SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6407|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

The newest eye popping trailer from our friends at Blizzard.

I want a movie from them. This is just awesome. Awesome I say.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6738|London

looks pretty good
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5505|America
Can't fucking wait.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6282|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I am not even going to point out how stupid the flying bat/dragon zergs look IN SPACE....

Oh and tbh, sure it's a great trailer and all... but I've seen just as good from several other developers...

I'll just "aquire" the game and play through the singleplayer campaign when there is a crack out...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-07-24 17:58:42)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6407|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
To all you people who love trailers/cinematics, a user on Youtube has appropriated all 20 cinematics
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6687|Devon, England
Trailer is fucking awesome.

But I'm sure that Starcraft is an RTS.

Such a deceiving trailer, IMO.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6627|New Hampshire, USA
Trailer is quite epic, makes me much more excited story-wise.

On a side note, I love how they portray kerrigan as all alone at the battle of new gettysburg.  I usually have at least 12 battle cruisers with a support squadron of wraiths, not to mention intricate static base defenses by the time the zerg attack.  They never ever stand a chance, but kerrigan always still gets taken haha
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6733|Oxferd Ohire

FFLink wrote:

Trailer is fucking awesome.

But I'm sure that Starcraft is an RTS.

Such a deceiving trailer, IMO.
could say the same for the cutscenes in halo wars tbh
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6435|Brisbane, Australia

FloppY_ wrote:

I am not even going to point out how stupid the flying bat/dragon zergs look IN SPACE....

Oh and tbh, sure it's a great trailer and all... but I've seen just as good from several other developers...

I'll just "aquire" the game and play through the singleplayer campaign when there is a crack out...
go on,
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6362|California
starcraft 2 is the shit
shit as in the fucking bomb
the fucking bomb as in dope as fuck
dope as fuck as in amazing
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6339

Always hated Strcraft mulitplayer, but bought the same for the fucken awesome singleplayer.

"Hot bombs and cold beer!"
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5505|America
Think they'll have some type of in-game friends list? Or maybe something compatible with xfire so you can join right into the prematch. They gotta do something that only PC can do, besides the awesome graphics, amazing gameplay, and depth etc.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466
soooo psyched for this game now. the first RTS game i have actually *wanted* to buy in years!

blizzard have never ever made a bad game and i'll say it time and time again: whatever they choose to release ends up being an absolute genre-defining title. diablo, warcraft and starcraft are some of the best things to ever happen to pc gaming, like it or not. it seems some people are anti-blizzard in the same unfounded, unprincipled way as some people are anti-apple - it seems some people just hate blizzard's popularity, tbh. floppy, seriously, what is your excuse this time? you always hate on shit for no reason, like the spiteful bitter little boy that never gets picked for the football team in school. this game is fantastically designed, has a huge community and will be supported by the highest-quality, most reliable and most in-tune, community-wise, games developer around at the moment. what is there to hate? the fantasy cutscenes aren't 'realistic'? fuck off.

@fflink: it's not deceiving... starcraft has always been known for a rich storyline/fantasy universe (like all blizzard games) and the single-player campaign has cutscenes like the trailer throughout it, driving the story along. for anybody that played the original starcraft, the animated cut-scenes and movie-snippets are awesome and add loads to the game-immersion.

---

starcraft 2 will be the only pc release worth a damn to come out in 2010... in the long-run, anyway. when all the other titles and their hype falls away and people move on to the next 'new thing', sc2 will still have a huge casual, league and professional community playing it. i'm happy to see a company that makes games so good dominate the pc gaming scene - sure beats dice and activision's shite! also the single-player campaign will be . looking forward to getting back into a storyline that i haven't played or experienced much of since about age 14, back in school.

Blade4509 wrote:

Think they'll have some type of in-game friends list? Or maybe something compatible with xfire so you can join right into the prematch. They gotta do something that only PC can do, besides the awesome graphics, amazing gameplay, and depth etc.
blizzard have been developing battle.net (the system used in diablo games) in world of warcraft for the last year or so. it's been launched now as a huge all-encompassing service, a bit like steam, that covers all blizzard games. so you can talk to people playing starcraft when you're in world of warcraft; you can talk to friends on other world of warcraft servers to your own (a brand new feature, previously not possible); and you can talk to people when they're just on their desktop/battle.net browser and you are playing. it records stats, gives you an ELO rating, has an achievement system similar to world of warcraft's in-game system (if you haven't played it, think xbox live achievements), and offers you the chance to keep track of your friend's statistics, activity and other gaming habits on the battle.net website.

personally i think battle.net is fucking amazing and has added a new lease of life to world of warcraft, for one thing. it's great that your warcraft character armory, starcraft stats and soon diablo III stats will all be available to your friends-list online, in huge detail. plus the blizzard websites are designed to be fucking . really easy to navigate around and use.

Last edited by Uzique (2010-07-25 07:48:43)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466
p.s. here's a match-archive of one of the best competitive matches of the beta test

http://day9tv.blip.tv/file/3917155/

tester vs. thelittleone ... such good micro/macro! really entertaining match.

Last edited by Uzique (2010-07-25 07:49:30)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FFLink
There is.

Uzique wrote:

@fflink: it's not deceiving... starcraft has always been known for a rich storyline/fantasy universe (like all blizzard games) and the single-player campaign has cutscenes like the trailer throughout it, driving the story along. for anybody that played the original starcraft, the animated cut-scenes and movie-snippets are awesome and add loads to the game-immersion.
Not from what I've heard.

I didn't even know it had a good story mode, or even one at all. I've never played the games, not been enticed in the slightest because I can't play RTS games competitively, and that's all I've knows Starcraft to be. I admit the trailer wanted me to play the original and get in on the story, but the whole rage with Starcraft is about the multiplayer and how it's used in literally loads of official competitions and also how it's still even popular today.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466
not from what you've heard... where?

all of blizzard's games are followed by a huge community for their immersive universe. warcraft and starcraft rts have always been known for great storylines... that's why they keep releasing expansion packs for them, to continue adding to the rich storylines and intellectual property that blizzard have envisioned. it's fine that they're not your thing... but would be better if you didn't speak as if you were an authority on them, from forum-hearsay...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

*sigh* Listen to Uzique. Like any good game, Starcraft's storyline is good enough for at least a couple of playthroughs every few years or so. You don't have to play competitively to appreciate Starcraft, and I'm betting Starcraft 2 will be much the same. Multiplayer Starcraft has merely fostered a dedicated fanbase for...how many years now? For being as old as it is, the game is still so fresh in a lot of memories that it might as well have come out last month.
FFLink
There is.
Authority status wasn't intended for my post.

I'm saying that in the years I've been gaming, of course I've heard about Starcraft from many, many places. I have a friend who plays amateur-competitively who's weirdly excited about Starcraft 2 and lets us all know, but as I said, the main thing I've heard that Starcraft has to offer is it's multiplayer. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone go on about the singleplayer campaign until now.

If I was aware of a good singleplayer story, I would have checked it out by now, without a doubt.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466
who fucking said the single-player was the main attraction? i merely said that the animated cutscenes weren't "misleading", as you accused them of being, but they were an intrinsic and FAMILIAR part of the starcraft method of storytelling, i.e. anybody familiar with starcraft 1 will know that the animated scenes were a great addition to the single-player aspect. so it wasn't 'misleading', it was a very well executed dramatic trailer leading up to a muchly anticipated single-player campaign.

"listen to uzique". may do you some good and save you 2 pages of huffing and puffing posting nonsense every once in a while...
Brasso
+1,549|6626

FFLink wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Not from what I've heard.

I didn't even know it had a good story mode, or even one at all. I've never played the games, not been enticed in the slightest because I can't play RTS games competitively, and that's all I've knows Starcraft to be. I admit the trailer wanted me to play the original and get in on the story, but the whole rage with Starcraft is about the multiplayer and how it's used in literally loads of official competitions and also how it's still even popular today.
all blizzards games have ALWAYS had amazing lore behind them
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
FFLink
There is.
*shudders* I would never allow myself to have trust in someone as warped as you.

As a guy who's not played the first game and just saw this amazing trailer, it's misleading. There's no hint of RTS gameplay in there. Of course it shows a possible good story, with great visuals, but by you saying that Starcraft is known for it's amazing story and me being completely oblivious to that fact, I found it misleading as Starcraft has always been portrayed to me as a solid, fair and well-made multiplayer game.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466
it's a DRAMATIC TRAILER, not an INFORMATIONAL... it's meant to generate HYPE and EXCITEMENT and ANTICIPATION for the upcoming game. you know, that sort of entails then going away and perhaps - ooh i don't know - RESEARCHING it? looking into it? the logic of such marketing and trailers is to create and stir up a 'general' INTEREST that then may, if the game seems desirable enough, generate more SALES. this isn't rocket science, is it?

all of blizzard's games have had amazing lore and single-player, yes brasso. spot on. someone who knows what they're talking about, having actually played the games. incidentally, SURPRISE SURPRISE, blizzard have also used animated trailers, tv adverts and brilliantly well-executed cutscenes to generate similar HYPE and provide LORE for their other major series: diablo and warcraft. do you see people whining in the comments-section for those? "I saw a night-elf running through a forest and thought it was an first-person RPG... it's a MMORPG, i'm reporting you to the false advertising agency!!!" no? guess it's because they're not as silly in their logic, let alone as obstinate as you.

oh btw, blizzard do apologize for not specifically aiming to DECONSTRUCT the impressions that 'your mate' gave you about the game. ROFL.

Last edited by Uzique (2010-07-25 18:45:13)

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5233|Cleveland, Ohio
are you guys south korean?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466
i dunno about the south but i think im gonna have to go north korean on this little dumbass to point out some fundamental facts...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

FFLink wrote:

Authority status wasn't intended for my post.

I'm saying that in the years I've been gaming, of course I've heard about Starcraft from many, many places. I have a friend who plays amateur-competitively who's weirdly excited about Starcraft 2 and lets us all know, but as I said, the main thing I've heard that Starcraft has to offer is it's multiplayer. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone go on about the singleplayer campaign until now.

If I was aware of a good singleplayer story, I would have checked it out by now, without a doubt.
It's not going to be what's hyped because multiplayer is the star feature in an already star game. There's like 30 or some odd cinematics, a few of which are HD that you can already find on youtube if you don't want spoilers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard