unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

I wasn't talking about those threads.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5035|Massachusetts, USA
Just because the mods agree with it, doesn't mean the general populace will. I'm all for it, but since the rest of these ingrates (with exceptions of course) would flame the shit out of half the threads, I don't see it happening.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Just to clear things up (again), I was almost violently in favor of the Blizzard section over the Starcraft section. World of Warcraft alone would keep some blood pumping through that section.
iceman785
+93|6671|Alaska, mother fucker.

Uzique wrote:

sounds like a whole lot of QQ to me

people that (re)roll classes based on flavor of the month patch changes deserve to forever be switching between different shitty cookie cutter chars

sounds a lot like what happened to you in arena, too. arena is fucking easy. especially if you're the sort to roll FOTM
I've never really rolled FOTM, been playing a druid since release and that made it easy to get high arena ratings, especially in the first seasons.  When WOTLK I got bored of playing a druid for 4 years straight and rerolled a paladin since my buddy wanted to level a warrior, we did RAF. Paladins had their time in early S5 but I didn't even hit 80 until early S6.  After S7 started I went off and leveled my 70 rogue that I had sitting there since the times of BWL.  Rogues being at the bottom of the arena food chain, I just pve'd til I got a 6100 GS and got bored topping meters in 95% of my raids.  So I quit

And arena isn't easy, have you even been past 2200?  Especially playing a comp that has a ton of counters?  Getting to 2000 rating on my rogue was a fucking challenge in itself because I did shit for damage.  Managing cooldown's, swapping targets at the right times, trying not to LOS and get gibbed all while trying not to be tunnel visioned can be quite hard.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
i have a r14 rogue. r14 grind took an infinite amount more effort and was infinitely more rewarding than the shitty arena system.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6621|Little Bentcock
when I get the net back I will probably get cata and resub. I enjoy the game. But I dunno maybe it was because I was younger or maybe it was just more massive when I first tried playing it when I was 15. It just doesn't feel as epic any more. I hope cata changes that. I did enjoy playing, although I never reached to top tiers.
iceman785

Uzique wrote:

i have a r14 rogue. r14 grind took an infinite amount more effort and was infinitely more rewarding than the shitty arena system.
Congrats on spending at least 3 months of your life wasted on this game for 10 hours a day.  Want a cookie?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

What? Three months of grind for level 14, or am I missing something...
iceman785
Nah dude, rank 14 Grand Marshall/High Warlord.  It's the old school ranking system and it was a bitch to get past 9.  You literally had to spend all day playing to get it.  And only 7 people could have it on any given server at any given time.  I knew guy that had him and his brother on 12 hour rotations playing non-stop PVP.  He got it in 3 months. I think average it was around 5-6 months solo.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469

iceman785 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Congrats on spending at least 3 months of your life wasted on this game for 10 hours a day.  Want a cookie?
congrats on whining about how shit you are at the game and how easy it is now to then disparage the only 'hard' feature it ever had

so what do you want? for the game to give you everything but not be easy? would that be the best for you?

moron
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6617|Medford, WI

Uzique wrote:

iceman785 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

congrats on whining about how shit you are at the game and how easy it is now to then disparage the only 'hard' feature it ever had

so what do you want? for the game to give you everything but not be easy? would that be the best for you?

moron
call me a noob, but whats an r14 rogue?
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5035|Massachusetts, USA
Look two posts up.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469

iceman785 wrote:

Nah dude, rank 14 Grand Marshall/High Warlord.  It's the old school ranking system and it was a bitch to get past 9.  You literally had to spend all day playing to get it.  And only 7 people could have it on any given server at any given time.  I knew guy that had him and his brother on 12 hour rotations playing non-stop PVP.  He got it in 3 months. I think average it was around 5-6 months solo.
this is pretty much it, except it was only one person per week that could become one... there was no limit on the max amounts

you simply had to make more honor/capture-points than anyone else on your entire server for that week to get the rank13->rank14 promotion

and to get anywhere past Knight (rank6+) you had to do a 'minimum' amount of PvP'ing a week or you would derank. you could also only gain one rank per week past a certain point so you were looking at a progressively harder/more demanding grind each week, for 4-6 weeks typically (this being the 'fastest', assuming that the week you were looking at r13->r14 you achieved the top points that week... some people stayed at r13 for many many weeks, hovering between maintaining the rank (i.e. earning enough minimum honor) and stepping up to the top slot.

Last edited by Uzique (2010-11-16 09:25:46)

iceman785

Uzique wrote:

iceman785 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

moron
Not at all, I liked vanilla a lot.  It was hard and made the game a challenge, and that made the game fun.  Now the game is so easy you can pull 10k+ dps in a week of playing at 80 if you've read a post or two on your class forum.

Also, I am not shit at the game, can play any class quite well, in any environment.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
that last statement really is not an achievement, especially in wotlk... you're kinda contradicting yourself
iceman785
You must be Neilyo or something.  You're probably the most elitist person about this game that I've ever talked to.  But it doesn't matter, because I know I'm good at the game, especially with my druid and rogue.  Don't need your input to know that much.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
lol neilyo

only a true nub could quote a TBC arena hero as his ultimate 'skill' character
iceman785
Because Neilyo was bad or something?  You must be a god at this game, I swear.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire
uzique IS god
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
i didn't say neilyo was bad, i just said it shows what 'generation' of player you are when your stock-reference to a well known player is him

i'd say the heroes of vanilla were people like Dives

Last edited by Uzique (2010-11-16 20:05:56)

iceman785
Generation? I've played this game since release, but your well known players back then were on the same server as you.  And besides, after BC I stopped paying attention to the ladders, so he's one of the few good people I remember.  Glickz, Sodah, and Hafu are a few others.  It's just the generation I remember.

Also, I beat Neilyo's alliance rogue, Nutz, on my under geared druid in a 2v2 Rogue/shaman (When it was OP) vs druid/warrior early in S6.  Might still have the SS but idk.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
patch 4.0.3. LIVE today

http://www.worldofraids.com/topic/18050 … edddd24824

azeroth gone and changed forever! crazy
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6621|Little Bentcock
I wish I had the net
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
can't wait for it to go live in EU over here so i can make my n0m priest :<
Brasso
+1,549|6629

tits, my hd on this laptop doesnt have enough room for it.  so no playing until next week

also, fuck, those last 7 levels to 60 for my shammy are gonna be weird...i was in the middle of questing in un'goro

also also, talent trees reset for druids again?  fuck me, time to respec 4 trees...

Deadly Poison base damage and attack power coefficient have been increased by 30%.
OPOPOP.  love it

Last edited by Brasso (2010-11-23 15:11:47)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard