if they violate their trust.  If we don't police the police, who will?

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2010-08-03 10:46:29)

cpt.fass1
+329|6696|NJ
http://www.sacbee.com/2010/08/01/292825 … ation.html

The power of film, now it might not seem like much. But those people probably had to pay thousands of dollars to attorneys and then there are those that pleaded guilty. Cause in our court system a guilty plea as they tell you in court, will not waste the courts time and you can get a plea deal. So those innocent parties who pleaded guilty instead of taking it to court will end up still fucked.

One bad Cop probably ruining or costing lots of people their time and money.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

They had a dateline not too long ago with a guy actively filming all the prostitutes in the area and getting the johns licensee plates. The other end of the spectrum the headlines aren't in the papers as headline it's in the police blotter.

What is a better news story? A known drug dealer getting arrested because of a pedestrian filming them or a known corrupt cop finally getting caught?
The cop is because it brings a giant flaw into a system that too many people are willing to trust..

We all know the bad areas of town the ones to stay away from, but we really just don't know when and if a cop is going to freak and fuck our lives up. Majority of the time they act correctly, but that's the type of job where one bad day, one slip up can cost someone their life or their liberty. Which means to me I'd like them to be under scrutiny, to know that a civilian could be filming them and also to have stricter penalties if they violate their trust.  If we don't police the police, who will?
I understand, but running around with a cam corder filming every cop and their moves is not the answer. You would not like it so do not expect them to like it.
Reciprocity
+721|6581|the dank(super) side of Oregon

lowing wrote:

lol nope, I said I will not sit at home and ignore whatever disturbance is happening at my neighbors house. My neighbor might be in trouble and I would see if he needed help. you would call the cops and turn the TV up. This where my comment about being neighbors with you stems from. Your lack of involvement for your fellow neighbors. However you are all for filming cops.
yeah, go get 'em, cowboy.

lowing wrote:

I understand, but running around with a cam corder filming every cop and their moves is not the answer. You would not like it so do not expect them to like it.
I'm not an on-duty public employee with the legal and civil authority that a badge provides.  What's so hard about on-duty police officers behaving as though their actions are always being recorded?

Last edited by Reciprocity (2010-08-03 21:59:03)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
Some cameras would have been useful here.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/se … 5900835447
The autopsy report for the coroner, prepared by Cairns-based forensic pathologist Paul Botterill, found that Vaggs died of the combined effects of "restraint asphyxia", obesity, schizophrenia and an aberrant coronary condition.

Dr Botterill reported he had been told Vaggs had been restrained by six to eight hospital staff, who maintained pressure on his limbs but "apparently not directly on him".

This happened after he went to the hospital seeking help, and turned on medical staff.

"He was observed to be still resisting, trying to get up," Dr Botterill reported.

"Hospital staff allegedly requested the use of handcuffs and police applied these, with the decedent's wrists situated behind his back.

"Police say that they remained at the upper torso, holding on the handcuffed arms and each placing a knee on the decedent's arms. One of the security officers was then alleged to have restrained the decedent's legs by crossing them and folding them upwards.

"The decedent was said to have continued to struggle, with his speech becoming irrational." The autopsy report notes that Vaggs sang Happy Birthday and asserted he was a woman.

He was then injected in the buttocks with an a psychotic medication, olanzapine. He continued to struggle, and may have been given further injections, at which time he was observed to go "limp and lifeless". He died on April 15 after life support was turned off.

The chief investigating police officer, Inspector Roger Lowe, said in his report to the Coroner that police had interviewed no hospital staff apart from the doctor who administered the sedative, Mushtaq Mohiuddin, due to "privacy reasons".

Others on duty at the time, or involved in the incident, were "unavailable to be spoken to" by police investigators, Inspector Lowe said.

Security footage of the confrontation involving Vaggs, hospital staff and security officers on April 13 either did not exist or could not be found, The Australian has been told.
"privacy reasons"
"unavailable to be spoken to"
"did not exist or could not be found"

Yeah OK, the Police say it so it must be true.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-08-03 21:42:18)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Reciprocity wrote:

lowing wrote:

lowing wrote:

I'm not an on-duty public employee with the legal and civil authority that a badge provides.  What's so hard about on-duty police officers behaving as though their actions are always being recorded?
Nope not a cowboy, just a person who, if the rolls were reversed would hope someone might help me if I were in trouble.

Nope you are not, what is wrong with a CITIZEN behaving as though their actions are always being recorded? No? Don't like that much? Well neither does anyone fuckin' else.
cpt.fass1
+329|6696|NJ

lowing wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

lowing wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nope not a cowboy, just a person who, if the rolls were reversed would hope someone might help me if I were in trouble.

Nope you are not, what is wrong with a CITIZEN behaving as though their actions are always being recorded? No? Don't like that much? Well neither does anyone fuckin' else.
What if the person you were in trouble with was a cop?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

lowing wrote:

What if the person you were in trouble with was a cop?
What of it?
cpt.fass1
+329|6696|NJ
Well then who's going to protect you or your property?

You're frozen, can't do anything under fear of repercussion.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Well then who's going to protect you or your property?

You're frozen, can't do anything under fear of repercussion.
Yes because cops are never arrested, or go to jail? What is your point?

You are not going to turn this into a "What if" contest now are ya?

Been alive 44 years, never been any real trouble with the cops before, I don't see that changing much.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard