lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Reciprocity wrote:

lowing wrote:

Oh well then by all means let me just come right out and ask, because I am not going to dig through 1000 posts regarding self defense.

Will you shoot to kill someone breaking into your home or car, or is the proper response to try to escape? Do you even own a gun?
lol
any answers to go with that laugh?
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.

lowing wrote:

jord wrote:

Regarding your edit I'm just going to state I'm not saying all law enforcment are corrupt or abuse their power, we have been discussing 2 examples, not the police in general.

I'm also not a liberal, we've been through this before. I have what you may consider liberal beliefs like I have what you'd call conservative opinions. I'm not the inconsistant one lowing, nor am I. Trying to defend some shitty officers when I don't know the story or haven't seen the video. Ignorance or arrogance on your part I'm unsure.
Neither, it is called latitude for a profession that is hard as hell. If a criminals gets his ass whipped occasionally, I am all for it.

and I haven't seen any videos where a cop just decided to pick someone out of a crowd and beat the fuck out of them for their own amusement.
Latitude for a hard profession? Even soldiers don't abuse their power. If a soldier is caught abusing some iraqi stone thrower they lose their job.

Some latitude I give myself, mine differs in amount somewhat as I don't extend it to beating the shit out of a guy on the ground while 2 other officers hold the man down.
Reciprocity
+721|6581|the dank(super) side of Oregon

lowing wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

lowing wrote:

Oh well then by all means let me just come right out and ask, because I am not going to dig through 1000 posts regarding self defense.

Will you shoot to kill someone breaking into your home or car, or is the proper response to try to escape? Do you even own a gun?
lol
It's more fun watching you make assumptions.  That's all you ever have.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Reciprocity wrote:

lowing wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

lol
It's more fun watching you make assumptions.  That's all you ever have.
ok now that you have had your laugh, go ahead and answer. Is it right to shoot to kill someone in defense of a break in of your home or car or should you try and escape instead. Is your property worth a human beings life?

Oh and I am not squirming, so get over yourself.

Last edited by lowing (2010-08-01 14:14:03)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

lowing wrote:

Is your property worth a human beings life?
No. but the safety of my family is - it's why i'll pull the trigger twice.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

burnzz wrote:

lowing wrote:

Actually, even if I were the only one at home, and my family were safely away for the weekend I would still shoot to kill anyone breaking into my home. In short I value my property more than the life of the person wh ois trying to steal it from me. Would you not?

Last edited by lowing (2010-08-01 14:15:33)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

lowing wrote:

burnzz wrote:

lowing wrote:

Actually, even if I were the only one at home, and my family were safely away for the weekend I would still shoot to kill anyone breaking into my home. Would you not?
of course - that addresses the 'safety' issue. put the bastard down, so i could secure the safety of my family [i am a part of my family].

if he's made off with my stereo already and running down my street, i won't back shoot him. if he's coming into my house through the locked front door, i'll dot his i's and cross his t.

if he is making off with my property, i'll call 911 and hide any evidence that i own an arsenal. this may be Utah, but some of my 'home protection' is 'unregistered' as such . . .
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

burnzz wrote:

lowing wrote:

burnzz wrote:

Actually, even if I were the only one at home, and my family were safely away for the weekend I would still shoot to kill anyone breaking into my home. Would you not?
of course - that addresses the 'safety' issue. put the bastard down, so i could secure the safety of my family [i am a part of my family].

if he's made off with my stereo already and running down my street, i won't back shoot him. if he's coming into my house through the locked front door, i'll dot his i's and cross his t.

if he is making off with my property, i'll call 911 and hide any evidence that i own an arsenal. this may be Utah, but some of my 'home protection' is 'unregistered' as such . . .
Nothing worng with that, I would not back shoot him either. I do wonder however, if I would not follow him while on the phone with the police.

Actually that would be an interesting self defense case. Follow the guy that stole your property in order to aid the police in an arrest, ( not unlike following a drunk driver while on the phone with the cops) and wind up shooting him in self defense when he turned to confront you. How would that play out? Any legal eagles here that can answer that one?

Last edited by lowing (2010-08-01 14:24:38)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA
So which is it Reciprocity, is your big screen TV worth a human life?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

Apparently it's not illegal if it's for Jersey Shore.

https://static.thedirty.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/0730_snooki_inf_splash_05_full-copy.jpg
Reciprocity

lowing wrote:

Yes, as we've discussed before, I would, in most cases, kill a person who is in my home uninvited.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Reciprocity wrote:

lowing wrote:

Yes, as we've discussed before, I would, in most cases, kill a person who is in my home uninvited.
ohhhhhhhhhh thats right, I hadda look it up, you were arguing with me over whether it was right to defend your neighbors home from 2 criminals.

You said it was not right. where do you live so I can make sure we are not neighbors?
Reciprocity
now it's someone elses job to look after your shit?  how responsible of you.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Reciprocity wrote:

now it's someone elses job to look after your shit?  how responsible of you.
lol, not sure where that came from. It is called being neighbors, I do the same for my neighbors when they are away, we would even feed their animals.

I do note how reprehensible the word responsible must be to you though.
Reciprocity

lowing wrote:

we would even feed their animals.
wow, it's one thing to kill a person or persons and potentially incur criminal and civil liability, it's another thing all together to feed someone elses animals; that's just living dangerously.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Reciprocity wrote:

lowing wrote:

we would even feed their animals.
wow, it's one thing to kill a person or persons and potentially incur criminal and civil liability, it's another thing all together to feed someone elses animals; that's just living dangerously.
You said it was irresponsible to have someone look after your shit. well, as neighbors we do just that. One day, you might be able to afford a house, have a neighbor, and you might ask them to look after your shit while you are away..... Only time will tell however, but I won't bank on it.

and yes if I heard shit going on at my neighbors house, I would call the police and I might even go over with a gun in case my neighbor is in trouble. I doubt however, I will pull the shades and go back to sleep or continue watching ESPN.

Last edited by lowing (2010-08-01 15:27:14)

Reciprocity

lowing wrote:

You said it was irresponsible to have someone look after your shit. well, as neighbors we do just that. One day, you might be able to afford a house, have a neighbor, and you might ask them to look after your shit while you are away..... Only time will tell however, but I won't bank on it.
I own a house, I have neighbors...once again, more assumptions.  If I asked any of my neighbors if they wanted me to kill for their stuff, they'd think I was insane.  If they asked me that question, I'd think they were insane.    Securing my house is my responsibility.  If I had something valuable enought to kill for, I'd make arrangements for its security.  I'm not gonna go to prison and or be sued for protecting someone elses stuff that they didn't care enought about to properly secure and I don't expect anyone to do that for me.  If that makes me irresponsible in your book, well, your book is fucked up.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Reciprocity wrote:

lowing wrote:

I own a house, I have neighbors...once again, more assumptions.  If I asked any of my neighbors if they wanted me to kill for their stuff, they'd think I was insane.  If they asked me that question, I'd think they were insane.    Securing my house is my responsibility.  If I had something valuable enought to kill for, I'd make arrangements for its security.  I'm not gonna go to prison and or be sued for protecting someone elses stuff that they didn't care enought about to properly secure and I don't expect anyone to do that for me.  If that makes me irresponsible in your book, well, your book is fucked up.
A little extreme dontcha think? I never said I would ask my neighbor to kill for my stuff, nor has any neighbor asked for me to kill for theirs. Anytime you wanna join me in the real world of this discussion, feel free, until then, move along.
Reciprocity

lowing wrote:

A little extreme dontcha think? I never said I would ask my neighbor to kill for my stuff, nor has any neighbor asked for me to kill for theirs. Anytime you wanna join me in the real world of this discussion, feel free, until then, move along.
you brought it up

ohhhhhhhhhh thats right, I hadda look it up, you were arguing with me over whether it was right to defend your neighbors home from 2 criminals.

You said it was not right. where do you live so I can make sure we are not neighbors?
unless defending means something else to you?

but, hey, good job deflecting when the conversation doesn't go your way.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Reciprocity wrote:

lowing wrote:

you brought it up

unless defending means something else to you?

but, hey, good job deflecting when the conversation doesn't go your way.
I already said, what I would do if I heard a disturbance at my neighbors house, I haven't deflected shit.

You on the other hand insinuated that looking after your neighbors house while he was away was irresponsible on his part, and that I would ask him to kill for my stuff and will kill for his.

so again, join me in the real world of this discussion at your leisure.
Reciprocity
You're the one who brought up our conversation about that old bastard who killed the two people robbing his neighbor, not me.

You're the one who suggesting that my unwillingness to kill for other peoples stuff made me a bad neighbor.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Reciprocity wrote:

You're the one who brought up our conversation about that old bastard who killed the two people robbing his neighbor, not me.

You're the one who suggesting that my unwillingness to kill for other peoples stuff made me a bad neighbor.
and yet I said defend your neighbors house, I didn't say run out in hopes of killing someone. As I said, if I heard a disturbance at my neighbors house I would try to help. You wouldn't I get it.

nor did I suggest your unwillingness to kill for other peoples stuff makes you a bad neighbor.
jord
I wouldn't expect one person on my street of 20 houses to run into my house if they heard an alarm or disturbance. And that doesn't bother me because I'm responsible enough to look after my own shit and secure the house everytime I leave. I also wouldn't do anything if I heard an alarm other than look out the window if I were bored.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

jord wrote:

I wouldn't expect one person on my street of 20 houses to run into my house if they heard an alarm or disturbance. And that doesn't bother me because I'm responsible enough to look after my own shit and secure the house everytime I leave. I also wouldn't do anything if I heard an alarm other than look out the window if I were bored.
gotta love the quintessential bystander. Would love to see you in action as you skillfully and with cat like reflexes, mind your own business and walk by some lady getting mugged or rapped in the bushes.
jord

lowing wrote:

jord wrote:

gotta love the quintessential bystander. Would love to see you in action as you skillfully and with cat like reflexes, mind your own business and walk by some lady getting mugged or rapped in the bushes.
Of course id help an old lady in that situation, of course for the potential of fiscal reward.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard