pace51
Boom?
+194|5175|Markham, Ontario

RTHKI wrote:

pace51 wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

AoE3 was the worst. I hated that home city thing.
Aoe3 was pretty good, actually. The home city gave you versatility and provided your army with many early game boosts, which helped you in the early stages. Also, the customization was fun. The home city, though, did become annoying and confusing in the later stages of the game. Maybe, if there's another AOE, AOE4, they'll remove the home city and instead give you the option to choose between a small amount of very balanced Age 1 boosts. Like, start the game with a few soldiers, or a small gathering boost, etc.
I liked AoE3 but the others were far more fun. the home city was annoying because when i would want to change civ i wouldnt have any upgrades or not as many to choose from. i also hated the singleplayer setup. home cities had to be made specifically for deathmatch and supremacy, not just one home city for both, that was stupid.
the bonuses chosen when upgrading level was fine though, i loved how age of mythology did it. trading posts and the natives were also cool
one other thing i didnt like is that walls were shit in AoM and 3 oh and the building limits, hate that.
each game had things i really didnt like, but thats another topic.
I agree with you about those things you mentioned for aoe3. Deathmatch was also kinda dumb. Didn't enjoy it. They should've made units free and a few buildings per team, and made us defeat enemies with strategy.
firebolt5
+114|6157

pace51 wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

I bet a lot of people would agree these series were ruined with their sequels:
Rainbow Six series
Ghost Recon series
Rainbow six vegas two was actually very fun for me. The RPG elements, the terrorist hnt mode, all very enjoyable.
Meh, Vegas had RPG elements?  Hell, the first Ghost Recon had a small amount of RPG elements with the points for endurance, leadership, and others.   I thought Vegas was fun, radically different from the 1st Rainbow Six games.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6669

Vegas owns MW...
pace51
Boom?

Ilocano wrote:

Vegas owns MW...
pace51
Boom?

firebolt5 wrote:

pace51 wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

I bet a lot of people would agree these series were ruined with their sequels:
Rainbow Six series
Ghost Recon series
Rainbow six vegas two was actually very fun for me. The RPG elements, the terrorist hnt mode, all very enjoyable.
Meh, Vegas had RPG elements?  Hell, the first Ghost Recon had a small amount of RPG elements with the points for endurance, leadership, and others.   I thought Vegas was fun, radically different from the 1st Rainbow Six games.
Actually, vegas two did. The different types of combat you had to "level up" in to earn different weapons.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5511|America

pace51 wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

pace51 wrote:

Actually, vegas two did. The different types of combat you had to "level up" in to earn different weapons.
So it's like every other FPS?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
GullyFoyle
+25|5388
Far Cry 2.  It had so much potential, but lack of support from the publisher killed it.  Final patch 1.03.  Three freakin patches in less than a year, most of the bugs and issues were acknowledged and left un-addressed.

Ubisoft makes DICE look like masters of customer support.

BTW, Battlefield Bad Company 2 was a sequel to Battlefield Bad Company, not Battlefield 2.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6669

Far Cry 1 was an awesome FPS with an awesome Map creation tool with an established map making community.   FC2 was crap, period.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

splinter cell : conviction ............. sucks . ...... the last splinter cell game I played was chaos theroy

Legend of zelda 2 ........ side scrolling

Super Mario 2 ......

thankfully zelda & mario .... went on to games ...................... fisher on the other hand, is on the verge of death
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

The first two Syphon Filters were great, the third onward sucked balls.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6325|Graz, Austria

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

System Shock 2.

That was a joke.

Haha.

Fat chance.
Why? What was wrong with it?
I'd like to know that too.
It's one of the best games ever in my opinion.
And definitely an improvement over the predecessor with its overloaded Doom engine.

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Also Deus Ex 2.
This has to be on top.
It's the inglorious example of an utterly messed up sequel due to stupid "consolizing".

The reason I say that, is because the first game is pretty much the best game ever and it's followed by such an abysmally bad sequel, distances away from the quality of the former.
No other game you people have mentioned so far can achieve that.
No sequel I can think of at all, can achieve that.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

globefish23 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

System Shock 2.

That was a joke.

Haha.

Fat chance.
Why? What was wrong with it?
I'd like to know that too.
It's one of the best games ever in my opinion.
And definitely an improvement over the predecessor with its overloaded Doom engine.
It's a part of the on going Poseidon - Miggle/DSL war. Don't mind it, Poseidon is just launching a preemptive strike.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard