Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6545|San Diego, CA, USA
Everyone knew most of the press corps was hoping for Obama in 2008. Newly released emails show that hundreds of them were actively working to promote him.

https://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9356/edal905barnesg201007211.jpg

Wall Street Journal wrote:

When I'm talking to people from outside Washington, one question inevitably comes up: Why is the media so liberal? The question often reflects a suspicion that members of the press get together and decide on a story line that favors liberals and Democrats and denigrates conservatives and Republicans.

My response has usually been to say, yes, there's liberal bias in the media, but there's no conspiracy. The liberal tilt is an accident of nature. The media disproportionately attracts people from a liberal arts background who tend, quite innocently, to be politically liberal. If they came from West Point or engineering school, this wouldn't be the case.

Now, after learning I'd been targeted for a smear attack by a member of an online clique of liberal journalists, I'm inclined to amend my response. Not to say there's a media conspiracy, but at least to note that hundreds of journalists have gotten together, on an online listserv called JournoList, to promote liberalism and liberal politicians at the expense of traditional journalism.
---

Climategate and now LiberialMediagate...what next?
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6713
Here's a great article from Tucker Carlson
"
We began our series on Journolist earlier this week with the expectation that our stories would be met with a fury of criticism from the Left. A hurt dog barks, after all.

The response hasn’t been all that furious, actually, probably because there isn’t much for the exposed members of Journolist to say. We caught them. They’re ashamed. The wise ones are waiting for the tempest to pass.

There have, however, been two lines of argument that we probably ought to respond to, if only because they may harden into received wisdom if we don’t. The first is that our pieces have proved only that liberal journalists have liberal views, and that’s hardly news.

To be clear: We’re not contesting the right of anyone, journalist or not, to have political opinions. (I, for one, have made a pretty good living expressing mine.) What we object to is partisanship, which is by its nature dishonest, a species of intellectual corruption. Again and again, we discovered members of Journolist working to coordinate talking points on behalf of Democratic politicians, principally Barack Obama. That is not journalism, and those who engage in it are not journalists. They should stop pretending to be. The news organizations they work for should stop pretending, too."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/22/lette … z0uRugFhjy

http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/22/lette … -coverage/

Last edited by Catbox (2010-07-22 14:32:11)

Love is the answer
Wreckognize
+294|6482
reality has a liberal bias too
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6664

Leftest articles are more entertaining.

Last edited by Ilocano (2010-07-22 15:21:20)

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5234|Cleveland, Ohio

Ilocano wrote:

you would think that yet the numbers and money say otherwise
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6664

11 Bravo wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Really?  Along with advertising revenue?
11 Bravo
Banned

Ilocano wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Really?  Along with advertising revenue?
fox beats every lefty news and radio outlet.  all the left has left is worthless newspapers.
Wreckognize
+294|6482
That's because they sell entertainment and scaremongering.  They are not a news organization.
11 Bravo
Banned

Wreckognize wrote:

That's because they sell entertainment and scaremongering.  They are not a news organization.
too bad.  they cant even beat that which is worse.
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6123|So Cal
And MSNBC, CNN and NYTimes has to be taken seriously. heh heh... no don't think so.
Left OR Right those channels are a disgrace to real journalism.
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6526|Global Command
It scares me that people want Rush Limbaugh taken off the air. Like wtf?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX
Educated people with wide education, knowledge and understanding do tend to be 'liberal'/leftwing/social democrat.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Phrozenbot
+632|6612|do not disturb

And the media, both liberal and "conservative", beat the drums of war for Bush, a neoconservative. How is this LiberialMediagate?

@ATG: Because he is a neo-con tool, a rank and file republican.
Phrozenbot
+632|6612|do not disturb

Dilbert_X wrote:

Educated people with wide education, knowledge and understanding do tend to be 'liberal'/leftwing/social democrat.
http://bytestyle.tv/content/researchers … our-brains
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS

Phrozenbot wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

http://bytestyle.tv/content/researchers … our-brains
Have noticed that on occasion...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Phrozenbot wrote:

And the media, both liberal and "conservative", beat the drums of war for Bush, a neoconservative. How is this LiberialMediagate?
Because Bush managed to spin it so anyone anti-Iraq war was anti-American and pro-Bin Laden -> very few people spoke out.
Phrozenbot
+632|6612|do not disturb

Fox legal analyst: Bush should have been indicted

Liberal Spin my ***. It's simply media weakness. Those who are privileged and have the power to do right, but fail to do so.
Spark
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS

Dilbert_X wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

Because Bush managed to spin it so anyone anti-Iraq war was anti-American and pro-Bin Laden -> very few people spoke out.
Doesn't absolve them of blame.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Spark wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

Doesn't absolve them of blame.
Absolutely, they were spineless when they were most needed.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6516|Πάϊ
oh the irony lol

the most right-wing country in the world has left-wing media... obviously their little conspiracy is working miracles
ƒ³
11 Bravo
Banned

oug wrote:

oh the irony lol

the most right-wing country in the world has left-wing media... obviously their little conspiracy is working miracles
people are free to choose what they want.  nobody is restricted from making news shows...hence NPR.  sadly it failed cuz nobody wants to hear liberal shit.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713
American journalism is shit tbh, both liberal and conservative. Olbermann is just as bad as O'reilly. BBC is superior tbh.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
11 Bravo
Banned
janes

ya i said it

and bbc is shit

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-07-23 01:03:42)

Spark
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS

Cybargs wrote:

American journalism is shit tbh, both liberal and conservative. Olbermann is just as bad as O'reilly. BBC is superior tbh.
abc (aus) > all IMO, 'cause of kerry.
~ Richard Feynman
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713

11 Bravo wrote:

janes

ya i said it

and bbc is shit
The defence site? Good shit tbh.

If you want shit news, Taiwanese news is utter shit. 6 O'clock breaking news: Old lady and neighbor get into a fight. over dramatic bullshit we have here in Taiwan.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard