aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5752|Roma
So I received an email from my Uni that says "We are planning on collaborating with Apple inc. to try out an innovative project that uses their new product the iPad. This will make our University one of the two first universities (the other being Pittsburgh University) to use this technology. All the students and teachers will have a 40% discount upon purchasing the iPad at any official Apple Store. Please respond to this email so we can add your name to the list that will be sent to Apple." So a 40% discount on the iPad. Should I do it?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715
Buy it and sell it for 10% off on the street. PROFIT.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Probably violates student license.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6271
do it and send it to me.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6651
Buy lots of them, if they ask any questions you obviously need them all to be able to multitask. Then sell them
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK
That's still like 250 quid and it's still some kind of inbred love child of a computer and a phone. So no.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Cybargs wrote:

Buy it and sell it for 10% more on the street. PROFIT off those Apple-crazed suckers.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5752|Roma
I mean it costs 700€ here, 40% discount = 420 for a brand new 3G iPad..doesn't seem to bad.

Last edited by aerodynamic (2010-07-22 09:17:44)

Ryan
+1,230|6841|Alberta, Canada

Do itttt. I bought my iPad 32GB for $680. Definitely worth it, but if you can get 40% off, then that's even better.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6651
It's an ipad

you're a student

be more frugal
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6618|Mhz

Except that's 420€ for something that does what exactly?

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2010-07-22 09:20:05)

tuckergustav
+1,590|5912|...

Like all things apple...wait til they get the kinks worked out..then wait some more 'cuz they redesigned and you want to wait til the kinks get worked out...
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

tuckergustav wrote:

Like all things apple...wait til they get the kinks worked out..then wait some more 'cuz they redesigned and you want to wait til the kinks get worked out...
And then 10 years from now you can finally buy it because it might finally be useful.
Ryan

Silly Apple haters. I bought my iPad and it's perfect for everything it can do. No problems.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5752|Roma

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Except that's 420€ for something that does what exactly?
well the thing is i'm afraid that since most of the people in my uni are filthy rich Italian kids they will probably buy them and then the teachers will do classes using the iPad or something and i will be left out.
Ah fuck it, its an iPad. I don't need it.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

Not worth it even with the discount.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6737|Toronto | Canada

Ryan wrote:

Silly Apple haters. I bought my iPad and it's perfect for everything it can do. No problems.
Editing a word document?  Editing/opening most documents? 

We have 4 in this office... they're very cool toys, but not good for much else.  Everyone here still prefers using their Blackberries for email, which really tells you something
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6618|Mhz

But yet still no-one actually says what it can do.  It's like the Apple advert for it, first line "What is an iPad?" their own response, "it's thin and pretty" followed by another 40 seconds of equally non-specific, useless advertising buzzwords.  Someone actually tell me what it does that either a standard smartphone or even an iPhone can't do.
Ryan

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Ryan wrote:

We have 4 in this office... they're very cool toys, but not good for much else.  Everyone here still prefers using their Blackberries for email, which really tells you something
I don't use that crap though. Email and documents I use my PC for.

I use my iPad for maps, music, video, photos, applications, internet, etc. I'm not a business man, so I could care less about editing shit. Although it can open .doc and pdf files, which is neat.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
3 posts in this thread have mentioned the word 'phone' in the ipad description.

3 people in this thread are retards.

i'd get it on discount... what's the worst that can happen? you have to sell it on ebay and still make a profit? win/win
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire

Ryan wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Ryan wrote:

I don't use that crap though. Email and documents I use my PC for.

I use my iPad for maps, music, video, photos, applications, internet, etc. I'm not a business man, so I could care less about editing shit. Although it can open .doc and pdf files, which is neat.
you said everything it can do, not everything you do with it
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Ryan

But yet still no-one actually says what it can do.  It's like the Apple advert for it, first line "What is an iPad?" their own response, "it's thin and pretty" followed by another 40 seconds of equally non-specific, useless advertising buzzwords.  Someone actually tell me what it does that either a standard smartphone or even an iPhone can't do.
All of the built-in apps on iPad were designed from the ground up to take advantage of the large Multi-Touch screen and advanced capabilities of iPad. And they work in any orientation. So you can do things with these apps that you can’t do on any other device.
Safari

iPad is the best way to experience the web. View whole pages in portrait or landscape on the large Multi-Touch screen. And let your fingers do the surfing. Learn more
Mail

There’s nothing like the Mail app on iPad. With a split-screen view and expansive onscreen keyboard, it lets you see and touch your email in ways you never could before. Learn more
Photos

A vivid LED-backlit IPS display makes viewing photos on iPad extraordinary. Open albums with a tap. Flip through your pictures one by one. Or play a slideshow and share your photos. Learn more
Videos

The 9.7-inch high-resolution screen makes iPad perfect for watching HD movies, TV shows, podcasts, music videos, and more. Learn more
YouTube

With the YouTube app designed specifically for iPad, videos are even easier to find. And on the amazing iPad display, they’re more fun to watch. Especially in HD. Learn more
iPod

Reach out and touch your songs. View your album art full-size. iPad makes music look as good as it sounds. Learn more
iTunes

Millions of songs, thousands of movies and TV shows, and so much more. Browsing and buying are just a tap away. Learn more
App Store

You’ll find more than 200,000 apps on the App Store, and iPad can run almost all of them. Including everything from games to productivity apps. Learn more
iBooks

Reading is a joy on iPad. Text looks crisp and bright. Pages turn with a flick. And you can buy new books from the iBookstore. Just download the free iBooks app to get started.1 Learn more
Maps

See more of the world with iPad. Find locations easier than ever with street view, satellite view, or new terrain view — all using Google services. Learn more
Notes

With its large display and onscreen keyboard, iPad makes it easy to jot down quick notes and keep important information on hand. You can even email yourself reminders. Learn more
Calendar

Work, home, and everything in between. Your schedules are easy to read and easy to manage on iPad — even all at once. Learn more
Contacts

With Contacts on iPad, you can see much more than just names and numbers. And you can do more with them, too. Learn more
Home Screen

With just one press of the Home button, you have access to every app on your iPad. Learn more
Spotlight Search

No matter what you’re looking for, Spotlight Search can help you find it. Learn more
Accessibility

Universal access is built into iPad. So right out of the box, Apple makes it easy for people with disabilities to enjoy all that iPad has to offer. Learn more
iWork

The iWork productivity applications that you know and love on the Mac — Keynote, Pages, and Numbers — have been completely redesigned for iPad.2 So you can create great-looking presentations, documents, and spreadsheets. All using just your fingers. And while they’re easy to use, they’re also the most powerful productivity apps ever built for a mobile device.
Keynote

Create a presentation with custom graphic styles, elegantly designed themes, stunning animations and effects, and powerful new features designed just for iPad. Learn more
Pages

Pages has everything you need to put your words into beautiful documents. Including Apple-designed templates and easy-to-use formatting tools. Learn more
Numbers

Numbers includes over 250 easy-to-use functions, an intelligent keyboard, flexible tables, and eye-catching charts. So you can create compelling spreadsheets in just a few taps.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/
tuckergustav
+1,590|5912|...

mtb0minime wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

And then 10 years from now you can finally buy it because it might finally be useful.
...yeah and then you have to buy some silly attachment just so your hand doesn't block the cell signal...

Don't get me wrong...I want an ipad...looks fun.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

Uzique wrote:

i'd get it on discount... what's the worst that can happen? you have to sell it on ebay and still make a profit? win/win
Agreed.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Ryan wrote:

All of the built-in apps on iPad were designed from the ground up to take advantage of the large Multi-Touch screen and advanced capabilities of iPad. And they work in any orientation. So you can do things with these apps that you can’t do on any other device.
Safari

iPad is the best way to experience the web. View whole pages in portrait or landscape on the large Multi-Touch screen. And let your fingers do the surfing. Learn more
Mail

There’s nothing like the Mail app on iPad. With a split-screen view and expansive onscreen keyboard, it lets you see and touch your email in ways you never could before. Learn more
Photos

A vivid LED-backlit IPS display makes viewing photos on iPad extraordinary. Open albums with a tap. Flip through your pictures one by one. Or play a slideshow and share your photos. Learn more
Videos

The 9.7-inch high-resolution screen makes iPad perfect for watching HD movies, TV shows, podcasts, music videos, and more. Learn more
YouTube

With the YouTube app designed specifically for iPad, videos are even easier to find. And on the amazing iPad display, they’re more fun to watch. Especially in HD. Learn more
iPod

Reach out and touch your songs. View your album art full-size. iPad makes music look as good as it sounds. Learn more
iTunes

Millions of songs, thousands of movies and TV shows, and so much more. Browsing and buying are just a tap away. Learn more
App Store

You’ll find more than 200,000 apps on the App Store, and iPad can run almost all of them. Including everything from games to productivity apps. Learn more
iBooks

Reading is a joy on iPad. Text looks crisp and bright. Pages turn with a flick. And you can buy new books from the iBookstore. Just download the free iBooks app to get started.1 Learn more
Maps

See more of the world with iPad. Find locations easier than ever with street view, satellite view, or new terrain view — all using Google services. Learn more
Notes

With its large display and onscreen keyboard, iPad makes it easy to jot down quick notes and keep important information on hand. You can even email yourself reminders. Learn more
Calendar

Work, home, and everything in between. Your schedules are easy to read and easy to manage on iPad — even all at once. Learn more
Contacts

With Contacts on iPad, you can see much more than just names and numbers. And you can do more with them, too. Learn more
Home Screen

With just one press of the Home button, you have access to every app on your iPad. Learn more
Spotlight Search

No matter what you’re looking for, Spotlight Search can help you find it. Learn more
Accessibility

Universal access is built into iPad. So right out of the box, Apple makes it easy for people with disabilities to enjoy all that iPad has to offer. Learn more
iWork

The iWork productivity applications that you know and love on the Mac — Keynote, Pages, and Numbers — have been completely redesigned for iPad.2 So you can create great-looking presentations, documents, and spreadsheets. All using just your fingers. And while they’re easy to use, they’re also the most powerful productivity apps ever built for a mobile device.
Keynote

Create a presentation with custom graphic styles, elegantly designed themes, stunning animations and effects, and powerful new features designed just for iPad. Learn more
Pages

Pages has everything you need to put your words into beautiful documents. Including Apple-designed templates and easy-to-use formatting tools. Learn more
Numbers

Numbers includes over 250 easy-to-use functions, an intelligent keyboard, flexible tables, and eye-catching charts. So you can create compelling spreadsheets in just a few taps.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/
Whoa, slow down Ryan. Save that for the Real World Facts thread.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard