SamTheMan
­
+341|5143|Stoke, England
is there really any difference between player manager and manager mode? (other than being able to play as yourself)

i thought manager mode would give you a bit more stuff outside of matches to do like upgrades and that, but as far as i can tell the two modes are exactly the same, especially as i play as the whole team on pm mode.

i might be wrong though i only went on manager mode for 10 minutes
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6567|Area 51

RDMC wrote:

So I ordered it. Should arrive within 3 to 7 days.

Amazon wrote:

Dispatched via TNT (estimated arrival date: October 13, 2010)
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
RDMC
+736|6567|Area 51
w00t. Came in today. Not too good at it yet though lol
bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland
haha, don't worry, the more you play the easier it gets, and you'll further your understanding of the most popular sport in the world
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6327|England
I really hate having to make my player better by trying to achieve shit rather than him playing a blinder for 5 games in a row, and not getting anything One of the things is to score a header. It's never gonna happen cause my player never gets crossed to in corners, and I'm normally the guy putting the crosses in anyway.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6462|UK

JakAttaK wrote:

I really hate having to make my player better by trying to achieve shit rather than him playing a blinder for 5 games in a row, and not getting anything One of the things is to score a header. It's never gonna happen cause my player never gets crossed to in corners, and I'm normally the guy putting the crosses in anyway.
Haha just edit your pro to be a striker! Let him play there a few games.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6327|England
Yeh but I shouldn't have to do that. Banging in one header wouldn't make you a better player in real life, but playing well for 5 games straight would. The last fifa i played before this was 09, and if I remember rightly, how well you played when being a pro determined how many spendable points you earned and you chose what to spend them on. Tweak it a bit and bring it back imo.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6462|UK
It is pretty damn annoying seems like 09 had a better way to improve your pro. You tried the game face yet?
RDMC
+736|6567|Area 51

bennisboy wrote:

haha, don't worry, the more you play the easier it gets, and you'll further your understanding of the most popular sport in the world
Just played with a mate of mine. Started carreer on semi-pro. First matches were all draws or simple 1-0 and we just finished with 5-1
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6327|England
I have never raged so much at a fifa game in my life. I swear to god EA have made the AI for your teammates on be a pro as fucking retarded as they can. I'm always in the open, hitting the "pass to me" button, always try to play some fucking 40 yard lob shot with a ridiculous amount of curl on it and end up giving it away. They always concede the same 2 fucking goals. Opposition run down wing, cross in, no one in my box challenges for it at all. Opposition play ball over the top, my team don't even try and run for it. I always end up getting tackled just as I'm about to shoot by the huge fuck off 6'7 black defender that every team seems to have. And whenever I get sent off because I no longer want to play in the game, the opposition always end up somehow winning by a ridiculous amount even though I have never been sent off before the last 10 minutes. Fuck sake.
When it's not being an absolute cunt I really enjoy this game. It's probably something to do with the fact I'm playing for Pompey, but then I have had some ridiculously high scoring wins when the AI wants to work with me. I just beat man u, liverpool and man city, and lost twice in a week to fulham, 2-1 and 3-1. Gonna play for the rest of the season, transfer to another team and if it still plays like a fucking retard, I'll just stop playing be a pro.

EDIT- Also, how the fuck do you get into team of the week?!

Last edited by JakAttaK (2010-10-17 07:03:49)

bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland
1. Choose play as whole team before the match in be a pro

2. It's practically impossible, I got player of the season, but didnt get in team of the week once. You only get into it if no other team is playing that week!

3. West Ham are apparently the greatese team in the world on my game, you can't get the ball off them cos their players just nutmeg you or are far too strong, and they tackle you as soon as you touch the ball.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6327|England
The whole point of be a pro is to play as the pro lol. Also, I just proved getting sent off is fucking bullshit. 3-0 up against Wolves in the FA cup, get sent off on the 90th minute, game finishes 3-4. GG EA.
EDIT- Got sent off for a bullshit second card too

Last edited by JakAttaK (2010-10-17 10:33:23)

bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland
I guess it's an incentive not to get sent off then. And you can still play as the pro, except you just get to control the whole team and work the play much better.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6327|England
Eh I guess so, but some of the cards I've been given are as bad as some that get given in real life I'll give it a go next match. Just scored a 20 yard belter against Middlesborough
bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland
If you're playing striker you should never get carded, I've just started my third season and not had a card yet! I started off a barnet, scored 50 goals in the league, had offers from Bayern, Man U and the like, but went to birmingham as it said I would be a startin 11 player, scored 40 goals in the prem, was the club captain, and have now left for my boyhood dream club spurs
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6327|England
Ah, I'm playing CAM (Box to Box) for Pompey. Started as a reserve, before the end of the season was a key player. Won us promotion after avoiding a play off battle on goal difference alone (the last goal of our season was scored by me, and it was the deciding one ), and got made captain.  I got offers from Everton, Wolfsburg and some other clubs, but wanted to keep Pompey in the Prem for at least a season, and we're currently top 5. I'll see what offers I get at the end of this season and decide what I do

EDIT- bennis, whilst you've been playing, have the teams you've played for bought any new players? I don't think Pompey have since I've been there

Last edited by JakAttaK (2010-10-17 11:06:57)

JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6327|England
Changed myself to a striker, first game got a hattrick. Second game...less than two minutes in got a severe injury out for 54 days just as I was starting to make my push for 3rd place in the league fuck you everton

EDIT- was out for the rest of the season, Pompey didnt win anymore games and ended up finishing 10th. I transferred to Bayern Leverkusen for just over 8mil. First pre season game...another fucking severe injury

Last edited by JakAttaK (2010-10-17 14:26:15)

bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland
ha that sucks, I got a 39 day injury in my first game for barnet, not been injured since then! I hate how long it takes to sim when you're injured tho!
RDMC
+736|6567|Area 51
Why do I suck so much at this game. Just isn't fucking funny anymore.
bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland
haha, just get used to playing. Using the run modifier is your best friend
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
What is the run modifier?
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6462|UK
I thought it was impossible to get your pro injured. Think I'll have a few games now.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6758|Scotland

nukchebi0 wrote:

Makes other players adapt to the movement of you and give you through ball options. Use it when you're running towards goal and want a few options to pass to. It's pretty nice.
bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland

Zimmer wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Makes other players adapt to the movement of you and give you through ball options. Use it when you're running towards goal and want a few options to pass to. It's pretty nice.
L1 or LB, depending on ps3 or xbox
RDMC
+736|6567|Area 51

bennisboy wrote:

haha, just get used to playing. Using the run modifier is your best friend
This game just has its absolute ups and downs. So I play versus the AI on Semi-pro and have problems to win.

My friend who has had this game since it came, so somewhat longer than me plays this game against world class AI and wins easily. Yesterday I played three matches against him first one: 0-1 and the following ones were 1-0 and 1-0 for me.

Totally /confused.

EDIT: Also..11 vs 11 online is lol.

Last edited by RDMC (2010-10-19 03:00:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard