Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i'm sorry that WoW represents such a personal and emotional sorepoint for you, jay. but please don't lecture me on 'maturity and perspective', because you allowed it to completely overtake your life. many people can play a video-game and partake in the subtle system of status-signifiers and skill markers without giving it 6 months' of their life.

i think my quite rational argument about transmogrifying ruining the in-game immersion and integrity still stands. yes, people can still preen in the absolute best gear if they want. but that's not what people who transmog do. most people dress up shitty gear to look like good (and easily attainable, now) gear from the past. there's no coherence to in-game PvP or player encounters anymore. you literally don't know what you're fighting. that's potentially game-breaking. identifying an armour-set or some such that would denote a players talent build/spec was crucial to lining up a decent 1v1. now you're half-guessing through the 'kekeke tier 2.5 looks awsm' cosmetic bullshit.
It figures that you were a strict pvp'er. Pvp'ers whined about everything constantly. Biggest crybabies I've ever met on the internet, hands down.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253
yes roc, having $9 debited from your account per month for a video-game subscription definitely precluded you from getting laid.

you really are 14 still, aren't you? the fixation with 'getting girls'. i did just fine throughout my years playing WoW. not that the implied correlation between 'video game subscription' and 'sex life' is anything less than fucking retarded.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i'm sorry that WoW represents such a personal and emotional sorepoint for you, jay. but please don't lecture me on 'maturity and perspective', because you allowed it to completely overtake your life. many people can play a video-game and partake in the subtle system of status-signifiers and skill markers without giving it 6 months' of their life.

i think my quite rational argument about transmogrifying ruining the in-game immersion and integrity still stands. yes, people can still preen in the absolute best gear if they want. but that's not what people who transmog do. most people dress up shitty gear to look like good (and easily attainable, now) gear from the past. there's no coherence to in-game PvP or player encounters anymore. you literally don't know what you're fighting. that's potentially game-breaking. identifying an armour-set or some such that would denote a players talent build/spec was crucial to lining up a decent 1v1. now you're half-guessing through the 'kekeke tier 2.5 looks awsm' cosmetic bullshit.
It figures that you were a strict pvp'er. Pvp'ers whined about everything constantly. Biggest crybabies I've ever met on the internet, hands down.
i did everything. PvP and PvE. oh and i never whined when i played vanilla. i wasn't a carebear, crybaby, or QQ'er. i ripped ass and enjoyed every minute of it. it figures that you'd be the sort who complained about complainers whilst you played it, and then poured out your psychic pain about "wasting so much time" several years later. dumbass.

honestly just stop trying to take a minor, pretty simple critique about the game's current design to "personal attacks" territory. you have nothing on me here. you've just basically wept for half a post about how it was all a futile waste of your time, when all i'm talking about is straight gameplay mechanics and practicalities. stop trying to make it a personal thing. it's idiotic.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-02 10:22:40)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I played a resto druid. PvP bored me to tears. Root, lifebloom, cyclone, shift, run away, root, cyclone, heal self, heal partner, shift, run away. I had an arena match last 1 1/2 hours one time and I wanted to gouge my eyes out at the end.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Roc18
`
+655|5790|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

yes roc, having $9 debited from your account per month for a video-game subscription definitely precluded you from getting laid.

you really are 14 still, aren't you? the fixation with 'getting girls'. i did just fine throughout my years playing WoW. not that the implied correlation between 'video game subscription' and 'sex life' is anything less than fucking retarded.
>Playing WoW over getting pussy

The city of You.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253
druid was always a fun and versatile PvP class. most of the druids in my PvP guild did just fine with it in vanilla... back when a respec cost you a lot of gold and time, and needed an entirely different set of gear. so please, tell me some more about how it was difficult in TBC and onwards for you, with universal gear stats and PvP sets tailored for hybrid classes. i don't know why you're going on about how unfun you found PvP, anyway. that's nice for you. i'm not going to try and convince you that you should have personally preferred otherwise.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253

Roc18 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

The city of You.
are you really this stupid? please tell me you are really not this stupid.

it's not 'trolling' when you just act plain unintelligent. god gave you a brain. lord knows you're using it to count beans, but please use it in some other capacity sometime.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

druid was always a fun and versatile PvP class. most of the druids in my PvP guild did just fine with it in vanilla... back when a respec cost you a lot of gold and time, and needed an entirely different set of gear. so please, tell me some more about how it was difficult in TBC and onwards for you, with universal gear stats and PvP sets tailored for hybrid classes. i don't know why you're going on about how unfun you found PvP, anyway. that's nice for you. i'm not going to try and convince you that you should have personally preferred otherwise.
I only played vanilla (through BWL) and TBC (through Sunwell).
-Frederick Bastiat
Roc18
`
+655|5790|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

The city of You.

it's not 'trolling' when you just act plain unintelligent. god gave you a brain. lord knows you're using it to count beans, but please use it in some other capacity sometime.
If the game was free every month like Guild wars I'd play it.

My friend started playing recently, tried convincing me and actually got his girlfriend into it as well lol.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253
that's interesting cause those druid talents and your talk about 'tier6' placed you firmly as a TBC player. druid in vanilla was great. i didn't like arena because i mostly didn't like the introduction of resilience as a stat/mechanic, period. it dragged out fights artificially for no reason, and created a huge item-wall to beginner PvP players (something i wasn't personally disaffected by, but thought sucked; artificial survivability). i played the first few seasons of arena when it was novel and being touted as a new 'esport', though i wasn't too crazy about all that noise. got glad in season1, got the cool drake, never played again. had nothing on the buzz and esteem of a well-oiled PvP guild in vanilla, boasting plenty of r10+'s. yes, it took more time commitment, but again... it's the basic premise of MMO's. that stuff loses meaning when it stops requiring a lot of time. players who give over their lives to attain that insane gear/titles are the sacrificial lambs that the wider MMO community needs to maintain its symbolic values.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253

Roc18 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

The city of You.

If the game was free every month like Guild wars I'd play it.

My friend started playing recently, tried convincing me and actually got his girlfriend into it as well lol.
i played gw1 as well, and the different payment model totally altered the game's design. back in vanilla WoW the subscription did actually get you frequent updates and events, to be fair. gw1 was pretty boring for most of the time. and the 'periodic expansion pack' model wasn't all that great. i had rinsed all of gw1 standard's content long before the first expansion pack was launched, so i ended up quitting the game and losing interest. not to mention the subscription fees of WoW actually supported a genuine MMO, in terms of hardware and game world. GW1 was a relatively infrastructure-light instanced game-world. it wasn't really even an MMO. so yes, the extra money in WoW was worth it.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

that's interesting cause those druid talents and your talk about 'tier6' placed you firmly as a TBC player. druid in vanilla was great. i didn't like arena because i mostly didn't like the introduction of resilience as a stat/mechanic, period. it dragged out fights artificially for no reason, and created a huge item-wall to beginner PvP players (something i wasn't personally disaffected by, but thought sucked; artificial survivability). i played the first few seasons of arena when it was novel and being touted as a new 'esport', though i wasn't too crazy about all that noise. got glad in season1, got the cool drake, never played again. had nothing on the buzz and esteem of a well-oiled PvP guild in vanilla, boasting plenty of r10+'s. yes, it took more time commitment, but again... it's the basic premise of MMO's. that stuff loses meaning when it stops requiring a lot of time. players who give over their lives to attain that insane gear/titles are the sacrificial lambs that the wider MMO community needs to maintain its symbolic values.
I was talking about lifebloom and cyclone because arena didn't exist in vanilla. BG's only, remember? And druids were the red-headed stepchildren of vanilla. The gear was all retarded feral-healer hybrid garbage with weird stats. Downranked healing touch was godlike in raids though.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253
if you look through the patch history and class changes in WoW, it's quite clear druids have always been favouritized. druids have consistently been given lots of neat things and infinite versatility throughout WoW. so much so that there was a huge alliance vs. horde based complaint on the forums, just b/c horde's shaman counter-parts got so little love in comparison. plus, in general, WoW's design changes have more and more gone to favour hybrid classes.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
If that were true then 40 man raids would've carried more than two druids per raid on average. Those two were brought just to innervate the priests
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I assume you played a rogue btw, because they had a genuine gripe in TBC regarding role and damage. They were godlike in vanilla and garbage in tbc.
-Frederick Bastiat
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5964|London, England

Brasso wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

transmog makes it so that you can permanently make all your gear look like something else. that really doesn't bother you? it's ridiculous. bunch of idiots running around in tier2 when the only time they ever touched a raid of that difficulty was when they were 30 levels above it, solo-ing it.
that's true. but i mean there are some people that legitimately did the content at the time it was released. it's not like transmog itself is the problem. for example, i could go farm up shadowmourne or something and wield it just as easily as transmogging my current axe into it. transmog just makes it more convenient (you don't have to swap out weapons/armor to go from looking good to being statistically relevant)
you couldnt transmog to legendaries (unless they changed that in mop)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253

Jay wrote:

I assume you played a rogue btw, because they had a genuine gripe in TBC regarding role and damage. They were godlike in vanilla and garbage in tbc.
actually the general line of complaints go that rogues have been stronger and stronger as expacs go on. rogues were far from godmode in vanilla. the godmode classes in vanilla, in order of the game's general age/development, were: retadins, shadow priests, ms warriors, warlocks, ele shammies. rogues were good in the hands of a good player, but were never 'godmode'. i co-led the best PvP guild on the server - later on the whole merged battlegroup - and attended many people being selected and boosted for that weeks rank gains. the most common r14's were the above classes. the first r14 on our (early vanilla) server was an arms warrior. many other classes had situational win-buttons in vanilla. the rogues win button - vanish - only worked 70% of the time in the early game's dev. again, i get the feeling you're trying to make my critiques about the game's current state into something a little too personal. let it go, jay. you just said it ruined your life. you don't need to make tiny little comments to put me down, or put yourself up.

and yes, 2 resto druids per 40 man raid, maybe. the whole point of a hybrid class was that you could get into a raid-group in several different roles. from TBC onwards the versatility of druids was a joke. you could feral tank better than a warrior, resto heal (especially in pvp) better than a priest, and even moonkin nuke in PvE raiding better than mages. you out-did all the pure classes. please tell me some more though about how it was so difficult for you! classes like rogue suffered from a severe lack of utility, in comparison. it only makes sense that as the move went to satisfy the individual player more / make the game more solo-friendly, that hybrid classes got the most immediate boost. rogues had pathetic and redundant AoE moves introduced. i remember the AoE they brought in for TBC i used like once ever, and that was clearing rooms of trash in kara.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-02 11:05:03)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

actually the general line of complaints go that rogues have been stronger and stronger as expacs go on. rogues were far from godmode in vanilla. the godmode classes in vanilla, in order of the game's general age/development, were: retadins, shadow priests, ms warriors, warlocks, ele shammies. rogues were good in the hands of a good player, but were never 'godmode'. i co-led the best PvP guild on the server - later on the whole merged battlegroup - and attended many people being selected and boosted for that weeks rank gains. the most common r14's were the above classes. the first r14 on our (early vanilla) server was an arms warrior. many other classes had situational win-buttons in vanilla. the rogues win button - vanish - only worked 70% of the time in the early game's dev. again, i get the feeling you're trying to make my critiques about the game's current state into something a little too personal. let it go, jay. you just said it ruined your life. you don't need to make tiny little comments to put me down, or put yourself up.

and yes, 2 resto druids per 40 man raid, maybe. the whole point of a hybrid class was that you could get into a raid-group in several different roles. from TBC onwards the versatility of druids was a joke. you could feral tank better than a warrior, resto heal (especially in pvp) better than a priest, and even moonkin nuke in PvE raiding better than mages. you out-did all the pure classes. please tell me some more though about how it was so difficult for you! classes like rogue suffered from a severe lack of utility, in comparison. it only makes sense that as the move went to satisfy the individual player more / make the game more solo-friendly, that hybrid classes got the most immediate boost. rogues had pathetic and redundant AoE moves introduced. i remember the AoE they brought in for TBC i used like once ever, and that was clearing rooms of trash in kara.
Druids did make better tanks and healers, yeah, moonkins were still trash. At the beginning of TBC I could AoE tank everything just spamming swipe and all the dps could go flat out from the start. They nerfed swipe pretty hard in the first or second patch and I wasn't really able to tank effectively until I had a lot of T5 feral gear. At that point, no one could pull off of me no matter how hard they tried (skill had a lot to do with that though). Priests still made very effective healers, especially raid healers, and shamans were still garbage overall. I used to carry a single enhance shaman for the totems in my melee group. If I remember correctly, I used to group 1 feral, 1 enhance shaman, 2 rogues and the warrior tank in the melee group for synergy bonuses. Worked quite nicely.

Druids were garbage in vanilla, and were buffed to godmode status in TBC. I played during both times and the difference was night and day.

Last edited by Jay (2013-04-02 11:13:37)

-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock
Rogue was my favourite character.

Hunter was my first and DK was alright for a laff.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...
warriors were only as strong as their gear and still are. In vanilla they were considered trash until the first ARs were crafted, in TBC s1 they were trash, in wotlk s1 they were trash and ended up becoming more ridiculous as better gear became available. They never fixed gear scaling with warriors.

oh and you forgot mages, they've been nasty since day 1. (given someone who can actually read played the class)
inane little opines
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253
mage was always strong but kind of flavor of the month. early patches arcane was strong, then arcane became a duff build again until late TBC (i think? when it became ridiculous again). frost ruled the roost in PvP for a long while, until arena arcane gimmick builds took it over. raiding was fire or nothing for ages and ages. my second back-up char was a mage, actually. i really enjoyed it.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock
The only female character I had was a priest. My friend always rolls women. Am I the only one that finds the whole playing a woman in an rpg thing weird?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I had a female blood elf priest I think. I don't think I got her above level 17 or so.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253

Adams_BJ wrote:

The only female character I had was a priest. My friend always rolls women. Am I the only one that finds the whole playing a woman in an rpg thing weird?
no, but i rolled a gnome for something along the same reasons... it's more humiliating to get wtfstomped by a dude that's 1.5feet high.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5964|London, England

Adams_BJ wrote:

it would be weird if you went around role playing as a woman trying to suck peoples dicks

other than that its not weird at all
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard