Favorite Starcraft faction and why?

Terran51%51% - 24
Protos14%14% - 7
Zerg34%34% - 16
Total: 47
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5504|America
Personally I'm a Terran fan, only because I love firebats. Not only that but most of their units aren't super fast (except the reapers or course), and diamond backs are I don't understand the Protoss at all, my mind doesn't work and plan fast enough for the lightning attacks of the Zerg and I feel like I already kinda know the Terran because they're similar to every other US, Earth, good guy faction in every other RTS So once again what's your favorite faction and why?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466
P

i enjoy the tech and the high-paced macro

Last edited by Uzique (2010-07-28 09:25:27)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5784|Catherine Black
I'd have to say once I consult my vast knowledge in playing each race once, I dislike strongly the Zerg, like the Terran but I have a knack for Protos.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5979|Perth, Australia
I orginally mained Terran at the start of the beta. Phase 2 i switched to Zerg because i felt like playing them.

Now i'm maining Zerg and finding it kinda bland compared to Terran and Protoss. Just doesn't seem to be as much variety.

But i'll go Zerg because of the 40+ people i've played with/against online only 3 have been Zerg. Exclusive club
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6688
From what I can remember from my days of Brood Wars, I say Protos. So much variation in possible play style.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6767|PNW

Terran due to the story. We're kind of the cool, blundering interlopers in the Zerg-Protoss family feud.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5960|London, England

Protos...

Oh cmon people
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6660|NT, like Mick Dundee

Terran for sc1 don't have 2 yet. Seige tanks, marines, medics, vultures.... Shit was so cash!
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6339
We are the swarm!
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6361|California
zerg
fast expand and tech to mass mutalisks are gg
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6281|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Terran...

I couldn't play Protoss properly if my life depended on it

Haven't played zerg in SC2 yet..
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6709|Purplicious Wisconsin
Do protoss still have that red ball guy that possesses enemy units?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6361|California
yeah and hes called war man and when you click him he says ready for war!
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6571|London

War Man wrote:

Do protoss still have that red ball guy that possesses enemy units?
nope

zerg has the infestor which can take over units though, like the brain thing from starship troopers
Brasso
+1,549|6626

zerg
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6407|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Protoss, I have developed a love of Gateway rushes.

Though all of their units are damn sweet. Colossi massed together make me think of War of the Worlds. So many charred corpses.
FloppY_
­

SplinterStrike wrote:

Though all of their units are damn sweet. Colossi massed together make me think of War of the Worlds. So many charred corpses.
Yeah I never figured out how those work... do you set a waypoint on a pylon/deployed airtransport or what?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649
Terran.

versus terran or protos all is well. almost every game I have against zerg players sucks
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
SplinterStrike
Roamer

FloppY_ wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

Yeah I never figured out how those work... do you set a waypoint on a pylon/deployed airtransport or what?
Build a pylon near the enemy base, deploy a Gateway, build Zealots, profit.
FloppY_
­

SplinterStrike wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

Yes but how does the gateway know which pylon? that was what I meant... Just the closest pylon to the gateways rally point?

You don't even need to build a pylon btw, those airtransports act as pylons when deployed...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-08-01 14:53:59)

SplinterStrike
Roamer

FloppY_ wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Yes but how does the gateway know which pylon? that was what I meant... Just the closest pylon to the gateways rally point?

You don't even need to build a pylon btw, those airtransports act as pylons when deployed...
Yea, but you cant build those yet. First thing you can build is pylons.

Pylons create an aura around them, giving you a building radius, just set up a Gateway anywhere near it. Gateway rush means you're setting up Gateways near the enemy base which is in essence, rushing him with a building. Then you just build Zealots and have at her. More gateways = more fun.
FloppY_
­

SplinterStrike wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

Pylons create an aura around them, giving you a building radius, just set up a Gateway anywhere near it. Gateway rush means you're setting up Gateways near the enemy base which is in essence, rushing him with a building. Then you just build Zealots and have at her. More gateways = more fun.
Why not just deploy the gateway and start building zealots sending them through to the pylon rather than risk the building
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6737|FUCK UBISOFT

FloppY_ wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Why not just deploy the gateway and start building zealots sending them through to the pylon rather than risk the building
you don't understand protoss do you.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
SplinterStrike
Roamer

FloppY_ wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Proximity. Most Zealots groups will win against a starter army, and the ability to get reinforcements from a short distance away as well as the speed build offered by the Nexus make it a quick step up to victory. If he retreats his army, nail his workers/supply buildings. He'll need to waste cash defending, while you build your fortune comfortably. Soon, if you play it right, you can deploy better units while he still has zerglings/marines/zealots, giving you a better advantage.
FloppY_
­

SplinterStrike wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

Proximity. Most Zealots groups will win against a starter army, and the ability to get reinforcements from a short distance away as well as the speed build offered by the Nexus make it a quick step up to victory. If he retreats his army, nail his workers/supply buildings. He'll need to waste cash defending, while you build your fortune comfortably. Soon, if you play it right, you can deploy better units while he still has zerglings/marines/zealots, giving you a better advantage.
Is there a limited range to the warp-in function of a deployed gateway as to how far away the pylon can be?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard